Broodmare Lease board

We have the Stallions at Stud board, but I think a “Broodmares for Lease” board would also be really useful. Currently people are posting them in the General Discussion of the breeding forum (which is perfectly fine by me, but the board is initially meant for “General comments or questions about breeding.”). Basically I just think it might be cool and helpful if those of us with massive broodmare herds who don’t plan on breeding all our mares can post and advertise mares open for lease in a designated forum. And people can maybe “reserve” mares for leases (ex: a mare isn’t due until March, but the owner plans on leasing the mare for the following season but doesn’t want to until the foal has been born, so the owner can advertise the mare early and see if there are any bites). Plus those shopping for lease mares have one central location to go to.

I know mares are listed on the Horses for Sale page, but we advertise studs on the forum when we have a list of said studs under Stallion Stats. Pre-leasing reminds me of booking breeding slots, in a sense.

I guess I should first ask what people even think of this idea, but I thought I’d pitch it, nonetheless!

Sounds like a good thought to me

I created a board to go along with the horses for sale one.

Thanks Shanthi!