Goodbye Mr. Spock

Star Trek fans the world over are today mourning the passing of our beloved Mr. Spock. Leonard Nimoy passed away today at the age of 83 from end-stage COPD.

As a huge Star Trek fan from the beginning, I always considered Spock to be the best of all the Original Cast and he was always my favorite. I once asked Myles, The Grey Stable, how much he would want for his [color=blue]Spock, but he wouldn’t sell (changed your mind yet, Myles??? LOL).

I have just changed the name of one of our yearlings to “[color=blue]Dif-tor Heh Smusma”, which is a Vulcan phrase from which we get the saying “Live Long & Prosper” (we already have a 4yo called “[color=blue]LiveLong&Prosper”).

Leonard Nimoy certainly did Live Long and Prospered and definitely enriched the viewing lives of millions of Sci-Fi (and non-Sci-Fi fans) with his absolute logic and emotionless facial expressions. I will always remember the end of The Wrath of Khan when he tells Kirk “The needs of the many outweigh (Kirk finished the line: ‘the needs of the few’). Or the one.”

RIP Leonard Nimoy. Your memory will always Live Long in our hearts.

Yes a Legend has passed from this world, but his worldly suffering is over. Good-bye Mr. Spock We will always love you…

Very Sad day indeed… and unlike the real Mr. Spock who couldn’t be bought… the one I have can be…