FF's 2016 Famous Studs

What’s your choice for new FF studs? (Max 2 choices)

• Afleet Alex
  • All American
  • Blame
  • Candy Ride
  • Daaher
  • Dream Ahead
  • Dubawi
  • Empire Maker
  • Leroidesanimeaux
  • Monarchos
  • More Than Ready
  • Ravens Pass
  • Sea The Stars
  • Sir Percy
  • Smarty Jones
  • Starspangledbanner
  • Street Sense

0 voters

So, A.P. Indy was pensioned in April 2011, so he’s now been retired in FF as well.

Last year, we added Invasor and Sun King to the game. We now have 12 famous studs, and I’m willing to add 1-2 more for this season.

Last year, we had the following suggestions for studs. Any others that should be on the list? (Should be no older than 15, ideally no older than 10 so they stay in-game for a while :slight_smile: Also shouldn’t be too closely related to any existing stud in the game)

More Than Ready
(great-grandsire Mr. P)
1997 stallion, Southern Halo x Woodman’s Girl (Woodman)
16-7(6)-4(4)-1(1) $1,005,229
Won: Hutcheson Stakes (G2), King’s Bishop Stakes (G1)
2nd: Louisiana Derby (G2), Blue Grass Stakes (G2), Dwyer Stakes (G2), Vosburgh Stakes (G1)
3rd: Futurity Stakes (G1)

Candy Ride
(no close relatives in the game)
1999 stallion, Ride the Rails x Candy Girl (Candy Stripes)
6-6-0-0 $749,149
Won: Pacific Classic (G1), American Handicap (G2), San Isidro (G1), Anchorena International (G1)

Sea the Stars
(great-grandsires Danzig and Mr. P)
2006 stallion, Cape Cross x Urban Sea (Miswaki)
9-8-0-0

I’ve got one, not sure if he is  famous a stud though;

Sir Percy (ggg-Grandson Northern Dancer)
foaled 2003
Record; 10: 5-1-0
Earnings; ?1,145,29 (not sure what that is in Dollars)
Won; Vintage Stakes (G.2)
Dewhurst Stakes (G.1)
Epsom Derby (G.1)

I also vote for Sea the Stars, he’s fantastic

Sea the Stars would be nice.
More Than Ready has proved to be a nice stallion worldwide.

I’ll set up a poll once we have a complete list, just wanted to see if anyone wanted to add/remove studs from the list already suggested. :slight_smile:

Monarchos? As daddy Maria’s Mon is dead :frowning: Foaled in 1998 and Damsire is Dixieland Band, which brings in Northern Dancer, but hes pretty far back. He won the Kentucky Derby in 1:59 4/5, and is the only horse besides Secretariat to break 2 minutes in the Derby.

I’m not sure if he qualifies (though he is shaping up well), but there’s Afleet Alex, whose closest in-game relation is Mr. P (g-grandsire) with Northern Dancer as gg-grandsire.

2002 Stallion, Northern Afleet x Maggy Hawk (Hawkster)
12:8-2-1 ($2,765,800)
Won: Mountain Valley Stakes, Hopeful Stakes, Sanford Stakes, Arkansas Derby, Preakness Stakes, Belmont Stakes
Placed: Champagne Stakes, Breeders Cup Juvenile
Showed: Kentucky Derby

I also like More than Ready, and Candy Ride. A few I’ll toss in:

Empire Maker (Unbridled x Toussaud, by El Gran Senor)
Great-grandsire Mr. P and Northern Dancer.
born 2000
8 Starts: 4-4-0, $1,985,800
Won: Belmont Stakes (G1), Wood Memorial Stakes (G1), Florida Derby (G1), Remsen Stakes (G2)
2nd: Kentucky Derby (G1), Jim Dandy Stakes (G2), Sham Stakes
His US foals have been doing awesome, and he’s been really popular/kicking butt in Japan.

Daaher (Awesome Again x Irish Cherry, by Irish Open)
I was going to suggest Awesome Again, but he’s getting up there in age. Only in-game relation would be Deputy Minister (grandsire), but he had just 16 foals and only 5 went on to breed.
born 2004
9 Starts: 4-0-2, $455,163
Won: Cigar Mile H. (G1), Jerome H. (G2)
Show: Prince Of Wales S., Stymie H.
Still a newbie sire (oldest crop is now 3), but he’s sired stakes winner Gypsy Robin and multiple winner Castella.

I love Ravens Pass irl, would love to see him included but then Sea The Stars was awesome on the track. I like Empire Maker as well. Too much choice :wink:

I’m partial to Black Tie Affair for personal reasons. So I’m going to throw in my yearly impossible vote to un-geld Evening Attire. Formal Gold is another option, but if I’m going to be unreasonable, figured I might as well go for the whole hog. :wink:

Are we anti-Danehill because of the Danzig connection? What about a Rahy son (e.g. Fantastic Light, Noverre), since he was part of FF for only a couple seasons?

Dream Ahead (Diktat x Land of Dreams). Saddlers’ Wells is a grandsire, though.

Haha, yes, must actually be at stud in real life (somewhere). Hence Indy being retired this year.

Rahy sons could work. I would rather not add more close-up Danzig as we’ve got quite a bit in the game, but if there’s someone super popular, then I’ll go along.

Since Cricket Hill threw out Black Tie Affair/Evening Attire, I’m putting in my bid for Einstein.  I don’t know why, but I always really liked him.  He was a versatile runner and had longevity you don’t see very often, winning two Grade I’s at age 7.  Maybe someday :smiley:

I like Sea of Stars,Ravens Pass, and Smarty Jones. But also under suggestions Fantastic light is a nice one also.
I also like Mr Purple but he was born in 92, not sure he has any sons at stud,which is too bad if not.
MR PURPLE  (USA) dkb/br. H, 1992 DP = 3-2-7-0-0 (12) DI = 2.43   CD = 0.67 - 21 Starts, 6 Wins, 3 Places, 5 Shows Career Earnings: $1,133,538

Even though Empire Maker is an Unbridled son, there are no Unbridled sons that made it to stud status… I’d love to see him in the game…Awesome Again is a personal favorite, so any son of his that would be worthy…

Yeah, I know. We go through this every year. I just want the impossible. :wink:  So, now I’ll cast my vote for zombie Black Tie Affair. One of these years it’s gonna work, right?

On an unrelated note, I’m shocked by the number of big name studs currently that are by Saddlers’ Wells. 

That’s going to make for a lot of inbreeding if people aren’t careful!

I’ve always liked Kitten’s Joy, great-grandsire being Northern Dancer. Also like Afleet Alex, Aragorn & English Channel.

He’s pretty influential alright. The number of mares that the Coolmore stallions covered last year though is phenomenal, especially they’re jumps stallions. Close to 300 for some of them.

Leroidesanimaux

While not incredibly famous, I appreciate the fact that he is pretty much unrelated to a lot of the other horses in the game. He is 12

Major wins
Citation Handicap (2004)
Morvich Handicap (2004)
Inglewood Handicap (2004)
Frank E. Kilroe Mile Handicap (2005)
Fourstardave Handicap (2005)
Woodbine Mile (2005)

Awards
American Champion Male Turf Horse (2005)

http://www.stonewallfarmocala.com/horses/leroidesanimaux-1448.html

I’ve added a poll - think we have enough suggestions to start with. :slight_smile:

I voted for More than Ready and Candy Ride, but I’d also be pulling for Dubawi and Empire Maker!