Consignments

Horses have been selected for the auction from Final Furlong.

You may also consign horses, but if you consign horses that are inappropriate for the auction (see below), you will lose the horse and $20,000. As in, you will pay Final Furlong $20,000 to take the horse off your hands…probably not quite the same idea you would have when consigning the horse to the auction.

Select auction horses must be somehow related to stakes races:
–Have 1/2 siblings (through the dam) who are stakes placed/stakes winners.
–Have parent(s) (at least the mare, if not the sire as well) who are stakes placed/stakes winners
–Have won or placed in stakes races themselves.

Anything that does not fit these criteria may be consigned to the Annual Mixed Auction.

when will the auction take

place

So will the broodmares in there already have been bred by the time we buy them?

Oh, and can we set a reserve for our horses entered into the auction??

Yes, they will…I may consider putting up some sort of suggestion/poll thing for the FF broodmares, but don’t count on it. :wink:

And yes, you will be able to select a reserve price, just not right now.

But by the time the auction rolls around, you will. Feel free to consign any horses you like now, and then you can edit the reserve price/consignment status later.

Just so everyone knows Im

shelling out 1.5 million for King davids half sib

Select auction horses must be somehow related to stakes races:
–Have 1/2 siblings (through the dam) who are stakes placed/stakes winners.
–Have parent(s) (at least the mare, if not the sire as well) who are stakes placed/stakes winners
–Have won or placed in stakes races themselves.

OK, I guess I read the conditions wrong. Having read the rules on consigning horses to the auction,I initially thought that either the sire or the dam could be stakes winners or placed. I only saw “Have parent(s)” and didn’t notice “at least the mare” comment. A rather exspensive oversight on my behalf. Will have to play around with my equipment and remove the blinkers off my eye I think. :slight_smile: :shock: :astonished:ops:

Yeah, it becomes rather meaningless to have only the sire be stakes placed/stakes winners…almost all of the sires in the game, aside from the real-life famous ones and the original studs raced, and therefore needed to win at least 1 stakes race to retire to stud.

Inherently, the female/tail line of a pedigree is more “powerful” than the male/top line, as it involves fewer individuals. Therefore 2 horses by the same (awesome) sire but out of different quality mares will be worth much different amounts.

just thought I would point out that this should be made a sticky…I lost $20,000 becasue I didn’t realize these criteria had to be met (another player was kind enough to let me know…after my horses had been entered for a while)…a little frustrated (and feel free to snap in return) since I am trying to play by the rules and don’t like find out after the fact that I broke one…if I lose my weanling, too, well then fine but I don’t think it was fair- wouldn’t have entered my horses for the fees that I paid if I knew that this was going to happen.  Feel both angry and stupid at the same time.

Kayte
Diamond Dale Farm