Horse pictures

Perhaps something like this for stallions: escykane.deviantart.com/gallery/ … 2#/d46egys (though I don’t know if the author’s OK with SIM use)

And foals: istasharrasi.deviantart.com/art/ … cale&qo=29

So you have a different file for each leg? Or each two legs? I think that maybe it would be good to first make all solid colours and then the markings for each two legs… and the head. Which can be a half profile, rather than a front view maybe.
Recently I just had that thought that TB’s still can be very different in conformation, despite the fact that their genotype is not very varied (compared to other breeds). They have very little genetic differences in population, like a Boxer in dog breeds.
Like on Barbara Livingston’s photos of Belmont Stakes contenders:
drf.com/blogs/2012-belmont-s … contenders
For example, Paynter with his very little head, Unstoppable U with a stocky body and head… maybe My Adonis is most similar to my picture. Although I didn’t use him as a reference :wink:

Anyway, I changed some details in his body and the grass, and now something more like a red chestnut perhaps:

I’d love to see such horse in real  :smiley:

Sent you a PM. :slight_smile:

Shanthi, maybe you could commission something by Escy if you like their stuff.  Explain our needs and see if she’d be willing to work with you.

I’d be willing to consider it, but as pictures are sort of an “optional” part of the game, I don’t know that I’d want to spend much (or any) money on getting them made - especially as there would need to be so many different options to cover different base colours/markings/genders/etc.

I volunteer to color in any you decide to use , I’m sure I could create some pretty horses with my sons tablet! :slight_smile:
The foal one is so cute!

Here comes another red chestnut! This time he doesn’t have markings, but his body changed a little, I don’t know if his coat colour is as natural as previously :slight_smile:

Looks nice. :slight_smile: I would probably call that a golden chestnut, though I don’t know if that’s an “official” term.

Ok, a silly question :wink: what’s the difference between coronet and ermine? Is it that coronet is a white “ring” and ermine is with black spots?

And I forgot to add the grass! But now I’m thinking of something else for the “ground”.

Yep. Though ermines are not necessarily black, I don’t think.

Looks good, though. =)

No, they’re just the base coat colour (whatever that is).

Ermine (with the color spots) is normally a homozygous tobiano thing. Coronet would probably be the correct term for the non tobiano marking. :slight_smile:

Long time without new horse pictures, but here I have the stallion and the mare together. They are both bay, although slightly different shade. What do you think?

I like them. :slight_smile: They look a little extra-shiny (especially the mare) with the shading, though. Not a dealbreaker, just “wow, that horse is glowy”. :wink:

Indeed, they had a good bath before taking pictures  :smiley:

All colours that I have done so far :wink: (the image links to larger picture):

I’m still fighting the mysterious “glow”… the red chestnut has too much, because it’s one of the first pictures. Dark bay and brown are very confusing! Hard to tell the difference between them (sometimes it’s only the muzzle and other “soft” areas).

So pretty! :slight_smile: