Captain's Promise

I’m considering retiring [color=red]Captain’s Promise to brood after the taxes have been taken.

1, do you think I should retire her or keep her running
2 who should I breed her too (preferably to produce a dirt foal, perhaps endurance.) Though it appears she was better on turf 
I was thinking of [color=blue]Yes Its Paddy

It’s possible she’s done poorly due to low NE. But since she’s 4, it’s also possible that she’s over the hill. Your call on whether or not you want to spend taxes on her.

Her granddam has crossed well with Easy Goer (Sire of Simply Heroic). It’s hard to tell who she’ll cross well with. Her lines are rather unique. No Duplicate has crossed well with mares by Lucky Cigar, Highland Rogue, Planet Hollywood, and A.P. Indy.  Captain Jack mares have crossed well with High Chances, King David, and The Fightin’ Fifty.

There’s no reason not to breed her to Yes It’s Paddy. You might even get something nicer than what’s already been bred. =)

I’m of the opinion that if a horse hasn’t made it by the time he/she is four, it’s sell or breed.

The studs Cat has mentioned would be a good place to start.

This year was a her best year, so I’ll rest her up and run her again in 2016, as she spent nearly a month sitting at woodbine before the lease ended. If she flumps that then I’ll retire her.

Thanks for the hints, looks like I have a wide field to play with