Blue Diamond Stakes 2018 (Feb. 24) - Written By & Gifted Detail

There are big 2yo races too! In real life this race has already been run.

“The Blue Diamond Stakes is a Melbourne Racing Club Group 1 Thoroughbred horse race for two-year-olds, at set weights, run over 1200 metres at Caulfield Racecourse in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. The event is Victoria’s richest two-year-old race with total prize money of A$1,500,000.”

[align=center]The FF Blue Diamond Stakes info:

Date
2022-07-28

Race
Blue Diamond Stakes (Gr. 1)

Surface
Dirt

Distance
6 furlongs

Purse
$1,000,000[/align]

Links:

Written By (video) - Written By wins the 2018 race

Blue Diamond Stakes - Wikipedia

Past winners in real life:

• 2016 - Extreme Choice
  • 2017 -Catchy
  • 2018 - Written By

Past Final Furlong winners:

I don’t seem to have any 2yo superstars for this; maybe [color=blue]¡A ver! is the best of colts (rather surprisingly), but he seems to be a turf horse. [color=blue]Insenso and [color=blue]Overkill seem to do well on dirt, but are they good enough… Or maybe I should enter [color=red]Wiry Feeling?

Entries for Final Furlong’s Blue Diamond Stakes are now open! It will run on the same day as the real life King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (28 July).

Decided to enter Gifted Detail. Hoping it’s a good move since he’ll only have less than a 2 week break after winning the Del Mar Futurity last week.

I’m Entering Long Island. She placed in the G2 Schuylerville early in the month and is by FFCh. Foolhardy § out of GCh. Solo Sunset. Fingers crossed!

I have Ladykiller entered, who was 3rd last time out in the G3 Kentucky Breeders’ Cup. Hasn’t been worse than 3rd in 3 starts so far.

Congratulations for the win! That was almost a full field - 13 horses, including some stakes winners.

Yay! So excited :smiley: He had some serious competition!

Congrats! I chickened out and scratched Ladykiller; we will aim for a turf race in August.

Especially happy for Gifted Detail continuing his streak, as I own a yearling half-sister. :smiley: