Future Career/Job Shadowing

OK for out Sr. Project in my English class we have to pick a career we want to have. Mine has landed on a tie between two though the second is not so much as what i want but my parent expect. I’ve always wanted to work with horses I love Jumping, Eventing, Dressage, and Racing. I hope that one day I can become a trainer (hopefully for racing, but the other ones are good to.). My other option that my parents expect is Fashion Design. :roll: I admit i would probably be better off doing what my parents expect, but I’m not going to just give up on my dream job. The problem now is finding a Trainer near me that would allow me to shadow them. I’ve been looking all over, and I’ve come to noting but dead ends. I’ve tried everything, I did find a TB Racing Stable, but i have not contacted them yet as they are 2 hours away, and I am currently short a car. I was wondering if anyone knew of any Professional Stable/ Trainers around South East Michigan, Upper Ohio. I’ve been through every source imaginable, and I’m still at a dead end.

Um the only thing i can think of is trying Midwest horse stable directory and you might find a stable with a good training program that will let you shadow a trainer.

Let me just go find the link.

stablesdirectory.org/ocrsd.html

Hope that helps!

You might also try Canter and the other organizations that help Off the Track horses move onto new lives.

There were a few as I recall, that did training themselves.

Can you go to Hawthorne? I know a trainer up there who would help you.

Thanks, and yes i can get to Hawthorne. It’s a 2 hour drive @.@ but it would be worth it, as i’m still at deadends trying to find anything else with in a hours drive ;-;

PM me if you decide to go to Hawthorne and I will call him. :slight_smile: