Drawing a blank on what to breed this mare to.

I’ve got all my mares paired up but one - [color=red]What’s Honor, a What’s Debatable 3/4 sibling to ICh. Chivalry and a two other stakes winners. I have no idea who to send her to, so I’d like to know what your thoughts are. I guess my only restrictions are that the stallions are stateside, that their stud fees are below $25k, and that they’re proven.

Probably a Rouge line horse to cross with the Worth - Conflagration would be good to bring in Turn n’Burn, since her dam produced a stakes winner with him…but he is in Australia.

I guess it depends on quite what you’re trying to breed. Your mare looks to be more of a dirt performer from her record. Did you want to try for a dirt runner or are you not too bothered?
You can be pretty flexible on the dam line side as she’s created. So you could either look at using something from the Highlnd Rouge sireline - according to winners to runners % the best of those that fits your budget appears to be Slew O’Scots (silver ranked. 80.6% winners to runners). He’s at the top end of the price range at $25,000 (2016 price not yet advertised). Shanthi also usually BC nominates her studs if that’s important to you.

Away from the Rogue line there’s I’m A Classic at $10,000 (2015) who currently has the highest winner to runner ratio of all the active stallions (92.86 %). He wasn’t BC nominated this year though. He only ran 4 times on dirt, none at stakes level but won them all before being MSW, MSP over fences.

Of the younger studs, I personally like Dark Continent. He currently stands at just over 50% winners to runners with one crop to race (silver ranked). Again Cat usually BC nominated her studs. He’s free of Rogue blood.

Having said that, I haven’t had any homebreds race yet so not sure how reliable my thoughts are :slight_smile:

The Worth/Rogue cross is usually going to get you something decent.  So, like Imagine said, you can have your pick of a lot of studs.

Another thing I would look at is how What’s Debatable crossed with well, since your mare is not straight up WIW.  There’s NCh. Set the Sails out of a Land Ho mare; Ch. Keep Quiet was out of a Planet Hollywood mare; Ch. Daytona Beach was out of a Seattle Slew mare; GCh. Uncle Penny Bags was out of a Moonopoly mare; Ch. As Promised was out of a Highland Rogue mare; Ch. Not Debatable was out of a Lucky Cigar mare; Ch. Debatable Move was out of an Easy Goer mare; Ch. Resident Debate was out of a Dr. Evil mare; and so forth.

Chivalry has crossed well with a Cross Roads mare.

Really late reply to all the suggestions posted here. I decided to send her to a stallion from the Cross Roads line. If all goes well she’ll then have a date with a Rogue line stallion the year after to make use of the Worth/Rogue cross.

Now I have to hope she’ll keep her legs crossed until New Year’s Day,  ::)