Daredevil Dan - Retired - Mares in Foal bug

When I logged in this morning I had 2 stable alerts for mares that have already been bred to Daredevil Dan for the 2028 season showing as not being bred or in foal

I checked his page and he is showing retired however these mares were already bred to him and showing due dates of early Jan 2028. I know the FF stallions weren’t supposed to be open to breeding but he was. It appears all his Jan due mares have been deleted on his page showing only Feb foals due:

I have 3 mares in foal to him for Apr and they are still showing as in foal:

Looks like a few things are going on. Since the breeding season doesn’t officially begin until February 15, any mares bred to slots after the February slots (potentially after Feb 1a/b) would no longer be in foal since the date never actually occurred in terms of the breeding season.

I have no explanation for the April weirdness, other than I know some mares I had booked to my own stallions who ended up retiring or passing before their breeding dates remained booked and I had to manually remove their bookings from the stallion’s page.

1 Like

Are the April mares due this year? They’d be unaffected by his retirement as covered last year.

1 Like

I just got curious and checked the mares’ pages. They are all due this year, which means they were bred last year and would be unaffected. Looking at Daredevil Dan’s page, it would appear he was retired after the Feb 1 slots were used this year, as he has 2 foals due for 2028.

1 Like

Thanks guys! Thats what I get for trying to multi-task lol I didn’t pay attention to the fact that the Apr ladies are due this yr but thanks for explaining the Feb ladies as I was def confused why they were all of a sudden not in foal but his retirement makes since for that now as they both did have the Feb 2 slots

No worries. It happens. There’s a lot to keep track of. Lol.

1 Like