Cricket Hill Foals: 2016 Edition

I said you could do it. I didn’t say the game would make it easy for you. :wink:  :stuck_out_tongue:

Loving all the new babies and so sorry about the one you lost, it seriously stinks every time.  My first isn’t due till the 29th of February and it’s driving me nuts.  XD  First time I’ve ever wanted a mare to go early, just to have a little excitement in my place.  Lol.

Two that were two weeks early these past couple days. It seems like I, too, am having a rare colt year. Shocking.

[color=blue]Electable (NCh. Slip in the Mud x GCh. Fit to be Jim)
8.1hh Chestnut Colt
Third foal of MSW dam. First foal hits the track this year. Kind of kicking myself for choosing the “Fit to be” theme for Jim’s foals. I mean, there’s Fit to be Tied, which is an obvious choice, and Fit to be King, which worked out nicely, and now I’m kind of out of conventional names. Whoops! You know what? Screw it. Electable was too good to pass up, especially since it’s an election year. :wink:

[color=blue]Saturn’s Rings (ICh. Ring of Fire x GCh. Firmament)
8.1hh Black Colt
Third foal out a MSW dam and full sister to NCh. Brilliant Gold. This colt is obliquely related to NCh. Forgotten Road (by Cross Roads)–Firmament is 1/2 sister to Forgotten Road’s dam; Ring of Fire is a CR’s son–so I’m really excited to see how this one does. Firmament’s first foal hits the track this year. Firmament has been sent to Call To War.

Nice Colts and love the name Saturn’s Rings…

Nice babies. :slight_smile:

More early buggers.

[color=blue]A Month of Sundays (Rock of Gibraltar x Sunday Joy by Easy Goer)
8.2hh Bay Colt
2nd foal of multi-winning dam. Dam is 1/2 to GCh. Give the Slip by Highland Bandit. Seeing that Rogue is a good cross with her dam, we figured we’d give Sunday Joy a double Rogue helping and sent her to High on Love.

[color=red]Power Hour(Smart Strike x Ch. 5 O’Clock Shadow by Cross Roads)
8.3hh Black Filly
2nd foal of MSP dam. Shadow has been sent to ICh. Demand the Best

The thought of a month of sundays made me smile. :slight_smile: Then I thought of Groundhog Day, lol.
Super awesome names and foals.

Yay, Shadow! :slight_smile: Hope her baby does well - love the name.

love the name month of sundays for me its mondays lol

Filly! <3

[color=red]Rio de la Plata (GCh. Latino Mix x Ch. Amazon)
9.1h Grey Filly

Amazon’s 4th foal. Her 1st foal to race is MSW Ch. Amazonian Spirit. We liked him so much, we jumped at the chance to own his dam. Rio de la Plata is another river in South America that forms the border between Argentina and Uruguay. Amazon has been bred to DC.

Love the foals

[color=red]Queen Anne’s Lace (ICh. Long Live the King x Ch. Fantasies O’War (S))
9.3hh Bay Filly
1/2 to GCh. Iron Man and Ch. Secretary of State. Fantasies O’War has been sent to Brigade.

Nice name, and a pretty flower!

Another filly!

Higgs Boson (NCh. Void x Barely Black)
9.1hh Black Filly

I really wanted to name her Black Hole, but that was taken. Then I wanted to name her Dark Matter. But that was taken. So I said screw it, random physics term it is! The Guardian has a good explanation as to what the heck it is. Of course, this completely defeats my P motif (Pyrrhic Victory, Plague). Maybe I should name her Pulsar or something like that.

Oh I like pulsar!  I have one named for a black hole I think is a yearling, It was singularity (another term for black hole) but I changed it, didnt really fit her! Feel free to use it. :slight_smile:

Three today.

Final Answer(FFCh. High Chances (S) x Phoenix)
9.0hh Bay Colt
The last foal out of Phoenix, who retired today after some difficulty foaling. She was the dam of NCh. Ray of Light, GCh. Honey Baby and a handful of champions. We’re proud to own her last three foals.  Unfortunately they’re all colts!

Diamond Dust (ICh. Ring of Fire x Ch. Saturnalia)
9.0hh Black Filly
Third foal out of SWing Saturnalia. First foal will hit the track this year. Saturnalia has been sent to Yes It’s Paddy.

Counting Kisses (ICh. Count Me In x Never Been Kissed)
9.2hh Bay Colt
Third foal out of SPed dam, who is 1/2 to NCh. The Fighting Fifty. Never Been Kissed has been sent to Joyeux Oiseau.

Love the names, as usual. :slight_smile:

love the names!

I love the name Diamond Dust! I’ve been getting hit with filly after filly, which is nice, but it makes you sort of miss the boys, haha.
Thanks for choosing Joy for Never Been Kissed’s next date  :wink:.

Nice lot of foals with lovely names