Breeders' Series Question

So, I’ve been going over all the old posts regarding the Breeders’ Series, and I’m still just a tad confused. So, I understand that both the Breeders’ Cup and the Breeders’ Series require nominations in order for horses to race in them, despite still showing up in the schedule search after checking the “does not require nomination” box. (Bug, maybe?)

The Breeders’ Cup is pretty easy to spot in the schedule, but am I understanding right that the Breeders’ Stakes races at the end of the year are what make up the Breeders’ Series? I noticed nominations for that set of races are required to be submitted in January, and that it seems to only refer to horses you’ve bred. So I’m guessing horses you didn’t breed and who haven’t been nominated by their breeders are just out of luck?

These probably all sound like really dumb questions, but I’d appreciate any clarification I can get.

Hm, yes, I think the search will still be going off the old collection of races that did require nomination (for the individual race, not a set of races). I’ll see if I can fix that.

Pretty much. You have to rely on the breeder to have nominated your horse’s crop at the start of the year. (Note: FF does not nominate, so any FF-bred horses are automatically not qualified.)

Ohhh, ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification! Guess my ponies will have to wait till next year for a chance at those races. XD