Dec. 12 Updates

Lots of minor updates today. :slight_smile:

• fixed the hover panels to not show HTML code
  • fixed display of AEI/CPI/SPR and stallion stats
  • added graphical display for energy, fitness, and morale on racehorses’ pages (see below)

So, pretty graphics, yay!

Example A:

Energy/Fitness scores have been translated into a colour gradient bar. Note: the stats themselves and the A-F scores have not changed, just the visual display.

If you hover over the image, you get the A-F score.

Example B:

NE (tentatively renamed Morale) has been given a gradient as well! This is based on your most recent training workout where your jockey commented on the morale stat. Hovering over the image displays what comment the jockey made, and when they made it.

Example C:

If your horse hasn’t ever had a workout involving morale comments, hovering says you need a workout where the jockey gives you that information. :wink:

You can only view these gradients/data if you own or lease a horse.

Enjoy!

Yay for graphical display! :wink:

I know the info is the same, but I feel like I’m getting much more information with the graphical display.

Love it,

This is so beautiful. Seriously, good work. It’s so nice to look at.

Just a note that the morale display could be wildly inaccurate. If your last workout with that comment was 5 months ago, and you’ve rested your horse at a farm for the last 3 months, it obviously won’t reflect that. Likewise, if the comment was after 3 months of rest and your horse has run in 15 races since then, his/her morale won’t be as high as the graphic displays. (Rewriting workouts will help with this as you’ll be able to decide what feedback you get from jockeys).

Thank you! :slight_smile: I struggled to find a nice gradient of colours, and then had to rework it once my colour-blind fianc

I can’t see the graphical displays :frowning: but I see the breed ranking icons. Using Firefox.

Are you logged in, and looking at horses you own/lease? They only show up then.

Yes, I’m logged in. Wanted to check The Woman In Black for example:

beta.finalfurlong.org/horses/the-woman-in-black

but can’t find anything like that on her page.

Should be fixed. Next time please file a bug. :wink:

Oops, sorry! I forgot that it might be a bug…  ::)

No worries. If you don’t see anything implying it might not be a bug (i.e. “you must be logged in and own a horse to see the graphics”, and you’re not logged in or looking at a horse you own), then file a bug. I’d rather close bugs that aren’t bugs than have to worry about which forum thread might include bugs I need to fix.

I like it!  I haven’t had the chance to log into the beta site recently, life has been throwing curveballs at me left and right, but I’m liking what I see here.  :smiley:

I assume that the morale isn’t showing because the current workout information has not been translated to the new site?
Almost all of my racehorses are in regular training, so should have a morale gradiant, but I haven’t found one yet.  I didn’t know if I should be concerned…

Just because your horse is in regular training doesn’t mean the jockey has made a comment on its morale. Jockeys can comment on about 15 different stats so may not have commented on it.

For example:

Always Ladylike:
Her jockey has made comments about being “willing” or “tired”, “raring to go mentally” and “looking a bit lackluster”.

I assume tired is energy, and willing is temperament…but aren’t the other two NE/morale related?

Yes. Please file a bug.

I fixed it - the query that was doing the update was only setting the latest morale if the horse’s most recent workout involved it, not if the horse had ever had a morale-related comment given.

Love it very nice to look at and I don’t have to go sifting through previous workouts to find ‘morale’ levels! :smiley:

And I can’t find the thread but I also love the fact that the dam sire ranking is shown on the pedigree for the appropriate grandpappy :slight_smile: