Famous Races 2024/2020

Both look tough races but we’ve sent Dead Horse Gap for the Derby and Volokolamsk for the Oaks. Our first ever runners in these races so no pressure! We just thought we’d have a go and see what happens.

1 Like

I’ve looked back through our (Starfish) Classic winners and we have had two TC winners. Ancient Magic in the Irish TC in FF 2019 and Franco Classico (Leased from Ivy Creek) in the Canadian TC, also in FF 2019.

We had Calle de Oro win the Preakness and Belmont in FF 2018 after finishing 3rd in the Derby.

We’ve had four horses win 2 legs of the English TC but not the other leg, although in three of those years Starfish horses won all 3 legs:-

• Worthy Victor won the Derby and St Leger in FF 2016 after finishing 10th in the 2,000,
  • Bracton won the Derby and St Leger in FF 2017 after finishing 2nd in the 2,000, behind stable companion Magic Roundabout
  • Holy Warrior won the 2,000 and Derby in FF 2018 before finishing 4th to stable companion Fool’s Kiss and Classic Fires, who finished 1-2 in the St Leger
  • Back St. Warrior won the Derby and St Leger in FF 2019 after finishing 4th in the 1,000 (the 2,000 was won by her stable companion sorBet),

We also had Superdocious win the first 2 legs of the Canadian TC in FF 2017, before finishing 2nd to stable companion Flight of Silk in the 3rd leg.

1 Like

It looks like RL Racing may resume in the UK on Monday. UK government haven’t officially given the go ahead but it’s looking promising. Should racing be given the green light, then the 1000 & 2000 Guineas will take place the following weekend as will the Coronation Cup for older horses (moved from Epsom to Newmarket). The Irish Guineas are scheduled for the weekend after with Royal Ascot keeping it’s original place in the Racing calendar (16-20th June). The English Oaks and Derby would then be run on the first weekend in July.

2 Likes

Oh well, I wasn’t following or reporting the Famous Races much… although Cop in Morgue bred by Clicker Lab almost won the Triple Crown and became stud qualified… but you must see this epic win by Enable:

She’s six years old now, and still winning the King George!

2 Likes

She’s very special. A third Arc win is a big ask but she deserves to take her chance and I would love to see her do it. Very sporting of Prince Khalid to have kept her in training all this time.

1 Like