Cricket Hill 2023 Foals

Well, we’re starting a little early this year. This is actually our first December baby in the 14ish (?) years I’ve played. Mom and baby are healthy, which is all we really care about. Had to put December in the name to remember not to run this filly in 2024.

[color=red]RAIN IN DECEMBER
FFCh. Black Cherry (S) x GCh. Buckets of Rain - Ch. Irish River (S)
8.2h dark bay filly

Shame she’s early but she’s very pretty.

Pretty girl! Too bad she couldn’t wait another week.

Gorgeous filly and great name. Sorry she was in a hurry!

Fingers crossed my own crew holds out until the new year.

Beautiful Filly a shame she is early.

Great name.  I feel like that’s the only weather we’ve had in NC, outside the random 10-inch snowfall. 

We’ve had a number of foals in January, but I haven’t named them…so I haven’t announced them.

We just had one of our blue-hen mares retire, though, so I thought I should announce her last foal.

[color=red]THE PREACHER’S CAT[/color]
American Pharoah x GCh. Assault By Numbers (G) - Assault (G)
9.3h dark bay filly

1/2 sister to [color=red]NCh. Color By Numbers[/color], [color=blue]Ch. Connect the Dots[/color], [color=blue]Ch. Punch Buggy[/color], [color=red]Ch. Scrabble[/color], [color=red]Ch. Word Search[/color], [color=red]Ch. I Spy[/color]

Assault By Numbers has been a solid producer – 10 foals, 7 foals to race, and all but 1 a stakes winner or better – and we’re sad to see her go. She’s survived by 8(!) daughters, who I hope will be just as good as their dam and we’re hoping that Ch. Punch Buggy has a good enough season to get studified this year. He was a solid performer as a 2yo. NCh. Color By Number’s first foal to race starts next year.

Lovely filly. (What’s the significance of the name?)

It’s the name of a car game, which fits with the theme of her foal names.

E.g.
The preacher’s cat is an awesome cat and its name is Annabel.

The preacher’s cat is a angry cat and its name is Andy.

Repeat a word and you’re out.

Interesting! Never played that game growing up.

We had another blue-hen mare retire today – Italy.

We’re sad to see her go, but at 21 years old, 16 foals, 2 millionaires, 5 MSWers, and 3 SWs, the girl has earned her retirement. We’re super grateful we have Lucretia and yearling Verona to take her place in the broodmare barn and her son, Palermo, will eventually be standing at stud.

[color=blue]PALMYRA[/color]
GCh. Zadar x Italy (G) - Alveretto (G)
8.1h chestnut colt

1/2 brother to [color=blue]NCh. Palermo[/color], [color=red]GCh. Touch ‘N’ Go[/color], [color=blue]Ch. Italian Devil[/color], [color=blue]Ch. San Marino[/color], [color=green]Ch. Leonardo[/color], [color=blue]Ch. Amati[/color], [color=blue]Ch. Sardinia[/color], [color=red]Ch. Cigarina[/color], [color=red]Ch. Lucretia[/color], [color=blue] Milan[/color]

May she have a long and happy retirement.

Pretty boy! Shame he’s her last, but she’s done her duty well.