Breed Rankings Question

Ok, so I apologize in advance if this has come up before, but I searched the forums and didn’t find anything.

I’ve been playing this game for a few years now, and I was wondering exactly how breed ranking is determined for broodmares. I’ve read the FAQ and all the forum posts I could find on it, but I still don’t get it. I know that it has to do with a points system and all that, but it doesn’t make sense to me that you can have one mare with a silver ranking who only has 2 foals - one a winner, the other unraced - and yet have another mare with no breed ranking and 5 foals - winners, SW winners, placers, and unraced. Is there a reason behind this?

The first mare would have a breed ranking thanks to the winning foal (especially if it’s a 2yo who’s lightly raced and/or high ratio of wins to starts).

What’s the other mare? She should have a ranking of some sort.

The main one I was thinking of was my broodmare, Ch. Fairly Persistent (finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=2826). Her first foal, who is 4 this year, is a multi-winner/placed, and her second, a 3-year-old, won a stakes race in his 2-year-old year. Even though both are lightly raced, shouldn’t she have some sort of ranking? Or do they need to run more first?

Good catch - the database had all the info for her as far as foals and their races, but hadn’t applied the formula correctly so didn’t give her a ranking.

Fixed that, along with 230 other mares in the same position.

Also, if you go here it outlines the requirements so you check the math yourself. finalfurlong.org/breedrankings.php

Your mare has an average point score of 6.1, which is good enough for Gold ranking. However, gold requires at least 30 races from foals, and your mare only has 13, so she’ll get upgraded once her foals have another 17 starts (assuming she still has at least 6.1 average points, a dud foal could drop her back into Silver territory).

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Awesome! Thanks! ^-^

Gonna revive this old post since it seems the same issue is happening again.

All Those Glasses - 6 foals/4 racers/2 winners
Ch. Club Liquid - 4 foals/2 racers/2 winners
Ch. Dodge The Draft - 5 foals/3 racers/2 winners

Not a huge issue necessarily, but would be nice to see how they rank if possible.

If it’s okay, I’m going to ask about a few of mine as well who show as unranked:

Candy Girl - 3 foals: 2 runners, 1 MSW and 1 winner. Breed Rank avg. 13.6 points.
Cherry Cheesecake - 5 foals: 3 runners, 1 MSW and 1 SW. Breed Rank avg. 9.5 points.
GCh. June My Love - 5 foals: 3 runners, all winners, with a MSW 2yo, SW and winner. Breed Rank avg. 5 points.
Ch. Magic Jester - 6 foals, 4 runners, 3 winners (1 SW). Breed Rank avg. 4.4 points.

Makes me want to check all my mares now, haha.