Final Furlong Stallions: 9 to retire, 5 new

I’ve been noticing some of the famous stallions haven’t been getting any outside mares for a while now. Therefore, the following stallions will be retired:

Assault
Citation
Deputy Minister
Foolish Pleasure
Lit de Justice
Native Dancer
Sir Barton
Storm Cat
Strike The Gold

The following new stallions have been added:
Giant’s Causeway
Rahy
Sadler’s Wells
Tiznow
War Chant

Note: I do not plan to add/remove any more stallions until 2011. If you have suggestions for new stallions, feel free to PM me with info on them, but no guarantees on who will get added.

Also note: I make no promises about the accuracy of these horses’ abilities in real life compared to FF. I made a fair amount of guesses based on their race records, and that’ll have to be good enough. :wink:

Ah, bummer. Assault and Citation didn’t seem to be doing that bad…eight or nine mares isn’t a full booking, but it doesn’t seem shabby to me. Ah well. I like Giant’s Causeway, Tiznow, and War Chant, so it’ll be interesting to see how their virtual babies do. :slight_smile:

All of those mares were Final Furlong owned. :wink: The reason they got so many is because they’re early on in the alphabet, so they were quick/easy to breed FF mares to.

Thought I’d throw out some intersting facts on our new stallions… all of which I’m excited about…

Giant’s Causeway
1997-Chestnut
(Storm Cat x Mariah’s Storm (Rahy)

Winnings: 13 Starts: 9 - 4 - 0, $3,078,989

At 2 Won King Of Kings E.B.F. Futurity S. -G3 (IRE), Prix de La Salamandre -G1 (FR)

At 3 Won Gladness S. -G3 (IRE), St. James’ Palace S. -G1 (ENG), Coral-Eclipse S. -G1 (ENG), Champagne Lanson Sussex S. -G1 (ENG), Juddmonte International S. -G1 (ENG), Irish Champion S. -G1 (IRE), 2nd Breeders’ Cup Classic S. -G1, Queen Elizabeth 2nd S. -G1 (ENG), Irish 2000 Guineas -G1 (IRE), 2000 Guineas S. -G1 (ENG).

As A Sire:

? Two classic winners from his first crop.
? Five graded/group runners in his second crop.
? Seven graded/group SWs in two crops.
? North America’s leading 2nd-crop sire by 2005 progeny earnings.
? North America’s leading juvenile sire by 2005 progeny earnings.
? Europe’s leading freshman sire of 2004.
? 17 juvenile winners in 2005–including graded/group winners FIRST SAMURAI (G1, $682,575) and DIAMOND OMI (G2) plus G1-placed =Heatseeker (Ire).
? 8 first-crop SWs–including European classic winners SHAMARDAL (French Two Thousand Guineas, French Derby) and =FOOTSTEPSINTHESAND (GB) (English Two Thousand Guineas), plus classic-placed Mona Lisa (GB).
? Four $1-million-plus sales yearlings in 2005.
? 2005 Saratoga yearling average: $756,250. 2005 Keeneland September average: $420,175.

Rahy
1985-Chestnut
(Blushing Groom x Glorious Song (Halo)

Winnings: 13 Starts: 6 - 4 - 1, $347,767

At 2 Won Bonusprint Sirenia S. (ENG), 2nd Middle Park S. -G1 (ENG), 3rd Rokeby Farms Mill Reef S. -G2 (ENG)
At 4 Won Bel Air Handicap -G2, 2nd Goodwood Handicap -G3, Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap -G3

As A Sire:

Statistical summary for the registered progeny of Rahy:
15 crops
944 foals
14 crops of racing age
897 foals of racing age
67 current 2 year old foals
47 yearlings
0 weanlings

In North America / USA, Australia, Canada, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy,
Japan, UAE, and all other available foreign data:
2 champions
31 graded stakes winners
68 stakes winners
58 stakes placers

Earnings: $65,985,567

Sadlers Wells
1981-Bay
(Northern Dancer xFairy Bridge (Bold Reasoning)

Winnings: 11 Starts: 6 - 4 - 0, $663,423

1st: Beresford S.-Gr.2 (IRE), Derrinstown Stud S.-Gr.2 (IRE), Airlie/Coolmore 2000 Guineas-Gr.1 (IRE), Coral Eclipse S. Gr.1 (ENG), Phoenix Champ. S. Gr.1 (IRE). 2nd: Gladness S. (IRE), Prix Du Jockey Club-Gr.1 (FR), King George V S. Gr.1 (GB)

Raced in England, France, & Ireland. Leading UK Sire by earnings, 1990, 1992-2002.

Tiznow
1997-Bay
(Cee’s Tizzy x Cee’s Song (Seattle Song)

Winnings: 15 Starts: 8 - 4 - 2, $6,427,830

At 3:
Won Breeders’ Cup Classic -G1, Super Derby -G1, Goodwood Breeders’ Cup -G2, Affirmed Handicap -G3
2nd Pacific Classic S. -G1, Swaps S. -G1

At 4:
Won Breeders’ Cup Classic S. -G1, Santa Anita Handicap -G1, San Fernando Breeders’ Cup -G2
2nd Strubb S. -G2
3rd Woodward S. -G1, Goodwood Breeders’ Cup -G2

2000 Eclipse Champion Three Year Old Colt and Horse of the Year.
2001 Champion Older Horse.

As A Sire:

? HORSE OF THE YEAR AND #1 FRESHMAN SIRE
? The DNA of a Champion Sire
? Sire of Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (G1) winner Folklore in his first crop, a Record Breaking 14 length winner of the Grade 1 Matron S. where she posted the highest Beyer of any 2YO filly in 2005
? Other rising stars from his first crop include: Tiztimetokinect, a 19 1/4 length winner at Keeneland; the Bob Baffert-trained Enforcement, who broke his maiden by 4 second time out; Tiz a Fantasy, who broke her maiden first time out by 3 1/4 lengths; and Baur Au Lac who broke his maiden first time out by 2 3/4 lengths at Belmont.
? The only horse in the history of the Breeders’ Cup to win the $4,000,000 Classic twice
? Won the 2000 Breeders’ Cup Classic defeating 6-time Gr. 1 winner Giant’s Causeway and the 2001 Breeders’ Cup Classic defeating Arc winner Sakhee
? Retired sound with career earnings of $6,427,830
? “The best horse I ever rode.” - Hall of Fame Jockey Chris McCarron.
? #1 First-Crop Covering Sire in 2002
? #1 First-Crop Weanling Sire in 2003
? #1 First-Crop Yearling Sire in 2004
? First-Crop Two-Year-Olds sold for up to $1,000,000 at the 2005 Keeneland September Sale, Yearlings sold for up to $725,000

War Chant
1997-Dark Bay
(Danzig x Hollywood Wildcat (Kris S)

Winnings: 7 Starts: 5 - 1 - 0, $1,130,600

At 3 Won Breeders’ Cup Mile -G1, Oak Tree Breeders’ Cup Mile -G2, San Rafael S. -G2, 2nd Santa Anita Derby -G1

As A Sire:

Statistical summary for the registered progeny of War Chant:
4 crops
227 foals
3 crops of racing age
189 foals of racing age
76 current 2 year old foals
38 yearlings
0 weanlings

In North America / USA, Australia, Canada, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy,
Japan, UAE, and all other available foreign data:
0 champions
2 graded stakes winners
7 stakes winners
4 stakes placers

Earnings: $2,211,799

Oh, I see. That would make a difference, yeah. :wink:

And since Dawn brought up Tiznow and his progeny…Personally I think Folklore is such a beautiful filly. I’ve only gotten to see her in action once, during the Breeder’s Cup, but even before she ran it was love at first sight. :wink: I hope I’ll get to see more of her. :smiley:

Hmm… may have to send a mare or two to the new studs. There’s something nifty about being in the first crop. Plus, some of them seem to be quite ornery–exactly the type of horse that I want. YAY for orneriness!

Will these buggers be BC nominated, as they are famous? Or did I misread the memo? Time to go dig in the archives. YAY!

Yeah, I haven’t had a chance to nominate the FF guys yet.

Nicely chosen Shanthi… These guys are definitely what I would consider the cream of the crop; especially the younger ones…props!

-Kerry

Just a quick note, there is a Tiznow daughter running, who was rolled up randomly–Tizher Halo.

Ohh! I just saw this post about the new studs! Now lets see if I can wrangle up another mare to send to at least one of them! :smiley:

lol, u and me both…

Hi Shanthi,

In regard to Cat’s post and Tizher Halo, will you be considering her a foal of Tiznow, or will she be still considered randomly created? I was just curious of how you will handle this. Not a big issue at all. :smiley:

Tom

Well, changing her pedigree listing so that she’s linked to Tiznow won’t make her stats any more Tiznow-like. :stuck_out_tongue: She’s still a randomly generated horse.

But I can change her database listing so that she’s officially linked to Tiznow as a foal.