Grad Write-Up

So I have to have a grad write up in by November 10. I am wanting to just put in a quote of some sort, but i dont know what to put… Any ideas? it has to be 40 words or less.

grad… for high school?  college? graduate school?  What’s the purpose and what are you trying to say in your paper?  Some more details, and I’m sure you’ll get more quotes than you can shake a stick at.

hmmm. well its for high school…  Its going to be beside each of our pictures, i guess i’ll have to think a bit more about what I would like to say, as of right now I havent got a clue!

Oooh, we called those senior ads.  I forget what mine says, some cheesy quote my mom picked out I think.  She said if she was paying for it she got to decide what it said.  Might be something like “There are two things our parents give us, one is roots and the other is wings” but I think I campaigned for a Dr. Seuss quote so that might’ve won, but if it did I don’t remember what it was :slight_smile:.

I think mine was, “You can only see once you take off those rose-colored glasses.”

My sister’s was the DMB lyric, “Hey reckless mind, don’t throw away your playful beginnings.”

I knew one guy, who had dated this girl for 2 or so years, and so submitted his quote in September/October, which said, “I love you, .”  Unfortunately, sometime during the course of the year, they broke up.  How awkward is that?

I’m not sure if this is dating me, “Don’t forget the sunscreen.”
Everyone’s Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

are you thinking of:

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t care

I like that one, but can’t use it, my brother used it last year… I’m open to parts of lyrics too, I’ll have to listen extra careful to my ipod and see if i find some good ones!

ok so Ive found 4 that I like so far:

“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” - Confucius

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Don’t be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated, you can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.” - David Lloyd George

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.” - Dr. Seuss

so far I like the second and first ones best. ill keep looking though, but what do you guys think?