Clover Springs' 2015 Foals

I wasn’t expecting our first foal until later in the month, but a colt suprised us by showing up a few weeks early (good thing I didn’t breed his dam any sooner :wink: )

[color=blue]ValleyoftheKings
WCh. Crystal Rainbow (S) x Laura Croft
8.1h chestnut colt
Born: January 3, 2015

This colt is Laura’s first foal (which likely accounts for his earliness as well :wink: ) sired by Crystal Rainbow. Not sure who she will be visiting yet for her 2015 foal, but likely a CS stallion.

Love the name! :slight_smile: Congrats on a healthy baby.

Two new colts have arrived at the stable:

[color=blue]Digital Garden
WCh. As You Wish (S) x Ch. Nuit Noir
8.1hh black colt with stripe
Born: January 16, 2015

I’m really looking forward to racing this colt with Secret of Love, Worth, and Cross Roads in his blood. Nuit Noir will be visiting High Chances for her 2016 foal.

[color=blue]Elixer
ICh. Prince of Wonder (B) x Chicago
7.3hh chestnut colt with star & stripe
Born: January 17, 2015

I know it’s spelled incorrectly on purpose :wink: Chicago will be visiting Crystal Rainbow for her 2016 foal.

[hr][/hr]
Summary: Three foaled ([color=blue]3 colts), None stillborn, No deceased mares, 58 foals left for 2015

Cute boys! :slight_smile:

Even more boys have arrived at the stable along with one filly:

[color=blue]The Tourist
NCh. Starz ‘n’ Stripes (S) x ICh. Clendon Park (B)
9.0hh liver chestnut colt
Born: January 30, 2015

I wasn’t really thinking of the movie when I decided on the name (I wanted Nomad but Jase already has that one taken :frowning:p ) but I wanted a travelling-themed name for him. Clendon’s first foal Garden State is a winner, but no stakes placers or stakes winners yet. With two Jazz It Up sired 1/2 siblings I’m sure it won’t be long  :wink:  Clendon is going to see Bellagio for her 2016 foal.

[color=red]Princess Tiana
NCh. Highland Wizard (G) x GCh. Dark Princess (B)
8.3hh black filly
Born: January 30, 2015

The Princess & the Frog is such a cute movie, and I think Tiana is such a pretty name!  She is 1/2 sibling to stakes placed Sailor’s Girl and quite a few winners. Let’s hope she’ll be a stakes winner  :wink: 

[color=blue]Showbiz Milieu
FFCh. Take MeToHollywood (B) x ICh. Long Shot
8.0hh black colt
Born: February 1, 2015

What’s It Worth… Gimme A Shot… Hollywood Queen… Patriot Games… pretty powerful names in this boy’s pedigree. 3/4 sibling to Blockbuster, Kaleidoscope and Play It Again. I’m hoping he’ll love both the dirt and turf like his dam but we’ll have to see when the time comes  :wink:

Summary: Six foals ([color=blue]5 colts, [color=red]1 filly), None stillborn, No deceased mares, 55 foals left for 2015

Love the names! :slight_smile:

Awesome foals! As congrats on your As You Wish colt! He’s a beaut!

Some sad news to report today as Atlantis § lost her colt by Highland Bandit on Wednesday. Mom is doing well and will be visiting Foolhardy (drool!) for her 2016 baby, but it’s always a gut-wrencher to lose a platnium mare’s foal.  :frowning:

The good news is we have another healthy colt arrive at the stable on Wednesday:

[color=blue]Fleetwood Mac
WCh. Gotta Go x Ch. Dreamweaver
8.3hh grey colt
Born: February 2, 2015

Fleetwood is the second foal out of Dreamweaver and I’m betting he’ll be a dirt-loving colt based on his dam’s preferences. I tend to use music groups/songs as inspiration for many of my names and this once just jumped out at me  :wink: Dreamweaver will be bred to Crystal Rainbow for her 2016 foal.

Summary: Seven foals ([color=blue]6 colts, [color=red]1 filly), One stillborn, No deceased mares, 53 foals left for 2015

Bummer about Atlantis’ baby! At least she made it through okay.

Ouch.  Sorry to hear about that.  Next year’s foal is going to be doubly amazing (and with lines like that, I wouldn’t be surprised).

Foolhardy x Atlantis will be EPIC all going well!
Sorry to hear about the loss though.

Yeah, dangit. :frowning: Ditto, on at least Atlantis is doing well.  And BIG ditto on Foolhardy X Atlantis (Drool!)! Super jealous. Maybe I’ll have to send Mists Of Avalon to Foolhardy next year. :wink:

We have been slow to start in January for foals then all of a sudden wham we have 8 new foals to report  :wink:

[color=blue]Archangel Rising
Silver Charm x Ch. Almost Heaven
8.3hh dark bay colt
Born: February 5, 2015

I almost named him Silver Archangel but he isn’t a grey so it didn’t seem right :wink:  Archangel is Almosty Heaven’s second foal (one colt and one filly so far) and she’ll be in foal to Void for her 2016 baby.

[color=red]Lynx
NCh. Void (B) x Star Radiance
9.3hh grey filly
Born: February 5, 2015

It’s fun and so challenging at the same time to name a whole crop of foals, so I went searching through constellations for some inspiration. Bordering on Snow Leopard, but I didn’t want to step on Apple’s toes :wink: Star Radiance’s first foal (Champagnesupernova) will hit the track this year as a 2yo, and she’ll be bred to Gimme A Shot for her 2016 foal.

[color=red]Deep Purple
WCh. Nightfight x Still of the Night
9.0hh black filly
Born: February 6, 2015

I almost wish she was a colt so I could name him Black Night (as Black Knight is already taken) to go on a Monty Python reference, but Deep Purple it shall be instead. Very pretty cross here with Man O’War and The Black bloodlines with Still of the Night’s first foal. She will be bred to Sleipnir for her 2016 foal.

[color=red]Fool Me Once
FFCh. Foolhardy (G) x Evanescence
9.1hh bay filly

I can’t believe Foolhardy is gold-ranked already after only two foal crops! Hopefully only gets better from here with another new filly to report :wink: Second foal from Evanescence, and she will be visiting Bellagio for her 2016 foal.

[color=red]Sundog
ICh. Stressed x WCh. Oscuro Arco Iris
8.0hh black filly

I saw a couple sundogs today after a large amount of snow got dumped on us last night, so I had to name a foal after it. Oscuro’s first foal hits the track this year (Glow in the Dark), and Sundog makes filly #2. Oscuro will be seeing All Jazzed Up for her 2016 foal.

[color=blue]Out of the Fog
GCh. Highland Laird (S) x Vancouver Mist
8.3hh bay colt

Vancouver’s second colt, and I really like his name; especially since he is a Laird baby! I’m sending Vancouver Mist to visit Chivalry for her 2016 foal.

[color=blue]Prince of Persia
WCh. King David (B) x El Nino
10.1hh dark bay colt

I was surprised this name hadn’t been taken yet, and it fit a King David son. El Nino is booked to visit Bellagio for her 2016 foal.

[color=blue]Telekinesis
Smart Strike x Ch. Youwouldntbelievit (S)
8.2hh dark bay colt
Born: February 7, 2015

Telekinesis is part of Smart Strike’s second foal crop, and her dam is from the Ifyoucouldseemenow line. Youwouldntbelievit will be bred to Crystal Rainbow for her 2016 foal.

Summary: Fifteen foals ([color=blue]10 colts, [color=red]5 fillies), One stillborn, No deceased mares, 45 foals left for 2015

Holy moly. Good work with the names :slight_smile:  Yay for another healthy Nightfight filly and Deep Purple is super cute!

Thanks for all the congrats and well-wishes on our foals this year. I need to reply to more postings of others foals and especially from our stallions :wink:

We had some bad news this morning however when I woke up and went to the barn. Our six year old broodmare Ebony Star (Planet Hollywood x Times Ebony) passed away this morning due to foaling complications. Her pure black filly, Ebonys Dreamer (sired by Worth My While), her first and only foal did survive thank goodness, but still a sad morning. :frowning:

Other new foals to report since my last post:

[color=blue]Naica
WCh. Strike It Rich (S) x WCh. Dreamboat
9.1hh dark bay colt
Born: February 14, 2015

I was watching a Discover Channel program on the Mexican Naica crystal caves and thought it would be a perfect name for a foal. I was possibly thinking a Crystal Rainbow progeny, but Strike It Rich works as well :wink: Dreamboat has been bred for Highland Wizard for her 2016 foal.

[color=red]Exchange Student
ICh. Take Me Away x Vaudeville (S)
9.1hh grey filly
Born: February 15, 2015

1/2 sibling to MSW Catch Phrase and SW Showoff. I had a hard time deciding on her name and wanted something foreign or vacation-based, but I like Exchange Student. Vaudeville has been bred to Chivalry for her 2016 foal.

[color=blue]Oompa Loompa
FFCh. Foolhardy (G) x Ch. Sweet Dreams (S)
8.0hh light bay colt

Yes it’s a disturbing name, but I couldn’t resist with Sweet Dreams as his dam :wink: 1/2 sibling to MSW Fragrant, SW Gimme Gimme Gimme, SW Dremaweaver, and 3/4 to MSW What’s Your Dream and SW Willy Wonka. Sweet Dreams has been bred to Chivalry for her 2016 foal.

[color=red]Stunt Double
FFCh. Foolhardy (G) x Aerials
8.3hh black filly

Worth, Alydar, Foolish Question and Patriot Games bloodlines are rolled into this pretty black filly. drool I’m really looking forward to her and have a feeling she’ll lean towards the turf. Aerials will be seeing Carrowmore for next year’s foal.

[color=blue]Silver Beux
Silver Charm x Ch. Filly from Chile
10.0hh chestnut colt
Born: February 16, 2015

Silver Beux is Filly from Chile’s second foal and colt and sired by the lovely Silver Charm. Chile will be bred to All Jazzed Up for her 2016 foal.

[color=blue]Star of the Stage
GCh. Starzen (B) x Tartan
9.2hh chestnut colt
Born: February 16, 2015

Star of the Stage is Tartan’s first foal and has Worth, Rainbow Quest and Seeing Starz bloodlines. Tartan is visiting All Jazzed Up for next year’s foal.

[color=blue]Strikeupthemusic
WCh. Strike It Rich (S) x Ch. Highland Echo (S)
8.2hh black colt
Born: February 18, 2015

Strikeupthemusic is 1/2 sibling to MSW Dancer’s Echo, SW Danzig’s Echo, SW Echo In Time, and SW Take Note. I’m really loving the Strike It Rich foals Jase :wink: Highland Echo is being bred to Long Live The King for her 2016 foal.

Summary: 23 foals ([color=blue]15 colts, [color=red]8 fillies), 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare (Ebony Star), 37 foals left for 2015

Love the names! :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you’re loving Strike It Rich! His foals are doing well! All winners and one MSW who looks like he’ll go onto good things! His progeny are really lightly raced too. Now just to get some more foals on the ground for him…

Time to play a large round of catch-up with my foals & names:

• [color=red]Auset - GCh. Akhetnaten (S) x NCh. Always A Princess, Born April 8, 2015
  • [color=red]Be’in Our Star - NCh. Starz ‘n’ Stripes (S) x Ch. Heartstring, Born May 31, 2015
  • [color=red]Bold Arrogance - FFCh. High Chances (B) x AffairsOfTheHeart, Born April 23, 2015
  • [color=red]Bollywood - NCh. Seattle Sorcerer (B) x Ch. New Moon, Born April 7, 2015
  • [color=red]C the Faith - ICh. Chivalry x Dream Maker (B), Born April 10, 2015
  • [color=red]Calamity Jane - FFCh. Foolhardy (S) x Ch. Smilin’ Irish (B), Born April 23, 2015
  • [color=red]Colors of the Wind - Rahy (S) x Ch. Olympic Colors (B), Born May 31, 2015
  • [color=red]Dark Crystal - WCh. Crystal Rainbow (S) x GCh. Midnight Danger (G), Born April 26, 2015
  • [color=red]Dawn Treader - WCh. All Jazzed Up x Dolphin’s Cry, Born March 23, 2015
  • [color=blue]Dr. Feelgood - GCh. Steal Your Heart (B) x Ch. Dr. Sweetie, Born April 28, 2015
  • [color=red]Ebonys Dreamer - GCh. Worth My While (S) x Ch. Ebony Star, Born February 25, 2015
  • [color=blue]Fire the Rockets - ICh. Ring of Fire (B) x GCh. Rhiannon, Born March 7, 2015
  • [color=blue]Game of Thrones - ICh. Dark Continent (B) x NCh. Crucible (G), Born April 20, 2015
  • [color=blue]GetItGotItGood - Point Given (S) x Embassy, Born June 19, 2015
  • [color=blue]Herecomesawinner - NCh. Bellagio x Ch. Wild Streak (S), Born March 22, 2015
  • [color=blue]High Roller - FFCh. High Chances (B) x Sin City, Born March 31, 2015
  • [color=red]Howlin’ for You - WCh. What’s Debatable (S) x Heartsong (G), Born March 8, 2015
  • [color=blue]Letters from Home - GCh. Worth My While (S) x Ch. Five Rings (B), Born April 9, 2015
  • [color=red]Normandy - NCh. Call To War x Speeding Bullet (S), Born May 3, 2015
  • [color=red]Pirate’s Gold - WCh. Crystal Rainbow (S) x Venture Capitalist (S), Born June 2, 2015
  • [color=blue]Proudfoot - WCh. Strider (B) x Secret Admirer (B), Born April 2, 2015
  • [color=red]Retrograde - FFCh. Foolhardy (S) x Knight’s Princess (B), Born April 5, 2015
  • [color=red]Sarafina - ICh. Long Live The King x GCh. Ladylove (S), Born April 1, 2015
  • [color=red]Silvertini - GCh. Worth My While (S) x Ch. Celebration, Born May 18, 2015
  • [color=blue]Sochi - WCh. Crystal Rainbow (S) x Olympic Dream, Born March 4, 2015
  • [color=red]Spiced Rum - ICh. Candidate (S) x Kentucky Gold (B), Born May 2, 2015
  • [color=blue]Strange Magic - ICh. Highland Magic (S) x Betting Girl (S), Born March 26, 2015
  • [color=blue]Tangothisafternoon - WCh. All Jazzed Up x GCh. Charming Dance (B), Born April 1, 2015
  • [color=red]Tigerlily - ICh. What’s Your Point (B) x GCh. Whimsical Whirl (S), Born May 5, 2015
  • [color=blue]Tolkien - FFCh. Foolhardy (S) x NCh. Nation’s Colors (S), Born April 1, 2015
  • [color=blue]Upickedafinetime - ICh. Unabridged x Never High Enough (S), Born June 5, 2015
  • [color=red]Walk on Stars - NCh. Highland Wizard (S) x NCh. Fingerprints, Born February 27, 2015
  • [color=blue]Wookiee - WCh. Nightfight (S) x Lady In Residence (G), Born March 31, 2015
  • [color=red]Zombie - ICh. What’s Your Point (B) x WCh. Highland Grace (B), Born June 9, 2015

Summary: 56 foals ([color=blue]29 colts, [color=red]27 fillies), 3 stillborns, 1 deceased mare (Ebony Star), 2 foals left for 2015

Some pretty ponies you have there.  We may have to talk. :wink:

Good luck with your DC, HC and LLK foals!

Me too!