Bragging time..

Ive only got one horse this time. I had my eye on tap dance, but I can’t outbid KindleHope Farms without going bankrupt :wink:

Never Never Land was my purchase. He is a 16h blue roan colt with a bald face. I bought him partly because he had a pretty color, partly because he’s Redemptions uncle, and partly because instinct told me to. :lol: His sire, Count Fleet, has produced a couple of stakes quality horses such as GCh. Count Me In and ICh. Clendon Park. His dam, Dreams Never End, has only produced one stakes horse herself and her daughters are largely unproven yet, having foaled only a few youngsters theirselves.

I wanted Highland Desperado and Alaskan Wildcat but i couldn’t afford her! So i just bough Desperado.
Ch. Highland Desperado a 6 year old pretty grey gelding. He is huge! 17.2 hands and looks ginormous compared to little Victoryonmymind (15.2 hh) who is his pastermate. He has some nice lines. He is by Highland Rouge and out of NCh. You Belong. He is a very nice grade 1,2 steeplechase horse!

Welp, Morning Star Farms finally has a purchase to brag about!

Blarney Irish River x Sugary Lips. This weanling colt is 1/2 to MSW McJager and SP Rum Runner. Nearly every foal by Irish River is a SWer or SPer, We’re excited to add this fine colt to our weanling barn. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

YAY!

WHOOOO!

Definitly spent more money on this auction than I’ve ever spent ever! BUT I figured what’s the point of having money if I’m not going to get the horses I want. So I went for them and they were…

BONFIRE (Highland Rogue x Evening Flame)- Select Auction SALES TOPPER!
BEAUTIFUL, black 17h mare. Large and in charge. Only won one stakes as a racehorse but compared to current standards was very lightly raced and won against the ELITE mares of the day several times. Also held her own against the elite of the boys-some of FF’s greats!
Comes from a great family, being a 1/2 sister to MSW’S EVENING TWILIGHT, TWILIGHT EMBERS(yes the filly that won the Breeder’s Cup CLASSIC last year) and SW Dark Flame II and SP Lucky Evening. Plus her H.Rogue side is notorious for producing the best of FF and has been a great sire of sires and an excellent broodmare sire too!
AND she’s ift one of my fav’s Planet Hollywood-so that’ll be a NICE foal!
I have plans to breed her to Irish River next season to make a 3/4 sibling to Twilight Embers. What can I say…I’m in love! :wink:

IRISH PRIDE (Boldness Shows x Lymerick)
I already have one Lymerick mare but I just couldn’t stop myself from getting another…I just love that mare! Lymerick, for those of you who didn’t know is a Reine de Course mare and dam of top notch sire Irish River! Irish Pride is a young unraced 2yo filly and her sire is pretty new to the business but a good racer in his day and already has a decent foal crop. I’m looking forward to racing little Irish Pride, I have a feeling she’ll have some surprises in store for FF. :wink:

THAT’S THEM! What can I say, I have expensive taste!! Better go sell some horses to get some money back… :lol:

Good luck with Blarney. I hated to see him go but I hope he does well for you!

This auctions kind of a laugh for me…
I MUST say though… It’s a darn SHAME that Secretz only went for $500,000… :wink: Well done and Good luck with her Holly. She’s a beautiful filly. Irish Pride too was spectacular. Well fought Jade. :slight_smile:

I think I did pretty well; I didn’t break the bank which is ALWAYS a good sign.
Eskimo Kisses was sort of an impulse buy. And I’ve always wanted a brown horse… :slight_smile:She’s in foal to Lonesome Glory which I’m REALLY excited about. But we’ll see how she plays out; with stallions retiring I’m trying to slowly build up my tiny 15 member broodmare band.

And I’m waiting on Tap Dance; my bid still has 30 mins to stand. I SO excited about this little girl… I don’t want to jinx myself so I’ll wait until I officially have her to gush about her… :smiley:

Hey, I thought the reserves were pretty reasonable until certain people ended going insane and bidding multi-millions on horses just 'cause they’re related to Rogue. :wink: (For the record, I don’t think I would’ve sold Rogue himself for more than a mil or so…it’s not like he’d quickly earn that back in the breeding shed…)

$100,000 is a bit pricey just for a certain color. :wink: But then, I shouldn’t talk…lead a pretty grey past me and I whip out my checkbook.

Oh no no no no! I didn’t mean the prices… I meant my lack of a role/participation in the auction… I’m laughing at myself… I would’ve fought long and hard for a particular filly Secretz , but I went away for the weekend and forgot about the auction… :shock:

Actually speaking of ungodly prices… Did you guys hear that a new record was set (I think at the Keenland Select) just a couple days ago? A Storm Cat colt out of GI winner Tranquility Lake… He’s beautiful… 9.7 Million I think? WOW

Sorry for the confusion… overall I thought it was a SPECTACULAR auction actually… I never thought some of the prices would go as high as they did… Although… it’s not done yet…

Ta Ta Kids…

Although I think that people definitly would have paid millions and millions just to HAVE Rogue he never would have earned it back I don’t think, our stud fees haven’t quite reached the premium prices that RL stud fees have(ie, Storm Cat’s stud fee in RL is 500k now?)

But with mares its another story in this game. Yes I’ll admit with Bonfire’s it would be hard to get her to earn it back but if I bred her right and sold a lot of her foals as yearlings or maybe 2yo’s unraced, looking at some prices paid for some of the young horses this week, I’m pretty confident I would get it back. But I’m not going to do that, I bought her for her foals and what I would have to pay for them if bred to some quality studs.

Its kinda funny how mares have taken comand as being the important and fought over ones in this game. For example I know a lot of the young, expensive fillies in the Select Auction never would have reached the high prices that they did if they had been colts. Because with a colt, even IF they become a SW they have to be a REALLY spectacular SW to become even BECOME a stud, and getting a decent amount of mares every year is another story-very tough. But with mares, they can always be used later to enrich your stable’s gene pool. I bet if Peacock was a filly he would have gone for more than the million he did(I would have bid on him too actually but I was out of town and missed him).
Moral of the story :wink: GO GIRLS!

Oh, yes, you have no idea how very very VERY fortunate I feel. Secretz and Wide Awake (Secretariat X Winning Class) are pasture buddies now. :smiley: Well, until Wide Awake discovers he’s a stallion…poor foal would come out with 5 legs and a twitch in it’s right eye!

woohoo we got another weanling to add to our collection. Making a grand total of 4.

Gemini ( Heza Gallant Gent x Snowcapped) he’s half to SW Highland Snow, and Tweeder. All of Snowcapped foals are at least winners :slight_smile: Very happy to have this addition to the future of Morning Star Farms.

Is there going to be an opportunity for those stables that purchased the max amount of horses to bid again on the horses who haven’t been sold yet? :smiley:

Yeah, I’ll set it up so that everyone can purchase up to 6 horses, since the bidding seems to have stopped on the remaining 4.

Well I guess I can kinda brag about my auction purchases…

I managed to get High Times, a SW daughter of Highland Rogue and Times Ebony. She’s 1/2 to multi Gr.1 winners Gotta Go and Nightfight. She’ll race this year for me and then head to What’s It Worth next year.

Also, I purchased three yearling fillies including Unshakeable, a 1/2 to Gold Fever and the great King David, Best Impression, a half to Make An Inmpression, Lasting Impression and also related to 2-Y-O Gr.1 winner Last Cigar, and While It Lasts, out of a stakes winner who is half to a number of fine stakes horses including The First and a couple of others I can’t be bothered looking up at the moment.

So yeah, pretty happy with the fact I managed to salvage these guys! :slight_smile: High Times is going to make a nice foundation mare for Vaucluse Farms new breeding program we hope to get up and running from next year!

Cheers guys!

We only bought one broodmare at the auction as I am trying to keep them quality up and the quantity down.

Edgewood stud is proud to introduce"Light my way" out of famed sire What’s it worth and ch. broodmare who also beat dream skipper when the two where racing Brighty burning. This broodmare should do great things to Edgewood Stud and look for her foals in the near future.

Okay, we gave in and bought just one more…

Storybook Farms is proud to add…

ICh. Highland Magic to our stallion line up. This Highland Rogue son is out of Dark Magic and is 1/2 to MSW Candidate and SWs Harry Potter and Making Magic. On the track he finished with a record of 13(11)-10(8)-2(2)-0-1(1) with his only 4th coming at age 2 and only being beaten once as a 3yo. He won over 5 million in his lifetime, putting him 5th for earnings in the pre-2008 (real time) era and his 8 SWs is enough to tie him for 7th most SWs for a horse. He was voted 2004 2yo Colt of the Year and 2005’s SC Colt of the Year. He’s got 2 nice looking colts headed to the track next year and 5 foals hit the ground this year.

I’ve gone ahead and nominated his current crops to the Breeder’s Cup and his stud fee will stay around 10,000 (with discounts available to newbies of course).

:smiley: I can go ahead and get Rogue bloodlines in my stable now that everyone’s all obsessed about Worth instead :wink:

hey all…
yeah, we thought we were done with the auction after Eskimo Kisses and Tap Dance… (who I’m REALLY excited about in case I haven’t gushed enough already :smiley: )
But we decided to also add No Hurry to the KindleHope bunch… She’s half to MSW. Storming River and by ICh. Worth The Wait. (Word to being obsessed about Worth bloodlines) :smiley: