Hello :)

Hey my name is Danielle and I’m from England :slight_smile: Call me what you want so long as i understand ^^ I haven’t got any pets or horses in real life but wanting a pet has been a dream of mine  8) I got told about this site from a friend and thought it looked really interesting and well didn’t have the time before…but now here i am :slight_smile: and i hope i like this site, because it looks fantastic!!!

PS. I’d love to get to know some of you guys :slight_smile: I don’t bite,…but love to talk  :smiley:

Welcome to Final Furlong! :slight_smile:

Hi Danielle and welcome to Final Furlong. I am in two other online Racing games and this is by far the best of them all.

I have a 20 Year old daughter who was born in England (Dartford, Kent, to be exact) and coincidentally, her name is Danielle. I also have a 27 year old step-daughter who was born in Jamaica and a son who turned 18 today who was born in Orlando, Florida. I was born in Jamaica and my wife was born in North Wales, so, as you can see, we are a truly international family.

My father and grandfather used to own race horses in Jamaica many years ago (their last horse ran in the 80’s). One of their horses won the 1954 Jamaica Derby and St. Leger. I have been interested in horse racing since my early teens (40+ years ago) but have never personally owned any (maybe one day). We have two dogs, Bronwen, a 3 year old Border Collie and Dakota, a 1 1/2 year old Retriever Mix, both female.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy FF as much as I have. In the year+ that I have been in FF, it has given me a lot of pleasure and is probably the closest I will ever come to actually owning racehorses.

BTW - One way to earn extra money in this game is to try your hand at handicapping (check out the Weekly Picks/Handicapping thread on the Forum). You try and predict the first three home in each race, in order, and earn “money” based on how close your picks come to the actual results. I have been doing it for nearly a year and average between $40,000 & $45,000 each month.

Another thing I have done is look at the horses for sale and go for something inexpensive (<$20,000) that has been consistently in the money but hasn’t necessarily won many races. I remember reading a recommendation somewhere, either in this Forum or in one of the other games I’m in, to only look at horses that have a 1-2-3 strike rate of 33%+. By smart placing and by not shooting for the moon too early, I have built up my stables from my two Starter horses to 40 racehorses plus 15 non-racers (one stallion plus a bunch of broodmares and a few yearlings and weanlings) and currently have a 49% strike rate (1-2-3-4).

Anyway, whatever strategy you use, I hope it is successful and that your horses win lots of races (unless they are running against any of my horses ;D!!!)

Thank you very much!