Horse Images?

Ignoring the fact that some of the horse markings/images are broken (blazes on legs, etc), what do you think of them?

Do you care about them? Do you like having “unique” images for each horse (i.e. 2 bay horses with 3 socks won’t necessarily look identical)? What would you like to see changed about them?

For the rewrite, I would like to update images, but only if it’s worth my time. I would like to:

• have less old-school looking images (the horse body looks old/pixelated, and the head shot is literally a scan of a coggins form :wink:)
  • possibly have foal images ('cause hey, babies are cute)
  • possibly have color changes ('cause a grey horse starts out some other color)

I’m not a graphics person, though, so any/all of this would take forever. So, I ask FF at large, what’s your opinion on the current images/future image ideas?

(This would be super low priority compared to, say, fixing current issues like race margins and breeding snafus, obviously.)

If updating the images won’t kill you I’d say go for it. I like having visuals next to the horse’s name - makes for some cool scenarios in my head.

This is, of course, after you fix other more immediate problems first, :wink:

I’d much prefer you to concentrate on the functional aspects of fixing FF. 

That being said, your suggestions sound awesome and I’d love to see them come to be.  But I wouldn’t be upset if you just fixed the current bug that gives them blazes on their feet. :wink:

Cat just said exactly what I wanted to say. :slight_smile:

It would be super awesome to see the babies literally grow! I love all the ideas and hope to see them in the future. :slight_smile:  Maybe FF will get lucky in the future and stumble across a graphics person.

I am, no worries. Creating new images is pretty easy, though, and a decent way to pass the time (as in, I can create a new marking in 5 minutes whereas rewriting a new section of code would probably take an hour). If people didn’t really care about images, though, I’d just go read a book for 5 minutes instead. :wink: (Especially since I’d probably need 100+ chunks of 5 minutes, which adds up!)

i think it would be cool to see the babies grow up ,but like you said the racing stuff comes first, for some reason when i look at the race results all i get it my horses name place and post position , i can never see the whole race run, how and where they were etc, is it just me? im using foxfire and even with my new pc running windows 7 its the same.

Honestly I don’t care about the pictures. I think they look fine as they are. As you said Shanthi, there are much more important things I’d prefer be worked on.

No it’s the same for me, I never bothered to report it because I thought it was a bug that would affect everybody. and its something that I expected to be low priority anyway.
Not meant as a “me too” post, just answering a question.

I like the horse pics as they are now, though I love the idea of having foal pics too, and yearling pics. That’d be neat.

All sounds good and I may be able to get in touch with horse graphic person…if intrested…however I am just happy to be on this wonderful game!

I would love to see this added in the future! Especially having babies change colors. I just had a grey foal and thought to myself just today that in real life, it wouldn’t be grey already. I am all for more modern images, too. (Whenever I show my friends my horses, they snicker at the old school pictures and I tell them to not laugh at my ponies. XD)

People have already stated what I generally would: new, more updated photos would be fabulous, but definitely are not a must.  :slight_smile:

But I just wanted to add a bit more…  I’m not that worried about whether the stripe looks different from one horse to another, but if it happened, it would definitely be cool.

And I don’t know if you’d be interested or not, but I’d be willing to donate any/all of my images to the cause.  :slight_smile:  Or I could create some new ones as needed.

I just wanted to say that would be super cool if your foal and broodmare pictures were used Ivycreek :slight_smile:

For myself, I think “better” graphics would be wonderful, but I’m much more interested in something like a more thorough Jockey’s Comments system (like being able to specify whether you’d like the jockey’s input on temperament, equipment, or favorite running position). Something like this might definitely be fun in the future, though!  :wink:

I get the same…but from family as well! I love my ponies! ;D