Dreams

Laura walked up the hill

toward the mailbox. She smiled as the paperboy huffed and puffed up the hill. She grinned

and took the paper. She waved and looked at the headline. She saw one word, Derby. She

knew what was on the front page.

She raced down the hill and walked past the 

racehorse barn. Universal had just finished his noon workout and was contentedly grazing in

his paddock. He raised his head and whinnied, trotting gracefully over to Laura.

“Hey, boy, guess what’s in the news today?”

Before Universal could move a muscle a 

shot of bay and black came charging past Laura. Hollywood Act, a.k.a Minx, had escaped

Jackie, one of the grooms, again. The bold yearling had invented her own game of tag, and

only she considered it fun.

"Minx!  Get back here!", cried Jackie hopelessly.  Laura 

giggled and laughed, "Tell her to come. Maybe she’ll actually do it. Then, we can move

onto sit and lay down!"

"I like the lay down part!", Jackie finally cornered Minx 

and caught her halter. "I hope Dark Side’s foal isn’t like this! We should keep them

separated, Minx is anything but a good role model!"

Laura grinned and finally got to 

the newspaper. Then, she read the headline, "[b]Can’t Catch Me of Stillwater

Farms takes the Kentucky Derby[/b]"
Laura then looked up, for a corner of

the newspaper had begun moving. Universal was trying to see how paper tasted. Laura pushed

his muzzle away, and he galloped off. The chestnut streched out into full stride. Laura

sighed. Universal had lost his chance at the Triple Crown, but the Kentucky Derby was dirt

anyways, Universal preferring turf. But then, Laura looked at Minx, who was playfully

prancing about a distraught Jackie. Then, she turned to Dark Side, and looked at her sides.

Who knows who could be in there? She grinned. Maybe Universal wasn’t going to be a Triple

Crown winner, but the young legends could be a promise for greatness.
:slight_smile:

Cool story! I think everyone

is stoked for Shanthi that she bred and owns the first female to win a Final Furlong Kentucky

Derby! I reckon she’s got a good shot at nailing the Triple Crown too! :slight_smile: I’m sure Shanthi

could have done it with the great Highland Raven too… :wink:

Let us all pray that we own a

horse like Can’t Catch Me one day…

nice post :slight_smile:

:smiley: Thanks, everyone!