Generous Foals 2019

A perfect start to 2019 with the safe arrival of a healthy colt today. He wasn’t due until the 5th so a little surprised to see him but very glad mum kept her legs crossed until today. This is the first time we’ve had a foal born on New Year’s Day.

[color=blue]Let’s Celebrate
8.h bay colt by Ring of Fire out of Ch User Friendly (What’s Debatable). First foal for his SW, SP dam. Bred on the same cross as ICh First Born Son. Mum will be bred to Demand The Best next.

Hope everyone has a very happy and successful foaling season :slight_smile:

Nice name :slight_smile: yay for healthy babies!

Congrats on a healthy ROF colt, love the name. :slight_smile:

Congratulations.

A new face at morning check today, a couple of days overdue but mum and baby seem very well.

[color=red]Golden Elegance
Golden Text x Impulse Drive (Highland Wizard)
8.2h chestnut filly. Second foal (and filly) for MSP dam who is half to ICh Sponsored. Line bred to both AP Indy and Seattle Slew - an oversight rather than planned but we’ll see how she does.

Lovely filly.

(High On Love was accidental inbreeding to a rather major extent. :wink:)

Thank you. Hopefully she’ll have some basic ability at least!

We were expecting a quiet week or two with no mares due until the 30th but a couple of new mums couldn’t wait any longer and foaled today. Both were due early February but everyone is happy and healthy.

[color=red]Black Opal
Blue Smoke x Ch Dark Topaz (Dark Continent)
8h black filly. First foal for MSW, MSP dam. She’s named after a gemstone to link with mum. Dam is half to MSW St Patrick’s Day. She visits Mantle of Power next.

[color=red]Here Comes Trouble
Foolhardy x NCh Go Go Dancer (Gotta Go)
8.2h bay filly. First foal for MSW, MSP dam, kindly leased from Marshall Creek. Probably one of our most anticipated babies, chuffed to bits to get a filly from this cross. Mum was a wonderful racer and is a half sister to GCh High On Love, GCh Highland Surprise and gold-ranked broodmare, Oryx. We have high hopes for this little lady.

Nice fillies. :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Pretty Girls! Love the names.

If Here Comes Trouble ever gets horsenapped, please don’t check Ivy Creek! :wink:
She’s so lovely!

Thank you both :slight_smile:

I’ll watch out for horsenappers!

Nice group of babies. LOL we should get Le’s Celebrate and I’m Here To Party together :wink:

Arrived a few days early but a healthy baby overnight.

[color=red]Queen of Egypt
Magic Glory x Ch Isetnofret (Akhetnaten)
9.1h bay filly. 5th foal for MSP dam. Eldest sibling is stakes placed, other siblings currently unraced. Dam visits Ring of Fire next.

Two healthy colts today.

[color=blue]The Iron Throne
Mantle of Power x Ch Sunset Crown (Red Sunset)
8.3h black colt. 4th foal (and colt) for this MSW, MSP mare. 3yo yet to race but her 2yo should start this year. She visits Lasting Spirit next with everything crossed for a filly!

[color=blue]Sir Jellybean
Mr Townsend x Poltergeist (My Lucky Day)
8h bay colt. 6th foal, half to MSW, MSP Dior. Name is a name generator special. Poltergeist now visits Blue Smoke.

Lovely foals - and the name generator came up with a good one - love it!

I hope Sir Jellybean goes to stud!

We’ve now got several overdue girls so quite happy to see at least one of them foal today. Not sure about the name - trying to keep with a ‘laughter’ theme so any suggestions welcome.

[color=blue]Chortle
Frankel x Ch Comedienne (Giant’s Causeway)
9.1h liver chestnut colt. Third foal for SW, MSP dam. 2yo filly Got The Giggles likely to debut this year. Dam won a grade 1 as a 2yo. She now visits Pay The Boatman.

I like Chortle, Chuckle might work too. So may humour verbs - Snigger, Snicker, Snort, Bust A Gut, etc. :wink: