Eclipse Awards

Are we having the Eclipse Awards this year?  I just noticed there was no talk about them so far and thought I’d start a thread…well, for some talk!  Anyone notice any spectacular animals out there last year?!

I am still new but I am excited to know who it is!!(They if the case maybe) :wink:

You can see past eclipse award winners here: Hall of Fame.

Shanthi posts the names of the top horses for each category, and members vote.  Sometimes owners will post a bit about their ponies to present a case for their horse.

There are some 2 yos that did very well this last year:

Dark Demand (Battle Hill): won the Breeder’s Cup Juvenile and the Del Mar Futurity; already a millionaire
Ghostly Legend (FF): won the Blue Diamond Stakes; had 7 wins in 10 starts
Gifted (FF): won the Golden Slipper Stakes; over a million in earnings
Highway (Cascade Stables): won the BC Juvenile Fillies
Magic Session (FF): won the Gr. 1 Moyglare Stud Stakes; has never placed worse than 4th in 12 starts
Prospero (Storybook): won the BC Juvenile Turf
Sesen (Storybook): won the Futurity Stakes and showed in the BC Juvenile
Shogun Lodge (Lochiedo): winner of the Beach Shore Stakes, BC Juvenile Turf Fillies, With Approval and Dark Magic Breeder’s Stakes; placed in the Golden Slipper Stakes; a multimillionaire
Tustin Girl (Cherokee Ranch): won the Highland Bandit and Man O’ War Breeders Stakes

I’m sure there’s other way nice ones, and I’m not even touching older horses, and your opinion on what races are shiny and influential will most likely vary from mine. :wink:

Also, let’s not forget:

Blackfoot (Brookdale Equine), the filly who wouldn’t run a step her 2 yo year, and went on to win the Vosburgh Stakes, place in the Hard Scuffle, and net over a million in earnings in 2011.

Hollywood Trademark (FF), a gelding who went through several pairs of hands, was a holy terror in workouts, went back into the Final Furlong pool…and had 4 Stakes wins this year, including the Irish Grand National.

(and yes, I owned those last two buggers at one time, LOL)