Feature: Activating Your Account

So, I probably should have written this up with my last post, but better late than never. :smiley:

In order to activate yourself in the beta, you should follow these steps:
On your stable page, you will have this alert:

If you click the “Go here to try it out” link, you will be redirected to a very ugly/bare-bones page. One of a few things will happen:

• If you’re already activated, you should be redirected automatically to the beta app, where you may or may not be logged in
  • If you haven’t activated, and everything works, you will land on the reset password page, where you can enter your e-mail and get a reset password link sent to you.
  • If you get any of these errors, shoot me a PM so I can investigate:
    • could not find an account to activate…

• something unexpected happened…

• There was a problem with your activation (code 1), please contact Shanthi for help

• There was a problem with your activation (code 2), please contact Shanthi for help

• If you can’t set your password in the beta app for some reason, send me a PM so I can investigate

If you see this message, it means that your accounts are not linked, and while you can log in to the Beta App, you can’t do anything else until they are linked. (You should be able to use the link shown in picture 1 to link up your accounts.)

The link to the beta app should be in the game navigation, but I’ve also just tweaked the stable alerts so that it’s there as well (if you’ve got an active account on there).

I clicked on the link on my stable page and got a blank page that said “could not find an account to activation…”

Did you sort this out? It looks like in the database you are activated.

I’m having a weird thing where I got “password successfully updated,” then I try to login and get “login invalid.”

Having the same log in problem.

Still having the same problem.

Invalid Login or password.

Forgot your password?
Didn’t receive confirmation instructions?
Didn’t receive unlock instructions?

To say I’m a little irritated, is putting it mildly. I’m at my wits end.

Dee

Honestly, you’re not missing anything. :slight_smile: I’m going to sort out logging in (and viewing on smaller devices) before I do any of the sexy stuff.

I’m still getting, “Your account is not activated yet,” after trying to change my password. When I try logging in, I get “Invalid login.”

No, I still haven’t sorted it out. It doesn’t seem to send me an email if I click the confirmation instructions link or forget your password links either.

On a side note, I realized I went straight to login troubleshooting and forgot to say I’m so excited to see you working on a new app. Thank you for all the hard work you do with FF, and I can’t wait to see how this turns out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same I keep getting the message Your account is not activated

Is there something I’m not getting right?

Can’t log in, so I guess I need a password reset email??

https://prod.finalfurlong.org/forgot-password/new

I did the password reset again via your link and I continue to get invalid login/not activated when I try to log in. The site does tell me my password was successfully changed each time I do the reset.

Are you logging in via username or e-mail?

I’ve tried both. If I use my username I get invalid login, if I use my email I get “your account is not activated yet.”

I still have the same problem Shelbir :upside_down_face:

So a workaround is for me to change the password on someone’s account manually, and then they should be able to log in. If you’ve followed the steps above (clicking from main app → beta app and changing your password) and still can’t log in, please PM me and we can do the manual route.

(I think this is because the authentication system assumes you’ll be signing up from scratch and everything will work, but because we’re hooking up existing data it’s getting confused.)

I’m in now😁. The update password email had gone to my junk folder…

1 Like

I also was able to reset my password and get in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So in the…year :scream: …since this was launched, the database accidentally got wiped, which means everyone’s activations are gone. Sorry! You’ll have to re-activate to get back into the beta app.