Foolhardy

It is with great sadness that we have to announce that this magnificent horse died early this morning. When we went to do early morning rounds, his groom found him lying on the ground in his stall. Our stable vet thinks he must have had a heart attack. He was 17 years old.

[color=blue]FFCh. Foolhardy
17.1h Bay stallion by What’s It Worth § (Chef-de-Race) out of Foolish Question § (Reine-de-Course)

As a racehorse, he won 22 out of 77 races, 21 of which were SW, including 12 G1W and finished On-the-Board in 64 of his 77 races. He total earnings were over $10m.
He was an MSW, MSP and a Multi-Millionaire and was a Chef-de-Race (I/C).

As a Stallion, he has Breeding Rankings of Sire: Platinum (9.4) & Broodmare Sire: Bronze (1.5).
126 of his 142 Racers have been Winners, with 60 SW (including 42 MSW) and 26 millionaires. Average Earnings for his progeny is $681,714.
3 of his sons (FFCh. I’m No Fool, NCh. Daredevil Dan & NCh. Pay the Boatman) have already been Retired To Stud, with another 2 (NCh. Phenomenal & GCh. Explosive Motif) Stud Qualified but still racing.

He won 4 Eclipse Awards as a racehorse and was Sire of the Year 4 times, including each of the last three years.
8 of his progeny have gone on to win Eclipse Awards, including 2-time Horse of the Year FFCh. I’m No Fool.

We bought him in 2019 from the Clover Springs Stables dispersal sale and, in the two years that he has been in our stables, he quickly became a favorite of everybody at the stable.

All owners who have paid Stud Fees for this year have had their stud fees returned.

He will be sadly missed.

RIP.

Oh no! So sorry for your loss. :frowning: He was a fabulous sire.

Sad day! So sorry to hear this.

So sorry for your loss!

I’m so very sorry to hear of Foolhardy’s death. He was one of a kind and will be greatly missed, 17 is too young.

Sorry for your loss, Lewis.

I was quite heartbroken when I saw the news. I was always excited to send one mare to him each year. My girl will need to visit someone else’s court this year.

Wishing all his sons great success! The Big Man will be missed.

He was a great stallion!

Sorry to hear this news. Lewis my heart and energy go out to you. He was a magnificent Race Horse and an even greater sire. He will be missed.