Clicker Lab 2024

Four foals on January first! This year I’m not choosing a language but I’m still naming them alphabetically, and also I’m becoming a permaculture freak so maybe some names will be related to that.

[color=blue]ARBUSCULAR[/color]
NCh. Al Mundhir (B) x Ch. Crownette (S) - Giant’s Causeway (S)
8.2h liver chestnut colt

1/2 brother to [color=red]Ch. A Room Of Her Own[/color]. Arbuscular mycorrhiza is a type of fungus that forms a symbiosis with plant roots, helping to circulate nutrients. This colt is by our recently retired stallion.

[color=blue]ASSESSMENT[/color]
FFCh. I’m No Fool (S) x NCh. Enyo (S) - WCh. Nightfight (S)
7.1h dark bay colt

1/2 brother to [color=red]GCh. Wiry Feeling[/color]. Assessment is what a permaculture designer does before starting the design work. Wiry Feeling was our best mare last year, I hope she’ll also earn a NCh title before retiring, and this looks like a strong female line in my herd.
I already bred Enyo to her next date, Worthy Victor, and for some reason the foal appears due in December 2024… is that a bug, @Shanthi?

[color=blue]ADOBE[/color]
NCh. Too Stressful x On My Own - WCh. As You Wish (B)
8.3h bay colt

Adobe is a clay-brick house, one of many popular natural building ideas.

[color=red]ANDZIA[/color]
NCh. Painted Raven (B) x Twelve Monkeys - ICh. Sixth Day
8.2h black filly

The only filly today! I named her after a diminutive of my real life name.

3 Colts | 1 Filly

Nope. If you bred on Feb 15 the vet could determine that the mare is due in December. (The code mimics real-life practices of “encouraging” mares to hold off until Jan 1, though, so even if she would naturally foal in December she’s more likely to foal on Jan 1.)

1 Like

One boy today. This damline isn’t as successful as I hoped, but maybe they will develop with time… at least he’s pretty!

[color=blue]BANGER[/color]
NCh. Al Mundhir (B) x Ch. Tipping the Velvet - Deep Impact
8.2h blood bay colt

4 Colts | 1 Filly

Four today! I love the foaling season.

[color=blue]CAT GOES FISHING[/color]
ICh. First Born Son (S) x Cat Surfer (P) - Created
8.3h brown colt

1/2 brother to [color=red]NCh. Sneaky Surfer[/color], [color=blue] Love Attraction[/color], Ch. Watch Your Money. He should be a dirt monster, and also have talent for steeplechase, like his big sister. Cat Surfer is one of my oldest broodmares, and the only Platinum. She will be bred to NCh. Hogsmeade.

[color=blue]CURIOSITY[/color]
NCh. Space Chips x Ch. Glamorous Fog - WCh. Strike It Rich (B)
8.3h black colt

First foal for his dam. She will be bred to NCh. Ancient Magic next.

[color=blue]CELEBES[/color]
NCh. Al Mundhir (B) x Ch. Lointaine - Octagonal
9.3h chestnut colt

He’s the third foal for his dam. The oldest is a filly and she will start training soon. Lointaine will be bred to ICh. Blue Smoke.

[color=red]CARB COUNTER[/color]
NCh. Space Chips x Time To Go - WCh. Gotta Go (S)
9.3h bay filly

First and only foal for her dam, as she is now retired. 3x3 inbred to Times Ebony, a platinum broodmare and dam of two stallions.

7 Colts | 2 Fillies

Absolutely love the name Cat Goes Fishing! XD

1 Like

[color=red]DEEPFAKE[/color]
NCh. Space Chips x Ch. Puede Que Haya - Monarchos
9.2h dark bay filly

Second foal for her dam. Puede Que Haya will be bred to Gun Runner if he stays around.

7 Colts | 3 Fillies

I have such beautiful foals this year.

[color=red]ECHO CHAMBER[/color]
WCh. Brigade (B) x Ch. Razamatazz - ICh. V is for Victory
10.0h black filly

Huge black filly, third daughter of her dam. The oldest has almost reached her minimal expected height, so she will begin training soon. Razamatazz stays in England to be bred to Golden Text.

[color=blue]ENTRYIST[/color]
NCh. Al Mundhir (B) x NCh. Winter Queen - FFCh. Foolhardy (S)
8.2h blood bay colt

3/4 brother to [color=blue]Ch. Scion[/color]. Fourth colt by our recently retired Al, and third foal for our millionaire mare. Her first born filly has quite a lot to grow, although she was born on January 1st, so we’re not starting her training yet. Winter Queen will be bred to Space Chips.

8 Colts | 4 Fillies

[color=blue]FLASHPACKER[/color]
NCh. Allinvain x Ch. Rally The Troops - War Chant (S)
9.3h bay colt

3x3 inbred to Alydar. First foal for his dam; she will visit Frankel if he’s in the game for another season.

9 Colts | 4 Fillies

[color=blue]GOOGLEGANGER[/color]
NCh. Space Chips x GCh. Private Party (B) - NCh. Sneak Peek (S)
9.2h black colt

1/2 brother to [color=green] Don Galante[/color]. I was supposed to give them some permaculture-related names, but a horse named Glomalin wouldn’t sound sexy… right? Private Party was one of my first stakes level racehorses. Later I sold her, and bought her back. I guess it’s time to sell her again… so I’m putting her up for an auction. I will just wait until Ch. Sirona and I’m No Mystery drop their foals, because they will be auctioned too.

10 Colts | 4 Fillies

Love the name.

1 Like

[color=red]HYPERMILER[/color]
FFCh. Black Cherry (S) x Ch. Ophelia (S) - Class Act (S)
8.2h blood bay filly

Beautiful blood bay! 1/2 sister to [color=blue]Ch. Grape Frank[/color]. I’m planning to breed Ophelia to NCh. Palermo next.

[color=blue]HOKUSAI[/color]
NCh. Ducati (B) x Ch. Sirona - Ch. Irish River (S)
9.2h chestnut colt

3x3 inbred to Highland Sorceress, a platinum ranked daughter of Highland Rogue. First foal for Sirona, and she will be auctioned together with GCh. Private Party, as soon as I’m No Mystery foals.

11 Colts | 5 Fillies

New Al Munhir boy!

[color=blue]INFLUENCER[/color]
NCh. Al Mundhir (B) x Ch. Opulent (G) - Ch. Irish River (S)
8.2h chestnut colt

1/2 brother to [color=blue]Ch. Ultimate Craving[/color], [color=red]Ch. Foolbetty[/color], [color=blue] Dóighiúil[/color]. Not sure who will be Opulent’s next date… maybe one of the real life studs.

12 Colts | 5 Fillies

Nice colt!

1 Like

Thanks! Al’s foals this year are all colts so far, I hope one of them becomes stud qualified.

Another Al Mundhir colt!

[color=blue]JOY OF MISSING OUT[/color]
NCh. Al Mundhir (B) x Ch. Blue Rabbit (B) - Created
7.3h strawberry roan colt

1/2 brother to [color=red] Just A Girl[/color]. Sixth foal for dam (she had one stillborn), but first at Clicker Lab. I bought her at the 2022 Annual Select Auction, in foal to Deep Impact, but the foal didn’t make it. Blue Rabbit will be bred to Space Chips.

13 Colts | 5 Fillies

I do love some JOMO.

1 Like

[color=blue]KEYPOINT[/color]
WCh. Sionnach x Pinoit - Created
9.3h black colt

Finally permaculture-related name! Keyline design is something developed in Australia in order to maximize the benefits of water resources on land, and redirect the flow to prevent floods and droughts. Australia should perhaps apply it more widely, to stop these fires!
Pinoit is now retired.

14 Colts | 5 Fillies

[color=red]LUUQ[/color]
NCh. Hidden Destiny (B) x Ch. Lady Ironsides (B) - Man O’War (S)
8.3h light grey filly

1/2 sister to [color=blue] Uprising[/color]. Luuq is a town in Somalia, which looks very peculiar on satellite photos, because it’s surrounded by a loop of Jubba River.
Lady Ironsides will be retired.

14 Colts | 6 Fillies

I’m No Mystery dropped her foal, which means auction time!

[color=blue]MORE MULCH[/color]
ICh. City Upon a Hill (B) x I’m No Mystery - FFCh. I’m No Fool
8.3h bay colt

This colt is 3x4 inbred to Rainbow Quest, 4x4 to What’s It Worth, 5x4x4 to Highland Rogue, and 3x4 to Great Things, a gold ranked broodmare. That’s a lot of inbreeding :stuck_out_tongue:
Mulching is a technique of adding lots of organic matter to soil, to prevent water loss and to enrich it. Ruth Stout, American author and gardener, was best known for this. She used to say that adding more mulch can solve all gardening problems.

15 Colts | 6 Fillies

The auction starts on Feb. 10th, there are three open broodmares and three 2yo’s. The highlight is Ängi, the first daughter of my amazing Millionaire mare, NCh. Winter Queen. Elfriede is also a very nice filly, out of gold ranked dam, and sired by our recently retired stallion Al Mundhir.

[center]Clicker Lab Auction[/center]

Broodmares:

2yo’s:

2 Likes

Two black foals, boy and girl!

[color=blue]PERENNIAL[/color]
NCh. Space Chips x Ch. A Sweet Melody - Octagonal
9.2h black colt

[color=red]ORGANIC[/color]
Frosted x GCh. Embellished (S) - GCh. Harvard Bound (B)
8.1h black filly

1/2 sister to [color=blue] D’Annunzio[/color]. Embellished will be bred to Gun Runner.

16 Colts | 7 Fillies