Generous Bloodstock 2018 foals

One more to report.

[color=blue]Running Wild
Dark Demand x My Little Runaway (Run For It)
8.3h black colt. 2nd foal for MSW, MSP dam. From the family of What’s Your Point and Witness. Dam will be line bred to WYP.

Nice name!

Thanks Hilda :slight_smile:

Lost a foal overnight :frowning:

Sadly, Monty Python’s colt by Sea The Stars was stillborn after a difficult foaling. Mum is fortunately ok. She’s currently consigned to our auction but may well be scratched and sent back to STS for another try.

Still waiting on one overdue made then nothing expected until early March. Currently have 18 foals on the ground, split evenly between colts and fillies and another 39 to go.

Sorry about your foal. :frowning:

Seems like there are a lot of stillborns this year! Sorry about the baby.

Ouch. I’m sorry for your loss.

As posted earlier, we sadly lost a mare during foaling today. However, baby is doing well despite a rather traumatic start to life.

[color=blue]Bletchley Park
Frankel x Rosebud (G)
10h dark bay colt. 11th and final foal for his unraced dam. He has big hooves to fill, being a half-brother to ICh What’s Your Point, already gold ranked in the stud barn himself with a stud qualified son. His other half-siblings all winners aside from the unraced 2yo filly. Several are stakes level performers.

I couldn’t think of anything rose related that didn’t sound feminine so he is named after the UK’s main decryption establishment during WW2 were agents cracked the German enigma code, a major contribution in helping the Allied Forces win the war. The site now operates as a museum.

Had a rethink on the latest colt’s name. He has been renamed after a novel/memoir set in the Gloucestershire countryside post WW1 - Cider With Rosie.

First of the March babies  :slight_smile:

[color=blue]Illustrious
Magic Glory x Just Danzig (Danzig)
9h bay colt. 5th foal for MSP dam. Eldest half-sibling is SW, MSP Danzintothetop. JD visits Von Lichtenstein next.

Nice name. :slight_smile:

Another safe arrival.

[color=blue]Epitome
Witness x Mollycoddle (Giant’s Causeway)
8.3h liver chestnut colt. 2nd foal for MW, MP dam. Dam was most effective at allowance level over jumps, nothing spectacular but consistently in the money. She visits Sunday Paper next.

After a flurry of colts, we have a filly to report.

[color=red]Timpani
Drum Major x Crowd Pleaser (Black Legend)
9h black filly. 8th foal for MSP, gold-ranked dam. Half to NCh King of Gondor. Dam visits Dr Evil next.

Named after a drum used in orchestras and marching bands, often seen in military bands being carried by the heavy draught horses.

Love the name. :slight_smile:

Another filly overnight.

[color=red]Sea Breeze
Sea The Stars x Bahiana (Jazz It Up)
8.3h bay filly. First foal for MSP dam. Dam carries nice lines, with I’m A Classic as her damsire. She will visit Unabridged next.

Another new arrival overnight.

[color=red]Back Into The Blue
Blue Smoke x NCh Highland Sage (Highland Rogue)
10.2h grey filly. Half to MSW Major’s Insight. Dam kindly leased from Coleman Branch. Named after a line in Finding Nemo.

The colts have just edged the lead, with a new arrival overnight.

[color=blue]Darkness Falls
Candidate x GCh Salem (Wayfaring Minstrel)
9.3h black colt. Third foal, third colt for MSW, MSP dam. From a very strong damline. Not totally sold on the name as yet. Half-brother WitchfinderGeneral debuts this year.

I like the name. :slight_smile:

Another three over the last week or so.

[color=blue]Glens of Antrim
Cryptic Ballad x Glengyle (Highland Bandit)
10h Dark Bay colt. Bred by Marshall Creek. Glengyle has been sent to Tryst of Fate.

[color=red]Zest
Gotta Go x Notoriety (No Duplicate)
9h dark bay filly. Bred by Kindlehope. Dam visits Blue Smoke.

[color=blue]Vintage
What’s Your Point x Kelly’s Classic (I’m A Classic)
9h black colt. Bred by Fox Run. Next date for mum is undecided.