How'd you do? 2011 edition

Woo hoo, I’m bringing three home this afternoon! Didn’t expect to get that many that quickly, to be honest.

First is Pulp Fiction, a 13.2hh grey filly by Starz N’ Stripes out of silver-ranked Lady’s Call. This young lady is 1/2 to SW Speedial; her dam is 1/2 to a Stakes winner and a couple of Stakes-placed runners.

Next was She Will Fly. This dark-grey filly tapes in at 13.1h and is by Those Will Do, out of bronze-rated Adiantum. She is 1/2 to Stakes-placed Adiafleet. I created Adiantum’s pedigree, so I am rather partial to her and glad to see that she seems to be making decent foals. :slight_smile:

Lastly was a 14h chestnut filly by Omaha, out of bronze-rated Budding Rose. She is 1/2 to Stakes-placed Secret Blossom. I’ve decided to name her Goldenrod…it’s not the most girly-sounding name, but it’ll stick for now at least. :slight_smile: I’m glad to get one of Omaha’s last babies.

That’s it for me, I have enough babies right now as it is!

Thought I’d go ahead and post as I’ve already brought 2 pretty fillies home, although I’m aiming to bring home 5 by the time all is said and done…

First I got a gorgeous 15.0hh yearling filly - light bay with (my favorite:) a big bald face.  She’s of created lines so she’s a bit of a gamble, but she appears nearly big enough to race already, and she’s got several months.  Plus I just love her name (and I think I might have created her pedigree…?  When I went on a tanget creating names for random plays/musicals in an ad I found…) - [color=red]Song Of Singapore.  She was my must-have of the auction, so I was ecstatic to have won her so early on.

Then a minute or two later we won another light bay filly - this time a weanling.  She was unnamed but standing at 13.1hh already, and by Alydar (S).  I’ve been intent on getting a daughter of his, and with 2011 being his last season standing, I was anxious to win this one.  She is also out of The Cover Girl (S), rounding out her impressive pedigree.  This makes her a 1/2 to 4YO SW Undercover Girl & 2YO SW Cover Story.  In the end, I’ve decided to name her [color=red]Alyglamour, and I’m in love.  :smiley:

I’ve added three yearlings so far.

[color=blue]Aperture is a shortish colt who looks like he’ll need to mature a little before racing. He’s by Deputy Minister and out of Flash Photography. I named him Aperture due to his dam’s name and because I’ve been trying to get into photography and aperture confuses me to no end. His dam is rated silver and she has produced two stakes winners and two winners from four foals. His stud is decent enough being bronze rated with few progeny. I think this guy will be reasonable on the track. He was a nice buy for just $1,000.

[color=red]Chloé is a shortish filly who will also need to mature over the next few months before racing. She’s by Easy Goer and out of Cee Me First. I named her after a famous French fashion brand. Her dam is silver rated with a stakes winner, two winners and a placer from four raced foals. Easy Goer is a decent stud being silver rated with a couple of nice stakes winners to his name. Again, she was a steal at just $1,000.

[color=red]Idylle is an okay sized grey filly who doesn’t look to have too much more growing to do. She’s by Satin Romance and out of Crimson Text. I named her the French word for ‘romance’. Her dam was stakes placed as a racer and has a stakes placed 2-Y-O and a winning 3-Y-O from just two foals of racing age. She also has a number of stakes winners in her extended family. Satin Romance is a silver rated sire. Although not a popular sire, he has a nice win percentage with his progeny as well as some nice stakes winners. This yearling was also a bargain at only $1,000.

I am proud to say that so far I have walked away with four so far (and quite happy that this Newbie was able to spend so little [$1,000 per foal] :slight_smile: ). And our previously lone filly Dardanelle is happy to welcome some feminine company into the barn. :wink:

First to come home was [color=blue]Country Drive, a 15.0H black yearling (nearly all black, only a small rh cornet) by bronze rated GCh. Backseat Driver and out of bronze rated Peace On Earth. He is 1/2 to 3 stakes placed horses and 1/2 to winners Remember the Alamo and Price of Peace. (April baby)

Next to step off the truck was [color=red]Gilded Stage (Originally Gilded Award), a 13.0H light chestnut weanling with a blaze, 3 cornets and a sock. She is out of the first crop of GCh. Stagehand and the second foal of Gilded Diamond. (February baby)

Third off the truck was [color=red]Fatehasfoundme, a 15.0H red chestnut yearling with a star, stripe, and cornet. She is out of created lines (I think I may have been the one to submit her pedigree b/c is sounds so familiar…) and has a July birthdate so she may be a late maturer, but she is certainly cute.

Last to come home was [color=red]Symbolic Sound, a 14.0H chestnut yearling with a star, stripe, snip and sock. She is also out of created lines that sound vaguely familiar. (May baby)

We are waiting to see if our last horse comes off our trailer in the morning but even if that doesn’t happen we are very happy with our purchases!! :slight_smile:

I added another one.

[color=blue]Iblis is a beautiful black colt who is already a decent size despite not officially turning two until May. He is by Devil May Care and out of Lady Gambler. His name is Arabic and is the name given to the primary devil in Islam. His dam is a silver-rated mare with a number of stakes placed foals. Devil May Care is a nice stallion and this colt will be part of his third group of foals to race. I’m very happy I got this colt and I am reasonably confident he will be a nice runner. He was priced really well at only $25,500.

Our first purchase from this auction is [color=blue]Scotch Whiskey, a beautiful Stillwater bred baby by Slew O’Scots (B) out of Hollywood Memories (B; by Forget It (S)). Standing at 12.2hh, he’s got a shiny black coat and beautiful markings. He’s also half to MSP Hollywood Dash and  SP Timeless Memories, so he has promise :smiley: I kind of want to change his name, but can’t because I’ve been stalking FF all day to get him so the code decided to sell him back to FF! rofl I suppose that’s what I get, yeah? :stuck_out_tongue: I found him to be a nice steal at $35,500 considering his bloodlines.

Hoping to pick up a few more babies!

Ivy Creek has added two more girlies:

We somehow managed to snag another yearling, a striking dark grey of 15.2hh already - [color=red]High Drama.  As with our other yearling, she’s of created lines so only time will tell if she’s any good on the track.  She was too cute to pass up, though.

Then a few minutes later, we won another weanling (I’m seeing a pattern here…) - a lovely light chestnut with lots of chrome standing 12.1hh.  Better yet, she is sired by another of the retiring stallions I desperately wanted a daughter of: Whirlaway (S).  She is out of Fondly Yours (S), making her 1/2 to SW Ghost Your Good, 4YO SP Secretly Yours, and 3YO SP It’s All Yours.  Previously unnamed, we’ve decided to call her [color=red]Twirlaway.

I really should stop gambling with my money, but I really am rather fond of out of game lines.  Don’t ask me why, but I’ve had some good luck (and some not so good luck…).  Nevertheless, I keep on bringing these risks home. 

My must take home was [color=red]Molly is a Mule.  With a name like that, I’m surprised anyone wanted her lest her name prove true.  She’s one of the few I remember naming, AND she’s a grey pony.  With lines like Donkey Kong and Jumping Jack Sprat in her pedigree, you know she’s going to be good.  Or she could run like a mule.  I think I’m setting myself up for failure on this one, much like I did with Chicken (but he had pretty in game lines…).  She’s 15.0hh already, so she’s going to be a big girl.  Must be the Donkey Kong side of things.  :stuck_out_tongue:  A deal at $5,500.

Another yearling filly, [color=red]Noisy Nancy comes to us with out of game lines.  A cute bay filly, she sticks at 14.2hh, meaning she’s probably going to be a) short or b) mature later.  I’m okay with either.  A steal at $1,000.

[color=blue]Quite Catty is a horse that I bought just for the name.  I have a poor track record with horses with cat names. (Catwoman, the best of them, has 1 SW to her name and has been ornery about getting another.  Cat Trick has 1 win, and has been ornery about getting another.  Do you see a pattern here?).  I love his lineage, the pedigree was very well thought out.  He’s a gorgeous blue roan and he’s already 16.2hh.  I’d be tickled pink if this boy gets to be stakes quality.  I’d love to stand him.  Not so much a steal at $20,500.  So, he’s got some winning to do to earn that back.

Very happy.

We’ve made our fifth and final purchase.

[color=blue]Maybach is a nice sized yearling colt who looks mature enough to begin racing in April. He is by Backseat Driver and out of Peppermint Twist. His name is taken from one of the world’s most luxurious motor cars, the Mercedes-Benz Maybach. His dam is rated as silver and she has a number of stakes winners with her 2-Y-O being a multi-stakes winner. Backseat Driver was a decent 2-Y-O when racing and his first progeny began racing this year with decent results for a small group of six. This colt cost me just $20,500.

[hr][/hr]

In total, Vaucluse Farms spent $49,000 and bought five yearlings, three colts ([color=blue]Aperture, [color=blue]Iblis and [color=blue]Maybach) and two fillies ([color=red]Chloé and [color=red]Idylle). I’m very happy with the purchases and can’t wait to race them throughout next year as they mature more. I’ve gone from just two yearlings prior to the auction to seven now which is definately something to be happy about.

And, as just a useless piece of information really, Vaucluse Farms was the first stable of this auction to purchase the limit of five horses!

After quite the intensive wait, Dragonsden Stables finally got their first colt, tentatively named Kobal, previously Unnamed. He’s out of Aclearchoice (B) by NCh. Fleet Street (S) and is 1/2 to SP All Awhirl, Dark Choice, and Slews Choice. We bought him for 4000 and as long as he runs ok, we’re happy. We’re still fighting for four more right now though :slight_smile: We’ll see how that pans out, lol.

Snowbird has added two more to our purchases!

[color=red]Blues Baby is a 15.1hh grey yearling filly, looking mature enough to begin racing come 2yo season. Her sire, My Lucky Day, is a MSW and millionaire rated Silver and her dam is Silver rated Rhythm n’ Blues (Jazz King). She is half to MSW Lacking Sense who is a distance steeplechase runner. Snowbird picked up Blues Baby for $31,000.

Our second filly is [color=red]Walk the Line, a small 14.2hh liver chestnut yearling filly by Cross Roads out of A Fine Red Line (All Three Power). Cross Roads was our main reason for trying to get this filly. He’s a well known sire and highly proven in the racing industry with over a third of his foals being winners. Walk the Line is half to MSW Red Smoke, so we’re really hoping the talent from both sides will make her a great runner. Snowbird picked up Walk the Line for $15,500.

My first purchase is a nice filly [color=red]Act of Faith. She’s by silver rated Chef-de-race stallion Affirmed and out of silver rated Opening Act. She’s 1/2 to MSW GCH Stagehand, SW Never Knock and 3 other stakes placed horses. With the loss of some of our famous sires this coming breeding season, I am really happy to have a foal by Affirmed, specially glad to have a filly :slight_smile: She wasn’t much of a deal , but I’m glad to have her.

Next we have [color=red]My Vixen. Again by a famous Stallion, this time Omaha who is silver rated. She is out of My Babu(By Planet Hollywood). My Babu’s first foal to race is already a stakes winner. Not a bad deal at about $25,000.

Hopefully these two little fillies will be runners to be proud of, but they always have the extra added bonus of breeding in a few years.

Got one more I’m trying to snag, Only time will tell.

One more I’m trying to get, we’ll see how that goes

Ivy Creek won our 5th and final foal last night:

Formerly named A Que Hora, she’s a flashy blue roan with (again, my favorite:) a bald face.  She, too, is already standing at 13.1hh.  Another gamble, she’s of created lines…but I think she’s a cutie regardless.  I’m thrilled to get her to add some color to our weanling crop.  We decided to rename her [color=red]Hello Goodbye.

In the end, Ivy Creek left with 5 fillies - 2 yearlings ([color=red]High Drama and [color=red]Song Of Singapore) and 3 weanlings ([color=red]Alyglamour, [color=red]Hello Goodbye, and [color=red]Twirlaway).  We spent a total of $43,000, but we won our must-haves.  To boot, I got daughters of 2 of the 3 stallions I’ve been craving since joining (Alydar (S) and Whirlaway (S) - now I just need a Sunday Silence daughter to round it out!)  I am very, VERY happy with the results of this auction.  ;D

I got lucky and brought home 5 beautiful foals for under $50,000.

One of the first babies I snagged was the yearling [color=blue]French Ruby.  He’s a little guy standing at only 14.3 but he was a June baby so he has time to mature. He’s by silver rated Lit de Justice and out of silver rated Ch. Ruby Slippers. He’s a 1/2 sibbling to a SW and SP. Hopefully he’ll have a growth spurt and be ready to race next season.

The second foal I came home with was the yearling [color=blue]Stand and Fight (previously Hardly Diplomatic). He’s by silver rated NCh. Diplomat and out of silver rated Last Challenge. He stands at a solid 15.2 and should be ready to go next year. He’s a 1/2 sibling to a MSW. I’ve been wanting a Diplomat baby and I’m super excited for his 2 y/o season!

My third foal was the yearling [color=red]Fleet Emerald. I bought her just for her name which I love  :smiley: She’s gonna be a big girl already standing an impressive 16.1 hands. She’s by silver rated NCh. Fleet Street and out of Green Mountain. She’s a 1/2 sibbling to two stakes winners. Can’t wait for her 2 y/o season!

My fourth foal is the yearling [color=red]December Lights (previously Show Me Some). She’s a 15.1 filly by silver rated NCh. Boldness Shows and out of silver rated I’m Awesome.

My last foal was the only weanling I brought home, [color=red]Rose Dust. She’s a beautiful bright red 13.3 chestnut filly. She’s by silver rated Lonesome Glory and out of Miracle Maker. I’m hoping for a nice steeplechase prospect out of her.

Sorrelleaf Stables spent $3000 on 3 weanlings.

[color=blue]Its Just Luck is by GCh. Harvard Bound, out of Make Me Lucky. Most of his half siblings are winners, many are Stakes Placers. He’s a handsome bay, with 3 coronets, one ermine, a star and a snip. He’s 13hh, growing from 12.3hh last night. He will most likely mature to about 16hh.

[color=red]Highland Aloria is by NCh. Highland Wizard out of Out and About. She’s lovely mahogany bay, with two ermines and two socks, and a connected star-strip-snip. She’s 12.3hh, most likely maturing to about 16.2hh.

[color=red]Trasformazione, formerly Cuasi Casa, is by Almost Home out of Juno’s Swan. She’s a chestnut, with two ermines, a star and a snip. She’s 12.3hh, most likely maturing to about 16hh.

I have hopes for these guys in two years’ time. They’re the only horses I actually own, so they better do well. xD

Im pretty pleased with my babies purchased, all 3  are black ,2 colts and 1 filly, had to add some more black horses to my stable. lol

With a total purchase price for all 3= $41,500

[color=blue]Kamenwati (egyptian name meaning , Dark Rebel)Colt Black;Blaze, RF Sock, LF Coronet, RH Ermine, LH Ermine
(was unammed) 2011  Weanling /Height:13.0h by=NCh. Slew O’Scots  oo-Pharaoh’s Spirit   

[color=red]1/2 Siblings --Gallavant, Ninniku, Ch. Pharaoh’s Pride, Ramesses

got him for $25,000 ,prob would have been less but my browser acted up and i upped my own bid, lol
I noticed him as i bought his dam during the select auction earlier this year.

[color=blue]Pride o’Scotland changed to
Scottish Pride Colt–Black/Markings:Stripe

2010  Yearling/Height:15.1h  by–ICh. Highland Pride  00- Secret Fleet 
cost me a meager $15,500

[color=red]1/2 Siblings Across the Stars, Assassin, Maximus, Night Vision, Northern Fleet
[color=red]Sire/BM Sire NCh. Fleet Pride

and lil filly to round out the group

[color=purple]Street Darling changed to Nitemareon Elm St (her name may change due to a similar one)
Black  Markings:Blaze, RF Sock, LF Sock, RH Sock, LH Coronet

2011  Weanling/Height:13.1h  by–GCh. Street Wise  00-- Darling Evil 
a real steal at  $1,000

[color=red]1/2 Siblings  Ch. Dream Evil, Evil Omen, Resident Debate, What A Darling
[color=red]Sire/BM Sire Raggedy Ann

Skyclad’s gotten two foalies so far this auction…a surprisingly good amount, seeing as how I’d fogotten the auction was this weekend. :slight_smile:

First we got an unnamed weanling filly by MSW No Duplicate (S) by Move Boldly (S). She’s a half to MSW Debatable Move, so we’re hoping she’s got some spunk in her on the track. She’s been renamed to [color=red]Yoshimi.

The other foal we got was a weanling colt by NCh. Hope to Succeed, out of Gini Go Go. Both are silver rated, and Hope to Succeed is a MSW, so we’re hoping this big boy (he’s 14.2 hands already!) will show some promise once he hits the track. Previously named Dreamin of Success, he’s been renamed to [color=blue]Teddy Picker.