CW Automation - Opinions?

For everyone who participated in 2011’s Color War, what did you think of the automated voting?  Did you like it, or no?  Would you change anything about it?

I liked the automated voting since it seemed to keep people who maybe don’t spend a lot of time on the forums more active.  At least, we’d end up with 8 votes a lot faster than 8 responses to messages by the captain.

It’d be nice if we could vote for all the races we haven’t voted for yet at once though, just to reduce the number of clicks/page loadings.  I know that’s a pain to code though.

I agree that it would have been nice to be able to check the boxes on all of our votes, and press one button to register them all. As it was, though, it worked really well. I especially appreciated the stable reminder, as there are times when I’ve forgotten that we’re discussing a race in the forum. With the reminder there I would at least remember to vote on it. :slight_smile:

I really liked it as well. :smiley:

Yes I liked it too, the reminder was good as often i would be so wrapped up in my own stabes I’d forget to check the CW page.
But if theres any way to stop it loading data from my own stables into the CW page and vice versa it would be a help, saving clearing cookies or logging in and out several times.

This was my first year in CW, so I don’t really have anything to compare it to, but I did like it. I’m not a very social person who spends tons of time on the forums, so I was happy that I could participate while fulfilling my need to hide in the shadows. :wink:

The automated was good, though at times I found it inconvenient like people said when voting. I’d get on and have 12 races to approve/not approve of. I found that “over clicking” was efficient. By that I mean I would submit one vote, then submit a second vote before the page loaded (different race), and so on. I probably crashed something in FF doing this though XD

I thought it was great!  :slight_smile:

I loved the automated voting. The reminders were awesome.

Ditto

For my 1st yr, I liked the automation of voting and the stable reminders.

Downside:
If we could vote for all the races in one click(like the workouts page. can do multiple horses and then hit the “workout” button) that would streamline the voting process.

The other thing I have noticed is that if I look at the “view horses” for CW and then go back to my stable and view my horses.  The CW horses come up instead.  I then have to close the browser and start up again.  I have tried “refresh” and logging out helps also. 

To me, these are minor and if voting gets streamlined or not, I would still be happy to keep playing.

The voting was a good idea… and I agree sometimes being able to check all our picks and then send with on click would be nice… The down side I seen as a Captain, was waiting for members to vote to get a race approved or not…

I’d like to see more envolvement on the MB for teams… there seemed to be more communication when we posted on the MB… I think I’d make it a requirement for people to post why they suggested a race… and get other team members imput on that…

Over all though I’d say it was a big success…

I liked it because it made it easy for those of us that have hardly any time to play cw and manage our own stables. From what I gather it must have taken lots of time and painstaking effort to pick races and gather necessary votes. I think the automation helps us be more active too. But yeah it would be handy to vote all at once. :slight_smile:

Automation is great - I loved how the CW was run this year.

I liked but it might be good to have voting for equpitpment.  After a couple of races there should be the ability for the members to determine what the horses run well at which distance.  And the like.  I’d really like to have members use the message board a little more about the why and so forth or an option to put a comment in when they select or vote.

Equipment and distance and such are a lot easier to discuss on the forum.  The race voting is setup so that members “have” to participate in the racing challenge.  The details should be dealt with on the forum, since this is a social game. :stuck_out_tongue:

As you said, members should use the forum, so equipment and distance preferences are a good way for them to do that.

Is there a way members could view workouts for team horses, not just captains?

Viewing workouts and just going to the track in general would be nice.  Horses could be going to often or not enough and we all know how that effects their performance.

I like the idea of clicking once to vote for races on multiple horses. It streamlines the process.

Equipment and why you picked a race is best for discussion for the forum.  And now that there is the option of changing equip. after entering, this will help when your captain forgot to make the equip. change discussed :wink:

I liked the automated voting thing. It made it easier for me when I was busy to be a part of the team.

Personally, I liked the automated voting as well as the reminders and never had many problems with it.

Cheers,

Kiera, Dragonsden