Gotapa Racing 2025 Foals

All these babies are bred by other barns, but these pregnant mama’s now call Gotapa home and I couldn’t be more excited to welcome these foals! Naming is such fun (I spend way too much time on it haha)!

DICE WITH DEATH
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Taromina (B) - WCh. King David (S)
Bred by Blackhawk Ridge

9.3h black colt

Taromina will visit Space Chips for her 2026 foal.

LOOKS LIKE MAGIC
NCh. Crafty Magic (B) x Bodacious Miss - Rahy (B)
Bred by Sakura Springs

9h brown filly

Bodacious miss will visit Final Scene next.

PUFFIN
ICh. Starling (S) x Blue Roses - Blue Ensign (S)
Bred by Blackhawk Ridge

9h bay filly

Blue Roses has a date planned with Exit Poll.

5 Likes

Congrats on the healthy Venture colt.

I LOVE the name Puffin :laughing: .

Kinda jealous I didn’t name a babe Puffin now. Excellent choice.

Puffin is adorable!

Congrats on the healthy foals! Like everyone else I love the name Puffin! Might be biased though because that’s my cat’s name :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks everyone! Puffin is a great cat name Jacquie! I’d never even have thought of it if I wasn’t googling bird names haha.

We welcomed yet another filly today. Quite surprised her name wasn’t taken yet!

UNNAMED
WCh. Express Yourself (G) x Tantalizing (B) - Created
Bred by AllegroThoroughbreds
9.1h dark bay filly

Update: it has become clear that she belongs to AllegroThoroughbreds - best of luck with her!

3 Likes

Not to be a party pooper, but I believe Tantalizing was bred on lease and was still in foal when sold. I think this foal may actually belong to its breeder, unless I’m misunderstanding how it all works.

1 Like

Oh, I have no idea. Obviously not trying to steal a foal so if someone can enlighten me about the rules I’d be happy to adhere to them. Do I just wait for the rightful owner to contact me?

I’m pretty sure Tantalizing was already not in lease (or at least not stated on her main page, I might not have checked her sales history) when I bought her in Feb and this foal is born on its due date and is automatically assigned ownership to Gotapa, so it’s kinda confusing to me. It’s a good lesson to pay close attention to the horses I buy next time.

Unfortunately I believe Leah is right and the foal should be with @AllegroThroughbreds, who leased the mare March 2024 - March 2025 and likely bred the mare last spring.

Also tagging @Shanthi if this is a bug (side note for Shanthi: any mares I leased last year delivered their foals to the appropriate owner, but the mares leased out/I leased were not sold while in foal, however).

1 Like

Shanthi will have to confirm that but I believe that, if you buy a mare in foal, when the foal is born, it belongs to you, not the previous owner.

In the past I seem to remember having seen stables offer an in-foal mare for sale but stated that they wanted the foal when it was born but what is more usual is that a stable will announce that they will be selling some of their mares but not until after they have foaled.

This is true, but as the mare was bred on a lease the foal should go to the leaser, not the new owner.

This is my understanding too, foal should go to the stable that leased the mare and bred her.

I only brought it up/noticed the problem because I was the one who sold Tantalizing. I had mentioned in my auction post beforehand that she had been bred on lease and not by me so the foal should go to the breeder, but maybe I should have put that in her notes instead of just on the forum. That was my fault. Honestly I probably shouldn’t have sold her till this year when she foaled, as I have had this problem with horses I have bred on lease who have then been sold by their owners, but I was hoping the issue had been resolved since it’s been a year or two since I’ve noticed the bug.

1 Like

Unfortunately @Firefly is correct. Tantalizing was leased from March 2024-March 2025 and the foal was bred on May 2, 2024. I’m not sure what happened to make you the owner (it should have recognised at time of sale that the foal’s breeder was not the same as the mare’s current owner, and not transferred ownership with the mare).

TL/DR: whoever pays for the breeding gets the foal, unless the mare is sold in-vitro and not on a lease (in which case the foal’s ownership transfers to the new owner of the mare).

I’ve updated the foal’s owner to be @AllegroThroughbreds.

1 Like

No worries, I paid 1k for Tantalizing so at least my error didn’t cost me too much money. Thanks all for teaching me something new about the game - I will for sure be checking lease statusses for pregnant mares I buy from now on!

I’ll just hold on to the name and maybe use it for another foal.

2 Likes

Thank you Shanthi!

We welcomed another colt today!

AUTOBIOGRAPHY
WCh. Express Yourself (G) x Chase Me Home - Almost Home (S)
Bred by Black Storm West
9.2h bay colt

6 Likes

Surprised the name wasn’t taken. Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks, I was pretty surprised too!

Unbelievably, our little stable welcomed another foal today - with just 6 foals total I was not expecting these two being born so close to each other:

LOIRET
WCh. Sponsored (B) x Joan Of Arc (B) - Lonesome Glory (S)
Bred by Starfish Stables
8.3h bay filly

I had so much fun brushing up on my history while looking for a name for this filly. In the end, I went with Loiret - the department of France that was the scene for all (I think) battles that Joan of Arc led, including the famous Siege of Orleans.

Joan of Arc will visit Tense Imagination next!

5 Likes

Cute filly.