Cricket Hill Auction

Well, taxes killed me this year and it’s time to stop hoarding, and start trying to get my stable under control.  Not racing==no income.  Anyhow, as much as it hurts, I’m trying to let some nice bloodstock go as well.  Will probably have a weanling auction once foals are weaned.

All reserves (except one) are at $5,000.

[color=blue]
At First Sight
–yearling colt; 1/2 to MSW Ch. Not Another Mare and by the up-and-coming sire Candidate

[color=red]
Blood Diamond
–2yo filly; 1/2 to SP Canaryinacoalmine (who ran as a 2yo last year).  Out of Nugget and by Dark Continent

[color=red]
Breakthrough
–2yo filly; 1/2 to GCh. Golden Oak.  By High Chances and out of Liquid Gold.

[color=blue]
Classic Royal
(NCh. I’m A Classic x Princess Jasmine): 4yo colt; RR: 19(2) 4-5-1-3 $126,700 (all earned as a 3yo)

[color=red]
Cryptorose
–created broodmare, bronze rated

[color=red]
Fool’s Gold
(The Black x Time For Truth): young broodmare, bred to Silver Charm; 1/2 to ICh. Witness

[color=blue]
Gambling Fool
(NCh. Bellagio x Come Back Later)–yearling colt

[color=blue]
Gimme A Sign
(NCh. Gimme A Shot x Symbolic)–2yo colt, 1/2 to Ch. Hannah Banana and Ch. Somethininthewater.

[color=red]Integral(Magic Glory x NCh. Unconditional)–yearling filly; dam won 7 stakes wins and earned over $1million; her reserve price is higher

[color=red]Liquid Gold(Fire ‘n’ Smoke x Gold Rush)–silver-rated broodmare, dam of GCh. Golden Oak; uncommon lines

[color=blue]Mr. Right Now (Highland Laird x Ch. Fantasies O’War)–3yo colt; unplaced as a 2yo but should mature nicely (Laird foals seem to mature late)

[color=blue]Notachanceinheck (FFCh. High Chances x GCh. Hollywood Native)–3yo colt, first foal of MSW dam; from the Hollywood Queen/Hollywood Silver female-line; RR: 11 0-0-0-4 $5,600

[color=blue]On An Adventure (ICh. Dark Continent x Ch. Final Tour)–yearling colt, dam is SW and only foal to race (Ch. Tickled Pink) is a Gr.1 winner as a 2yo.

[color=blue]Refrain (ICh. Dark Continent x Ch. Out of Tune)–yearling colt; dam is 1/2 to WCh. King David; first foal will race this year

[color=blue]Rise Above(FFCh. High Chances x Cryptorose)–yearling colt

[color=red]Romance Me–broodmare; silver-rated; produced MSW Ch. Not Another Mare

[color=blue]Under A Rock (ICh. Dark Continent x Vain Scorpion)–2yo racehorse

[color=red]Was It Worth It (ICh. Chivalry x Warrens Candy)–2yo racehose, first and only foal of dam

Must…not…buy…ponies. (I think.)

Don’t listen!

More horses may/will be added once I stop wincing over consigning these ones.  :wink:

Cat,

I noticed that you retired Buy an Angel to Stud, but, if it would help, I would be glad to re-Lease both Demand the Best and Odysseus (or only one of them, if you don’t want to Lease both of them).

LMK

PS: I have my eye on a couple of the horses you listed above and, unlike Shanthi, I don’t have any little voices (or big ones) telling me not to buy any ponies.

Some nice horses here Cat! I’m broke and have an out of control stable myself! 80+ broodmares this year… Mass breeding will eventually = Breeder of the Year as Vaucluse though… Was nice to win as Central Coast Lodge but not quite the same :wink:

Part of my $$ problems stems from having leased out my ponies, rather than having them earn money for me (if I ran Buy an Angel and then retired her, I’d have had to pay double taxes).  I’m not sure what my plans are as far as leasing ponies, but it seems like I do need to be more active than I was.  Right now, though, everyone’s getting some time off.

You’re a wicked woman Cat! Seems like you may have foiled my cunning plan to not buy more ponies! But then I’ll have to sell some of my own :frowning:

I’ll try to be good and just look lol

Sigh. Already have my eye on two. :wink:

Just a quick note that the auction will be starting next week.  This is a rare opportunity to grab some really nicely bred horses, including some with which I would normally not part.

Depending on how bidding goes, I might try for 1-2 (because I need another horse like a bullet to the head).

Just a reminder, the auction starts tomorrow. =)

watching the clock tick by slowly