Gunningdownromance Is Gone

Sadly we lost our beautiful boy ICh. Gunningdownromance yesterday morning. At morning check He was found in his personal paddock next to the lone oak tree. From a distance he looked to be holding his right hind leg off the ground and something didn’t seem right. I walked up to see how he was and as I got closer it was plain to see it was broke. I called for a couple of the stable hands to help me bring him in to the barn as I called the vet.

Once the vet arrived he took one look and said this does not look good so prepare yourself. Sure enough he had somehow shattered his right hind hock. With the help of the stable hands and the vet. We took Gunney back to his tree. There we laid him down and with his head on my lap with tears streaming down my face I let him know how much he was loved as he slipped away.

Gunney was buried under his oak tree last night and a small plaque ordered to put on the site.

ICh. Gunningdownromance
2007 Chestnut Stallion, Multiple stakes winner, Multi-millionaire
What’s It Worth (P/S) x Seek For Love (P/) - Created

Gunney won almost $11 million on the track, with stakes wins on dirt and turf to his credit. He won such races as the Futurity Stakes, Champagne Stakes, Kentucky Derby, Belmont Stakes, Travers Stakes, Florida Derby, Woodward Stakes and the Breeders’ Cup Classic (twice). His foals began racing in 2013.

Quick Stats:
Major bloodlines: What’s It Worth
Breed Ranking: Silver (3.9)
12 foal crops 290 foals
Winners from Racers: 68%
Stakes winners from Racers: 64% (17% MSW)
Average Foal Earnings: $142,842
Major winners: Aficionado, Ghost Hunter, Killer Queen, Gunningdownlove, Ghost Hunter, Glorious Romance, Result of Romance, National Dream, Pistolwhip, Secret Romance, Crazy Cat Lady, Stage Romance, What Is Love, It’s Not You, Thespywholovedme, Laugh At Love, Ariel, Dissenting Opinion, The Red Romance, Worth The Fight

RIP Gunney you are already missed.

So sorry to hear about Gunney. May he rest in peace.

Really sorry to hear about this.

Oh no, poor Gunney. :frowning: He will be missed.

So sorry to hear this :frowning: he will be greatly missed.

Sorry to hear this.

Noooo!!! So sad to hear this!

So sad to hear of his passing! We have one daughter of his in the broodmare herd. Here’s to hoping for wonderful foals.

:frowning: I seem to hoard Gunny foals so I’m sad to see him gone. So sorry.

What a shame. I’m so sorry for your loss.

Poor guy, sorry for your loss :frowning: