Eighteen Karat and a Farewell

It’s been a very long time coming but after several weeks away, I returned to my stable to learn that Eighteen Karat had retired from stud duties due to an unexpected health issue. With that, I have decided that it’s time to leave for the wild green yonder.

It’s fitting, I think, since I claimed him not long after joining this game back in late 2007/early 2008 and raced him to a place at stud. He’s was the last son of What’s It Worth to qualify for studhood and he did his duties diligently, siring hardy reliable runners. Over the years I found it harder to keep up with this game but Karat always brought me back. Now that he’s retired, I no longer have a reason to continue here. I’ll miss him and I’ll miss you all.

Do whatever needs to be done with my horses, @Shanthi. I trust they will find their way into capable stables and capable hands. Good luck, y’all!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about Eighteen Karat. I only have one of his progeny and have often thought that I would like to get some more, so will be watching to see what Shanthi decides will be done with your horses.

In addition, sorry to see you go. I know you have cut back on your activity over the past couple of years and have been leasing out your racehorses, so I guess that your ‘retirement’ shouldn’t be a major surprise.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Sorry to see you go and for the retirement of Karat.

Best of luck for the future.

Sorry to hear about Eighteen Karat, who was a personal favorite of mine and gave me several SW/SP foals, and your own departure. We will greatly miss having you around! I wish you all the best as you move forward.

Really sorry to see you go! I’ve definitely enjoyed leasing out a few of your horses. I was sad to see Eighteen Karat had retired because we’ve had a few SW & SP from his offspring as well!

Wishing you the best!

I’m sorry to see you go @Shirozora! I’m also sorry to see Karat retire, he was getting into his stride as a sire.

I’ll have to contemplate horse dispersal, I may do an auction specifically for your horses.

1 Like

Oh no, another nice stud retired… but it’s even more sad to see you quit, @Shirozora!

So sorry to see Eighteen Karat and even more sorry to see you go. Good luck in the future.

Sorry to see you go :frowning: But I can understand why as I struggle to keep going myself sometimes. Also sad to lose 18 karat as well.

1 Like