Brief Intro

Hola! I’m Claire and I just sent in my form to join your community. I’ve always had a passion (obsession?) with Thoroughbred racehorses, and have played many types of horse sim games in the past. Final Furlong was too intriguing to pass up, so here I am.

I’m excited to learn the ropes and get my stable together. Perhaps I will get to know some of you a little better in the process. :slight_smile:

• Claire Lee

Wow, I just read that I’m #147 on the waiting list, and my expected entry date is February of next year. Yikes.  :stuck_out_tongue:

As has been explained countless times on countless threads, that date will change.
Protip: Reading all the threads that you can will really help you in the long run.  It tells you about problems/questions that have been adressed and saves you the trouble of having to ask :wink:

:smiley: Welcome to Final Furlong! Where horsey dreams come true!!! Mwahahaha! Hope you like it here! Also, reading the FAQ and the Rules are helpful, as well as the Forum rules. There is a whole lot of information on the boards, and its best if you ruffle through it as best you can… (if you need help, you may message me if ya like ;3).

Take care and I hope you like it here!

EDIT: Yeah. I just realized I typed “hope you like it here” twice. ::) Hahaha. I’m tired, apparently. (OR–I just REALLY hope you like it here? :stuck_out_tongue: )

Welcome to Final Furlong!

Thanks for the protip. I received an e-mail from Shanthi the next afternoon. I have spent the last few days skimming the threads for tips; I’m quite experienced with realistic Thoroughbred race games, so that helps a bit. It was just a bit discouraging to see that date after sending in my form and looking around a bit. But it’s all good.

Anyway, I’ve got my two geldings entered in races for next Wednesday so now I’m just playing the waiting game. Hopefully I didn’t place them horribly.  :stuck_out_tongue: There wasn’t a whole lot of research to be done.

That’s kind of the point. (insert evil grin  >:D).  Members who get immediately discouraged by the long wait aren’t likely to like the game much anyway…so the waiting list gives preference to those people who at least still bother to say hi on the forum/be active in some way, despite the wait.  (And thus it gives them a happy surprise when they don’t have to wait!  Though really, it says all that in the FAQ, so it’s not really a “secret”, either.)

Good luck at the races on Wednesday!

I remember reading that, it was still a bit of a shock to see a date so far in the future. At any rate, I’m glad it was a façade.

See you around!