Breeder's Cup/Stakes Standings Blank

I hadn’t thought of it that way, but I guess it makes sense. I just was thinking that it was based on the number of horses that qualify, because if it’s only based on those nominated now, you could nominate a horse that the list says is #10, then 10 other horses more qualified could be nominated and suddenly your horse is #20 and your nomination really does go to waste. It makes it a lot harder to judge how good the horse actually is and whether or not the money is really worth the gamble.

So, not sure if the rankings are updating or not. My mare Kiss The Fool just won the G1 Flower Bowl Invitational (10.5f Turf). She also won the 9f Early Times Mint Julep and came second in the 10f Suburban Handicap. She is lifetime nominated for the BC. I think she ought to qualify for the Filly & Mare Turf since it’s 10f, but she doesn’t show up in the top 20 despite the fact that most listed qualifiers haven’t had a stakes win at all.

Yes, I think the update that runs after each race day is broken, but haven’t had a chance to investigate.

1 Like

Ok. I’ll be patient. Lol.

Just doing a bit of planning. In the SC Classic Crisp Rum only showing as on 21 pts should be 65
In SC Sprint Jaded Myth on 94 but should be 136?

The points are only from the races that qualify towards that race. Crisp Run gets counted for allowance and stakes level races from 9-15f, so his maiden win and 17f win aren’t counted. Jaded Myth doesn’t get counted for his 11f in the Sprint.

Ok thanks, I always get something wrong around breeders cup races :joy: