Help with auctions/missing button?

Hi all,

I’m new (well long time absent, returning kind of new). I need some quick veteran help as I am banging my head against the wall and feel like I am missing something simple and obvious:

I can’t seem to be able to bid in auctions - either of the currently active auctions and it appears the area where the button should be has the table contracted. This might be because I’m new or I might just be missing something obvious. I’m on win10 and tried chrome, explorer and firefox. Same issue presents on my phone as well.
I thought the bid button showed up over to the right in the listings page similar to where the lease or buy button would be…is this not the case?

see below for a visual example

Thanks for your help! TJ

You’re correct, there should definitely be a Bid button to the far right of the auction page. Hopefully @Shanthi can help with this bug.

1 Like

Correct. If you’re not seeing the bid options on the far right side, that’s definitely a bug.

Thanks!

Perhaps a newbie issue, hopefully Shanthi can fix.

Hm…probably best to try logging out of the forum and logging back in. The reason there’s no bid button is that it thinks you’re not logged in.

You may also need to clear your cookies. :slight_smile:

Soooo very strange. I have the option to buy and to lease but it doesnt show me the option to bid.

I’ve cleared caches and cookies for Edge, Firefox and Chrome for 3 devices and it all comes back the same.

I hard reinstalled firefox on all 3 devices. Nothing.

I’ll have to look into this more though it is odd that its doing this across all 3 devices as well (2 surface pros and a phone).

Thanks,
TJ

@Shanthi We’re at a loss here at my house as to what might be wrong on my end. Can I get you ot poke around a bit when you have a chance.

I get the button to buy and lease horses (see below) but I sill can’t bid on 1 desktop (win 10), 1 laptop (win 11), 2 surface pros (both win 10) and my phone.

I’ve tried chrome on both my,my wife’s and my son’s google account. I’ve also tried edge and safari.

I’ve tried on both home wifi and from a hotel some 300 miles away and then cellular data only as well.

I’ve cleared caches and cookies on all and tried again. It’s not working. In the header in the auction area, the scripting seems to think I’m logged in as it gives me the option to log out…so not sure there.

Everything that I can find online suggests that if it was my end of stuff it would work by using stuff that had no trace to me or after clearing caches and cookies. I’m not sure what else to try.

OK, this was fun to debug. :imp:

It should be fixed now, there was a typo in your database record (probably because I set it up manually).

Thanks so much! It clearly works now.