Color War activity points...

It’s no big deal, but I had a curious question…

I joined February 18th of last year, and played the entire year of color war (my first year in the game).  In the FAQ, it says that new members get 100 activity points, but according to my page, I was only credited with 50.  I was thinking it might have been because points were awarded AFTER Feb. 18th, but they weren’t - it was Jan. 24th.  Is it a glitch, or what?

And even if it is a glitch, what about the people who join, say, in March (after Color War has started, too late to sign up).  Are they no longer eligible to play Color War for the 100 points (since the END of their first year would be long after their 1 full year had expired if they join in the first available sign-ups)?  Or is it so long as you JOIN color war within the first full year and play the whole game, no matter where the ending date falls in regards to ‘first full year’ in the game?

my understanding of the points for playing Color Wars is… you get 100 pts for the first full year that you play…

if for some reason during the year another sign up is offered (last year a few members quit making teams light)… then you would get a partial amount of points… so it really doesn’t matter when you joined FF… it matters when you actually signed up for Color Wars

However I believe that may have changed a bit… as this year Shanthi awarded points and prizes based on each member individual participation…

yes I had wondered about that, I joined in august 2010 so colour war for that year was already more than half over. I joined last year as soon as i could. I had hoped for the 100 points but only got 50. i simply assumed that because i had joined when just too late to do a full year that it was “tough”. I’m not worried or complaining as I’m very happy with the horses I won and another 50 point makes no real difference to me now. Just interested to see others are puzzled as well, not just me  8)

I’m pretty sure she awarded points based on participation which is totally fair. If you didn’t participate as much as some of your other team mates you should be awarded less points.

Just out of curiosity, how does Shanthi evaluate participation? Is it only based on Color War Forum posts or does she have a way to monitor how many suggestions you make for entries and how many suggested entries you vote for?

Baseline points were 50, not 100.  So I’ll need to adjust the FAQ for that.

Baseline points were adjusted purely based on how long you were on the team.  So if you joined the team on June 30 (midway through the year) you’d get 25 points.  If you were on the team for the entire year, you’d get 50.

Participation (voting, etc) played a factor in the prizes, and the team’s score.  They are based on voting only, not forum posts, because posts are subjective.  (You could post “hi, the team rocks!” and the code wouldn’t know/care if that was actually a helpful post or not.)