Breeder's Cup

I am curious…  I have never had such consistant runners AND money in the bank account to afford a Breeder’s Cup entry, so I’m a bit fuzzy on how it all works.  I have several questions:

1. How long are late nominations open?

2. How many horses can each stable enter per race?

3. I saw that the late nominations shows what ranking the horse will have against qualified horses, which of course does not necessarily indicate the talent, but the races that the pony has been present for and done well.  I have a super-talented, undefeated 2YO filly…but she’s only started 3 times so far.  Still, her SFs are consistantly high.  It says she will be #10 if nominated for the Juvenile Fillies Turf.  Is this rash?  I really think she’s got the talent to carry her through the race, and 10 isn’t a terrible ranking…

4. Is it better to submit your own homebreds if possible, versus a comparable horse you own that you did not breed, if you feel the talent is pretty much equal?

5. What about horses that would be ranked #14 - it’s a bit of a close call, as it would only take one other late entry to bump her off the “definitely can enter” list.  What are the odds that I’d still be able to run her in the race?  Obviously, I don’t want to post a late nomination fee, and then not be able to enter her, if at all possible.

Indefinitely, really. I think you could late nominate on the day of the race (though obviously it’d be too late to enter the race).

As many as will fit. The top 14 qualified get to enter first, and then the others on the list can enter. (This is just a “social” rule, though, the code doesn’t actually enforce it.) But if you own 5 horses in the top 14 for a race, you could enter all 5.

[quote]
3) I saw that the late nominations shows what ranking the horse will have against qualified horses, which of course does not necessarily indicate the talent, but the races that the pony has been present for and done well.  I have a super-talented, undefeated 2YO filly…but she’s only started 3 times so far.  Still, her SFs are consistantly high.  It says she will be #10 if nominated for the Juvenile Fillies Turf.  Is this rash?  I really think she’s got the talent to carry her through the race, and 10 isn’t a terrible ranking

I have a couple of questions about the BC Qualifiers lists.

1. I will use a specific horse in a specific race as an example, in this case, Loveofthegame in the BC Sprint over 6 furlongs on Dirt. According to the list, he has 5 SW, 2 SP and 0 Allowance Wins. Looking at his racing record for 2018, his SW have been at 6f (3x), 5.5f (1) and 7f (1) and his SP’s have been at 5.5f & 6f (1 each).
    I am curious to find out what distances are considered for the “Sprints”, “Miles”, “Classics”, “Turfs” & “Distaff”, also the SC “Endurances”?

2. Am I correct in assuming that, for the BC (& BS???) rankings, SP only includes 2nd & 3rd, not 4th?

3. Am I correct in assuming that Ungraded Stakes are included in the SW & SP figures?

4 (I am sure this question has been answered within the last few years but I can’t find where, so pardon my asking it again). How many points are an SW worth, an SP and an Allowance Win?