Cricket Hill 2013 Crop

Sorry to hear about Warrens Candy. :frowning:  At least she has a pretty filly to carry on her legacy.

We’ve been pretty lucky, as this is the first time we’ve ever lost a broodie (either to retirement or death), and we usually lose only 1 foal per season, so it was bound to happen to us one time or another.  We’re sorry we lost her, but we’re lucky it was her instead of some of our more distinguished mares.

Last foal of the season.

Gimme A Sign
NCh. Gimme A Shot x Symbolic (S)
8.2hh Black Colt

Symbolic has been bred to Dark Continent for a '14 foal.

Foaling season here at the Hill is DONE!

Stats: 25 foals, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare

Of the 25 foals: [color=red]10 fillies, [color=blue]15 colts

For the first time EVER in CH breeding history (all six years), the colts have it.  =)  Hopefully this will make them easier to part with…

Oh, man I love the name!  Good job. :slight_smile:  If next years first foal is a colt I though “Notanothercolt” would be a cute name…lol. :wink:

Well, I am responsible for naming one of my fillies, “Not Another Mare.”  :wink:

We’ll give the colts another year to catch up before we start complaining too much about them.  My yearling colts are ecstatic about the reinforcements.  ;D

And today brings us to the close of the 2013 breeding season.  I’m very, very happy to say that all of our mares due in early January (and one scheduled for today!) have managed to keep their legs crossed long enough to get us into the 2014 season.  You go, girls!

Best wishes to everyone for a safe and healthy 2014 foaling season.

Yay!  It’s always a celebration when those pesky January mares manage to actually make it through without foaling until January.  You just made me check my weanling count and no December foals for CS either!  :slight_smile:

~ Lindsay

Holy moly…whew!  In the clear also. :slight_smile:  We have a couple due tomorrow so, YAY, here too.

Best Wishes for the 2014 foaling season!

Ahh yes thank goodness! We have two mares due the second and a few more scattered
after that, thankful we made it through! Hope everyone has a good 2014 season! :slight_smile:

throws confetti  Glad to see everyone else managed to make it clear as well.  :smiley:  I’ve got one mare due on the 4th and two more due on the 7th, so I’ve been very nervous.  :stuck_out_tongue: