February Auction

After some serious thinking, and with my herd growing exponentially in a direction I am really liking, I’ve decided to have a bit of a cathartic cleaning. It’s not until the end of February so I have time to twist my arm into consigning more.

Criteria for sale:

• Less chasers. I don’t mind having them, but I’m finding they’re constantly on top of each other for races.
  • Fewer 2yo’s. I am at the stage where I have 70+ foals born each year. Attempting to cut down on 2yo’s and yearlings.
  • Cut down on broodmares. This will be gradual as some mares are carrying foals I would like before selling the mare. More broodmares will be sold next year. (Ultimate goal is <70 mares). Less mares, fewer stud fees to pay and fewer horses to manage + more emphasis on the foals that are born and kept.
  • Cut down on mares of similar lines.
  • Emphasis on campaigning the homebreds.

Auction begins tomorrow and I was able to make myself consign 47 horses! Those with reserves are mostly 5-10k except for Mirror Magic, since she is MSP with Highland Magic/Bold Ruler lines. Auction includes two mares who come in foal, eight yearlings, a pair of 2yo’s, and a number of 3yo-5yo racehorses with a handful SP.

Thanks to everyone who purchased a horse! Just a small handful left, including a multiple speed record-setting mare in foal to the only son of Devil His Due at stud. Those creates can become excellent blue hens. :wink: