How'd You Do 2017

Quite a successful auction for us as although we came home with 5 new ponies, we consigned 17 and at least 12 of those have sold or will sell. Good luck to all the new owners.

Our most expensive purchase is [color=red]Sydney Harbour,  a stakes winning daughter of High Chances. She’s been bought as a broodmare prospect. Cost $13,000.

The other four cost $1000 a piece.

[color=blue]Knight’s Templar is a yearling son of Dark Demand out of NCh Get The Point.

[color=red]Melusine is a yearling by the now retired Slew O’Scots out of the Alydar made Ally Oops.

[color=red]Day Break is a 2009 daughter of Almost Home. She has an OK race record (MW, MP) but is a half-sister to WCh Brigade. She’s in foal to Golden Text.

[color=red]Worth The Roses only managed one win in a 14 race career and is only bronze ranked. But her big selling point was being a half-sister to WCh Highland Bandit by What’s It Worth and she’s in foal to WCh Drum Major.

Still waiting for one, but I’ll report these two unknown mysteries we bought.

[color=blue]Hussler - a 4yo colt by A.P. Indy, out of Ch. One Night Stand (Citation). His dosage and pedigree look really impressive, but he’s 4yo and never ran a race. However, he’s born in May so I hope that it’s not too late for him to start a career and at least he shall earn his price. Purchased for $5,500.

[color=red]Caballa - a 11.0h weanling filly by NCh. Yes It’s Paddy, out of Ch. Crimson Sunset (Crimson Lad). Originally we wanted to buy her sire, but the highest bid was placed so he went to Candi Cane Racing. We have another filly with the same damsire, a yearling [color=red]Lointaine by Octagonal. I hope that it’s going to be a good line.
About the name: although “caballa” is etymologically the feminine form of “caballo”, its meaning is not related to the female horse, which in Spanish is called yegua (from Latin equa). “Caballa” means “mackerel”. I find it funny. :wink:
The filly was sold for only $1,000.

Well I lost out on the mare I asked to be in the auction as my funds are very low. But I did manage to get one.

Black Lgight II -already bronze with one crop racing, he will save me some on stud fees next year :slight_smile: $15,500

That sucks. We had asked for a broodmare to be put into the Auction and we were successful in getting her.

[color=red]Gimmeonemoreshot, 7yo broodmare by [color=blue]NCh. Gimme A Shot (S) out of [color=red]Thinking of Dreams (S). We had leased her for a while and had one foal from her, and had asked about buying her outright. We own her dam and have a number of her half-siblings, including two other broodmares. $1,000

[color=blue]Sovereign Glory, 3yo colt by our own [color=blue]ICh. Magic Glory (S) out of [color=red]Sovereign Song (S). $15,000

[color=blue]Lord Tottenham, weanling colt by our own [color=blue]GCh. Tottenham Hotspur out of [color=red]The Lady (B). $1,000

We had bid on two others and had one other in mind as a potential in case we didn’t get all of the horses we were interested in, however, we lost both and by the time the auctions for both of them had finished, the auction on the potential had less than 2 hours left and I have a policy of not bidding for a horse if there is less than 2 hours left in their auction.

We are quite satisfied with three new horses for a total of $17,000 which means that we can still bid on another horse or two if we see something left towards the end of the auction that looks like it may be interesting.

I lost her but I own 3 of her daughters so I have her bloodlines it was daring evil

Well due to poor panning on my behalf I missed a couple of well bred colts I wanted but I got four nice mares and am waiting to see on another. Maybe with these I can make my own well bred colts  :wink:

[color=red]Almost Found 4yo daughter of Almost Home she is half to NCh Eureka Stockade $1,000

[color=red]Shootforthemoon 4yo by Gimme A Shot, wanted one by him because I don’t have any and comes from a pretty strong damline. She is half to GCh Kickitupanotch and NCh Nefertari, her dam Presto Slew is Gold rated and her granddam is Platinum rated Dark Magic. Bargain at $1,000

[color=red]Chantin The Debate 2yo by What’s Debatable, her dam is yet unproven and she looks too small to run this year but I have been hoping to get my hands on some of this sire’s get, particularly as future broodmares $15,000

[color=red]Set For Ireland 4yo also by What’s Debatable, not showing too much talent for racing and neither do her siblings but I didn’t buy her for that  :slight_smile: $25,000

And another one at Clicker Lab, just for $1,000.

[url=http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=22432][color=red]Ri

I was just going to sell, not buy, but then I remembered a colt in the auction that I wanted. :wink:

Paid a bit more than I would normally like, but managed to take home [color=blue]Gilded Escape for $70,500. He’s half-brother to MSWs Hidden Destiny and Al Mundhir, and he’s by our stallion Take Me Away, so there’s a lot to like. Here’s hoping he lives up to his potential.

Also, congrats to all the new owners of the Stillwater ponies that are/were in the auction. I hope they do well for you!

I try to keep my spending low and gravitate towards fillies since they have future breeding value, but both factors failed this time around. However, since I am working on moving out a chunk of breeding stock and moving in money-making racehorses, I’m hoping they were good purchases.

[color=blue]Archaeopteryx is by Worth My While out of a create mare who has 4 winners from 4 runners. He’s only been off the board once in 14 lifetime starts. He’s already 4 but obviously still trucking. Picked him up for $4,500.

[color=blue]Highland Devil is a son of Devil His Due out of NCH. Highland Sage (Highland Rogue), making him half to MSW Ch. Major’s Insight, SW Ch. Irish Rage, and 3 other stakes-placed horses. He’s hit the board 8 of 10 times this year including 4th in an Ungr. He’s by far the best bargain purchase of the lot at $1,000.

Our most expensive boy was [color=blue]Anduril, a 3yo son of Strider (G) out of a Spectacular Bid mare. He’s raced 6 times with 5 board placings but no wins, so I’m hoping his talent + maiden qualification means we’ll find him a few easy spots. He only has 1 other race-age sibling but she’s hit the board 4/5 times (FF-managed). We pushed to $22,500 for him. I hope he keeps running well!

Got outbid on gilded escape :frowning:
But purchased 5 I hope will be ok
As You Like $60,500 paid more than I wanted to
3yo c stks horse hopefully

Jazz Hands $1,000
Well bred 2yo c

Black Panther $5,500
Nice big Rahy 2yo

Unnamed (Broad Account x Tempestuous) $1,000
Cheap yearling hope she’s faster than tempestuous hero!

War Of Words $3,000
War chant yearling really nice and very cheap

Added one more: [color=red]I’m A Molly, an unraced created broodmare for $1000. She’s been bred to Gilded Saint.

All the horses we consigned have gone to new homes :slight_smile:

Well, this auction was a fabulous success. I sold ponies…and I didn’t buy any. Mission accomplished!

Well done! :slight_smile:

Just put in a bid for #5, but the 4 I’ve won so far are:

[color=red]Play It Up (2yo, Point Given) - At 2 inches under her minimum expected height, and out of a SW, MSP dam who raced best at ages 4-5, I’m going to have to be patient with this filly.  She was a steal at $1000.

Sunken Battleship (2yo, Strike It Rich) seems to be a more mature 2yo, based on his height, and has only raced once this year.  $1000.

[color=red]Trixter (5yo, Candidate) was a OA-level mare who had not been racing well this year.  She’s now starting her career as a broodmare and has been shipped for a date with Mr. Prospective. $1000.

[color=red]Pisa No Macallen (4yo, Giant’s Causeway) is a SW, MSP mare who hasn’t placed in her 2 starts this year.  I’m hoping a long rest at the farm might help, but if not, she’ll be a lovely addition to the broodmare barn in 2018.  $1000.

I have you to thank for that, since you went after Gilded Escape too. :wink:

Yeah, your bid reminded me that I liked him. :wink: Ah well, he’s won his first race so there’s potential.