How'd You Do 2016

Yeah, not sure I want to contemplate that…I currently own 73 broodmares, all in foal. :wink:

Just a reminder that there are over 50 horses still without bids in the auction. Go grab a bargain!

I’ve bought the maximum 5 - any chance the limit could be lifted since there’s still so many left? Pretty please :wink:

Oh yeah, I forgot I usually do that for the last couple of days. :slight_smile: Limit’s now 10 per stable.

Well, it’d be rude not to then lol

YES! :smiley:

I spent 100k on one… can you raise that limit too? :slight_smile:

Well I snagged two more.  I just can’t believe the deals!

Racehorse mare,[color=red] Garden Whimsy, is joining the ranks.  More for her bloodlines than her racing ablility at this point. :wink: She’s double silver bred (Seabiscuit X Wildflower), and a winner herself. I have always been a fan of Wildflower and surprised a filly of hers to go so cheap! She hasn’t been raced since last year so it’ll be interesting to see if she’s perked up or slowed down.  We are currently getting her in shape for her first race under CDS silks.

Next we got Bronze rated broodmare, [color=red]Fairytail.  She’s 17.0 and strawberry roan to boot. Strider here we come! :slight_smile: She’s a create and has produced 2 winners of 3 racers.  The one who is not a winner was raced once and placed 5th.  So we think she still has room to improve as a broody.

Well I just bid on 4 more a few more lines I don’t have, will see how it goes. And one to just play around with!
Ok well like i really needed more, lol. Got all 4.

[color=red]Vinaha- 2006 broodmare by Omaha out of Created Vinada who produced one MSW and the rest pretty much all winners (ones running) will try with one of my boys for a late foal next season.
[color=purple]just bred her to my new guy Golden Text, the foal will have quite the star studded bloodline, on sires side Gold x A.P. Indy (Seatle Slew) out of Gold rush (Mr Prospector) and dam Vin x Omaha (gallant Fox) lots of old royalty. :slight_smile:

[color=blue]Scooter Blues 4yo colt by  Black Gold out of Justonelastcigar(cigar) he was 4th or better last yr at 3 ,50% of the time but hasn’t raced Since dec. hope he will be a dependable allow. Horse.

[color=blue]ikari his name caught my eye, he’s a 3yo,by Rumor has it out of high n fancy, her first foal is a winner, he was only raced once in a Stakes race. So hopefully with some conditioning he will make a good earner.

[color=red]Scaredy Cat I saw this name and had to have her! Lol! The possibilities when she’s a broodmare!! She’s a yearling filly by Alley Cat out of Aftershock (another great name) Her dam has produced 9 foals,7 runners all winners with 2 SW’s.
She is 1/2 to Ch.Earthquake.

Well, I have actually bought close to 20+ horses between this auction and other purchases in 2016… Who needs money laying around anyway, right?

So, as a follow-up on [color=red]Champagne On Ice, one of my previous purchases, she made $27k on the win in her previous race, which perfectly covers her shipping costs ($26k) and price tag ($1k), which is downright amazing.

And now I have 5 more. Again, each sold for minimum bid. I was looking through these horses when I was supposed to be in class, so I missed a couple of cons for a few in my rush…

[color=blue]Bold Dreams is a stakes placed light chestnut 5yo racehorse out of the bronze-ranked Boldness Shows and the silver ranked Fleeting Dreams. I was excited because I saw that he was starting to pick it up in the last few races of his. Unfortunately, upon closer examination after bidding, he hasn’t raced in a half year. Hopefully his prime wasn’t wasted while not racing. Hopefully, he’s still in his prime.

[color=red]Delightful Queen is a burgeoning 3yo bay racehorse who has only 6 starts so far, including a stakes entry. She bombed the stakes, but she was also the winner in a claimer. All of these races were this year too, so I know this isn’t out-of-date talent. She has room to grow, and the seller had entered her in a race before I bought her, so tomorrow she’s running in a free race for me!

[color=blue]Easy Launch is a stakes placed 5yo brown (blech) racehorse out of Easy Goer and Miners Launch, both silver rated. He’s done 6 starts spread throughout his lifetime and has three wins and a 3rd in a stakes race. He could have had such a record if he had been raced more! Ah well, hopefully he still has it in him and we can bring out the potential I know he has.

[color=blue]Evil Rumors is a 4yo bay racehorse out of Black Gold (S) and White Christmas (B). He has 12 starts, all last year, where he won once and placed 4th in two stakes races. He hasn’t run this year, but we’ll see if the additional half year of maturing treated him well.

I made the same mistake again. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. [color=blue]GoToThe Devil is a 4yo brown (blech again) racehorse out of Easy Goer and Lucky Desert, both silver rated. He’s in Australia. Do I ever learn? Unfortunately, I don’t think he’ll earn his keep as fast as Champagne On Ice did, because I don’t have as good as a feeling about him. Out of 21 starts he has 7 wins. Winning 1/3 of your races is still pretty good, though, so hopefully he can earn a wad of cash before travelling to the States as well.

With any of these boys, I am willing to geld them if I feel studification is out of reach and will improve their performances. With all of the horses I bought this year, I looked for rare lines, some past success, and showed some favor toward boys. The testosterone is low is my stable. Well, it was.

Rofl at the aus comment! I passed on a couple per your previous post about not looking. Lol, at least you got me looking now. I made that mistake last year with a couple claimers, you get that glazed over eyes look at that pony and boom! Crap wrong country! Lol.  So far I’ve done not too bad with earning back fees too. :slight_smile:

I’m glad I influenced you well! Haha, unfortunately, I had to pay the price… twice. ::)

Well, I didn’t NEED anymore ponies.  Still, I brought home 3 more for what I feel are low, low prices - should I ever have to sell them in the future, I should at least be able to get my money back out of them…but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some surprises:

[color=red]Catch A Glimpse (x created) is a tiny, tiny broodmare - seriously tinier than I would normally ever consider adding to my broodmare string unless she was a superamazing MSW, which she wasn’t.  However, she had a couple things going for her.  First, she didn’t run at 2 or 3, but was a multi-winner at 4 (read: she might have been superamazing, and “might” is better than a “definitely wasn’t”).  She even earned a speed record for 5.5f turf.  Second, she came already in foal to Strider (who is thankfully talented AND tall!) for 2017, saving me a $20k stud fee on a Strider foal.  Finally, she was a steal at $1500.

[color=red]Kelly Green (x created) is another petite broodmare, but again, she had a few things that swayed me to her side:  though she was unplaced on the track (she only ran 1 year), she has two foals who have raced, one of which is stakes placed and a winner from a handful of starts.  However, her main draw was what’s in her womb - she’s in foal to my stud, so it gives me a chance to raise another of his babies and (hopefully) make sure he/she is on the right track to succeed.

[color=red]Just Fleet (x Fleet Street) was purchased because I didn’t have any Fleet Street in my barn, and because of her low price tag.  Two of her 3 foals to race have been winners so far, and the third was only lightly raced at 2 (but still is multi-placed).  I see potential here, and for $5500, I’m willing to take a gamble.

Well, secured another 5 to add to the original bunch. Again they’re all girls - like I don’t have enough mares already.

Racehorse [color=red]Hero’s Wings a 5yo daughter of Simply Heroic. MW, MP and a strawberry roan I couldn’t resist. She’s lightly raced and holds some speed records. Cost $1000.

[color=red]Mist Win a bronze ranked brood by Twin Oaks. Two stakes placed runners from three runners. Not in foal. Cost $1000.

[color=red]Jolie’s Prospect another bronze ranked brood, by Mr Prospector. Also $1000. Both broods are unraced.

[color=red]Elegant Denae a created brood who only raced at 6, MW, MP and holds some speed records. Cost $12000. Hope she has some potential as a producer.

[color=red]RoseTintedGlasses a created yearling. My starter mare was a created strawberry roan and ended up MSW so thought we’d have fun playing with this one.

That will teach me to look closer. Lol, I need some strider blood! 
Imagine don’t forget you have a filly at my barn too! Her lease runs out jan 1st. Lol , not ready for brood yet though.  I did the same thing, bought girls.(one I ran today and she brought home a 4th) only her second lifetime start. Like I  don’t have enough!
I did get a couple of boys to run around maybe have a couple of decent allowance ponies, I hope!