First steps

Honestly…I only ever walk my horses (7 days per week) since I primarily focus on getting maximum jockey feedback. It works well for some horses, not as much for others. I know a lot of people have more varied workouts - I’ve bought horses that had a workout closer to what you’ve got. The biggest problem is that each horse gains fitness/energy at different levels. I’d check your horses to see how those two things are affected in the Training Summary to get a feel for whether you need to modify (more or less). For best results, you want your ponies close to A/A for energy/fitness on race days. The walking works well for me because I like to build fitness gradually & learn as much about the horse as I can before racing, but there may be better strategies out there.

Thanks, time will help me better understand these dynamics.
Happy day

A question for choosing the right jockey,
all SC races have jupmps in the track?

Thanks

Yes, SC stands for steeplechase which means it has jumps. In this game, you cannot switch back to flat races once you switch a horse to steeplechasing. To help make a decision whether to switch a flat horse permanently to jumps (or not), there are Jump Trials under Training that allows you to “test” them out and see if they seem to like it.

Since steeplechase races have jumps, they have a different set of jockeys (different skill sets). If your flat runner has a favorite flat jockey, he/she has to get to know a completely different SC jockey once you switch the horse over.

Thank you, you are always so kind.

How should I interpret this comment:

“…could carry more weight in races”

Thanks

I typically ignore that as a “filler” comment. I haven’t seen any relevance, personally.

1 Like

It’s essentially only for handicap races where horses would carry different weights. If a horse is carrying more weight than they can handle they’ll run worse than usual due to fatigue.

1 Like

Thanks

How long should a horse rest between one race and the next?
Thanks

It depends on the horse and the race. Horses regain between 5 and 25 points of energy per day, but they may spend more/less than 100% energy in a race. In theory a horse could bounce back within a few days, but some horses need a month or more between races.

You can keep an eye on their energy grade, when it’s A/B they should be ready to run again.

26/5000

Thank you for your answer