Black Storm '22 - NCh. French Ruby, NCH. Nobly Regal

[color=blue]NCh. French Ruby
2010 Chestnut Stallion, 16.3hh
Lit de Justice (G) - Ch. Ruby Slippers (G)
Breeders’ Cup Nominated [2022]

Race Record
62(39): 12(8 ) - 7(6) - 6(6) - 9(6) // $2,386,100

Notable Achievements
WON: Breeders’ Cup SC Sprint (G1), Vosburgh Stakes (G1), Dunston Handicap (G1), Sparkford Chase (G2), Dunston Handicap (G2)
PLACED: Morningstar Stakes (G1), Secret of Love Stakes (G1), Champion Hurdle (G2), Independent Novice (G2), San Rafael Stakes (G2)
SHOWED: Hard Scuffle (G1),  Meadow Brook Stakes (G1), Ascot Gold Cup (G1), Pillar Steeplechase (G2)

French Ruby was primarily a steeplechase horse, and many of his foals seem to be going this direction. However, he did perform well at dirt sprints and some of his foals have done well on the dirt.

Family
Half to four champions including MSW Ch. Red Fox, Scarlet Seas (Bronze: 2/6 winners, all placed), Vixen (Bronze: 3/6 winners, incl. 1 SP), and Foxy Ruby whose only raced foal has hit the board 6/8 times. Lit de Justice sired 24 foals, 7 stakes winners, and 4 multiple stakes winners including WCh. Subzero Justice, GCh. Justice Served, and GCh. Supreme Justice. He is the sire of ranked broodmares Ch. Ellies Gift (S) and Lit de Lilly (G) – dam of GCh. Lucky Lilly, Ch. Bold Lily, and Ch. Good as Gold.

BRONZE Ranked
Foals seem to do best at 3 years of age and older, SC preference. Notable runners include Army Wife (G2 Queensland Stakes), St. James (G3 Gotham Stakes), Swanheart (2nd G1 Wood Memorial), French Rose (3rd G2 Del Mar Derby), Eponine (3rd Ruthless Stakes, 2 SC speed records), Arc de Triomphe (3rd G3 Derby Trial, 3rd Ungr. Old Hat Stakes), Cabrette (3rd Ungr. Yaddo Stakes), and Oeuvre (4th G3 La Habra Stakes).

FULLY BOOKED
Feb 1a - Black Storm Stables
Feb 1b - Dream Alone (Darkwood Stables)
Feb 2a - Black Storm Stables
Feb 2b - Black Storm Stables
Mar 1a - Black Storm Stables
Mar 1b - Black Storm Stables
Mar 2a - Black Storm Stables
Mar 2b - Highland Debate (Denoux Stud)
Mar 3a - Special Chance (Beli Stables)
Mar 3b - In the Loop (Generous Bloodstock)
Apr 1a - Crack the Code (Beli Stables)
Apr 1b - Black Storm Stables
Apr 2a - Getaway Girl (WildOracle Farm)
Apr 2b - Sparkle (Rainee Thoroughbreds)
May 1a - Rebel Yell (Stillwater Farms)
May 1b - Taste of Love (Blackhawk Ridge)
May 2a - Sleep In Peace (Tall Oaks Farm)
May 2b - More Than Fine (Blackhawk Ridge)
Jun 1a - Honeybird (Black Storm Stables)
Jun 1b - Cherokee Magic (Marshall Creek Ranch)
Jun 2a - Danzintothetop (Generous Bloodstock)
Jun 2b - Northern Comet (Shir Stables)
Jul 1a - Delightful Queen (Beli Stables)
Jul 1b - Titania (Black Storm West)
Jul 2a - Black Storm Stables
Jul 2b - La Femme Nikita (WildOracle Farm)
Aug 1a - Black Storm Stables
Aug 1b - Jovial Chic (Blackhawk Ridge)
Aug 2a - Strange Encounter (Generous Bloodstock)
Aug 2b - One Hot Romance (WildOracle Farm)

[color=blue]NCh. Nobly Regal
2011 Dark Bay Stallion, 16.0hh
Danzig (G) - Delightful Natalie (G)
Breeders’ Cup Nominated [2022]

Race Record
39(31): 12(10) - 8(6) - 4(2) - 7(6) // $2,200,200

Notable Achievements
WON: Australian Cup (G1), Canterbury Guineas (G1), George Ryder Stakes  (G1), Saratoga Special (G2), Royal Sovereign Stakes (G2), Chelmsford Stakes (G2)
PLACED: Australian Derby (G1), Cadbury Guineas (G1), Ranvet Stakes (G1), Grand Prix Stakes (G2), Hardwick Stakes (G2), Mr. Prospector Handicap (G3)
SHOWED: Queen Elizabeth Stakes (G1), P.J. O’Shea Stakes (G2)

Hit the board 17/19 times on turf and 14/20 times on dirt with over $1 million in earnings on each surface. Set 2 speed records at 10f turf, but MSW at dirt sprints, long turf and long dirt. He did hit the board in 10/15 tries at the classic distance.

Family
Only son of Danzig at stud - Danzig is gold for both sire and broodmare sire. Danzig has also sired stallion Call of War (Bronze, 55% winners, 21 SW’s), 4 silver-ranked broodmares and 1 gold-ranked broodmare, and millionaires NCh. Danzigitty, NCh. Unfaltering, and NCh. Doc Hollywood. Half to Whirl of Rubies (Gold, dam of MSW’s GCh. Polly Gone and GCh. Delightfully Black), SW Ch. Unbridled Delight (dam of SW Unimpeded), and Delightful Indy (Bronze, dam of 3 SW’s and 3 SP’s).

BRONZE Ranked
Foals seem to excel at all three surfaces, with emphasis on classic and long distances. Notable runners include Ch. Regal Prince (G2 Sannon’s Stakes, G2 Theo Marks Stakes), Ch. Falsehood (G3 Concorde Stakes, G3 Early Times Mint Julep Stakes), Ch. Cersei (G3 Jaipur Stakes), Professor Plum (G3 Westchester), Delicatessen (G3 Next Move Stakes), Ardent South (2nd G2 Finesse Juvenile), and Amusing Protest (2nd G1 Highland Rogue Stakes).

Standing for $3,000 LFG
Feb 1a - Max’s Beau (Freedom Acres)
Feb 1b - Vaishya (Gintara Lodge)
Feb 2a - Miss Maddycake (Markos)
Feb 2b - On The Road Again (North Oak Farms Inc.)
Mar 1a - Elegant Denae (Markos)
Mar 1b - Must Be Sugar (Markos)
Mar 2a - The Graduate (Cricket Hill)
Mar 2b - USS Enterprise (RC Bee)
Mar 3a - Silent Witness (Markos)
Mar 3b - Helena (Black Storm Stables)
Apr 1a - Home From the War (Markos)
Apr 1b - Suliban (Blackhawk Ridge)
Apr 2a - Walks on Water (Blackhawk Ridge)
Apr 2b - This I Believe (Blackhawk Ridge)
May 1a - Black Storm Stables
May 1b - Black Storm Stables
May 2a - Black Storm Stables
May 2b - Black Storm Stables
Jun 1a - She Will Fly (Denoux Stud)
Jun 1b - Belle Esprit (Generous Bloodstock)
Jun 2a - Encouragement (Kismet Thoroughbreds)
Jun 2b - Fifty Not Out (Blackhawk Ridge)
Jul 1a - Black Storm Stables
Jul 1b - Amaranthe (Denoux Stud)
Jul 2a - Black Storm Stables
Jul 2b - Black Storm Stables
Aug 1a - Black Storm Stables
Aug 1b - Miss Haz a Secret (Blackhawk Ridge)
Aug 2a - Lonely Planet (Kismet Thoroughbreds)
Aug 2b -

Can I get a March 3 slot to French Ruby for In The Loop please, Shelbie?

Can I get March 1a for Yes Its Paddy for my mare Spice Spice Baby?

Both booked.

Can I get French Ruby’s Mar 2a for my mare Highland Debate?

I have you down, Willa!

Our turkey day didn’t start as planned, as we awoke to the unexpected retirement of NCh. Yes It’s Paddy. We had just purchased him this past May and was looking forward to many years of foals. His final crop, due next year, are 30 strong with 7 expected at the farm. He has just two yearlings and no weanlings, so we’re hopeful for good things from his final crop.

We do own one broodmare daughter of his, so we look forward to her future babies in the near future! Now we have even bigger reasons to try and get a few old racehorses studified.  :wink:

So sorry to hear he was retired <3

I have one broodmare in foal to him, and will have to replan a couple breedings.

Oh no, so sorry to hear that Shelbie.

Oh that is so frustrating!!!
That happened with my first stallion, too (Witness). I got 1 1/2 seasons with him, but thankfully I also scooped up one of his lightly raced 2YOs along the way and managed to get him to studhood (Bear Witness). Here’s hoping you’ll have similar luck in that regard!

Can I have Mar 2b for French Ruby for Special Chance? And Mar 3b for Crack the Code?

Sorry to hear about Yes It’s Paddy, he was my first choice for my 2 of 3 of my mares! (You could have noticed from last years post which I realized it was the wrong year thanks to willagrey for letting me know!) Hopefully his foals and grandfoals will continue his bloodline!

Thanks Nash! I’ve added both bookings to Ruby.

Could I get a June 2 spot to Ruby for Danzintothetop please? Thank you.

Done.

Hi Shelbie, Danzintothetop

Oops, sorry about that! She’s been fixed.

May I have a May 1 spot for Rebel Yell? Thanks!

May I have another slot for French Ruby on 1a June for Delightful Queen?

Got you, Nash!

All breeding requests so far have been booked.

Thanks to everyone who has bred to him so far this year! He has just 2 August slots left.

A few of his foals have been hitting the board in flat stakes races, and this weekend we have a homebred aimed at a stakes SC. Fingers crossed as his foals get older.