Black Storm 2024 Foals

Some BIG boys tonight.

DUNE, 10.2h blue roan colt
American Pharoah (B) x GCh. Moon Eclipse (S) - Created
Purchased in-foal, this is the first colt for his MSW dam and half to SP’s Celestial and Ch. Nocturnal. Very excited for this big AP colt. Moon Eclipse will visit Straticus for 2025.

TAHAROA, 10.0h chestnut colt
NCh. Lucky Streak (S) x Townsend Victory (G) - Man O’War (S)
Townsend Victory continues to give me mostly boys. Half to MSW’s
Ch. T’Pau, Ch. Talosian, and Thalmerite, and SW’s Ch. Temarak, Ch. Taleen, Toxic, and SP Ch. Tarchannen. Townsend Victory will visit Blue Smoke for 2025.

26 Colts | 25 Fillies | 1 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death

MAN ON THE MOON, 9.2h dark bay colt
ICh. Blue Smoke (B) x Secrets ofthe Moon - Distinct Possibili (S)
His only half-sib is a now-8yo mare who ran 3rd in her only lifetime start (at 4) and is now a broomare, so who knows what he might do. Dam set 3 speed records an was G2P. Secrets ofthe Moon is consigned to our current March auction with a 10k reserve.

Stillborn colt
NCh. Straticus x Ch. Talisman (B) - WCh. Nightfight (S)
Talisman will be sent back to Straticus to try again.

26 Colts | 24 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death

Colts back in the lead with this early arrival.

KIERKEGAARD, 8.1h black colt
(https://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=48604)
NCh. Player (S) x At War With Love - Created
At War With Love’s foals will be complete mysteries until they start running. She will visit Ancient Magic for 2025.

28 Colts | 24 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death

Nice colt.

Also happy birthday! :cake:

1 Like

Thanks @Shanthi!

Two tiny girls arrived about 3 weeks early. Babies and mommas doing fine.

SANTA ROSA, 7.1h bay filly
(https://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=48403)
ICh. Calle de Oro (B) x Ch. Filly from Chile (G) - Bold Ruler (S)
Half to MSW Ch. Color Run, SW’s Ch. Caleuche and Ch. Samba, and SP’s Lapageria and Ch. Frost on Tap. Filly from Chile will visit Straticus for 2025.

FLUTTERMOUSE, 8.0h black filly
(https://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=48620)
NCh. Last For More (B) x Nightfall (B) - Planet Hollywood (S)
Recently discovered “bat” in German is also “fledermaus,” literally “fluttermouse” and I had just the mare in mind. Half to MSP Rose of Obsidian and SP Roman Crow. Nightfall is for sale.

28 Colts | 26 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death

1 Like

Lovely fillies.

Finally!

SEAGLASS, 9.1h dark bay filly
NCh. Daredevil Dan (S) x Ch. Sea Salt - Rock of Gibraltar
Sea Salt was really making us sweat; this girl was originally due March 3rd. First foal for her MSW/MG1P dam. Sea Salt will visit Blue Smoke next.

28 Colts | 26 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death

47 to go, so roughly halfway there.

1 Like

Love the name.

Thanks!

MATCHING COLORS, 9.1h chestnut colt
NCh. Aptitude (B) x Match Me Up (G) - Created
Very flashy chestnut. Half to NCh. Gang of Thieves, GCh. Knight’s Match, Ch. Mr. Fredrickson, and Ch. Street Fighter. Bred on a lease, Match Me Up has returned to Denoux Stud.

SINGLE SUGAR, 9.1h chestnut filly
NCh. Straticus x Ch. National Sugar - NCh. National Post
Another striking chestnut – lots of chrome! First foal for MSP dam. National Sugar will visit Nobly Regal for 2025.

29 Colts | 28 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death - 45 Due

2 Likes

Fillies caught up!

CORONATION DAY, 9.1h bay filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Ch. Carry the Day - ICh. V is for Victory
Third foal and filly for MSW dam. Happy the name wasn’t taken! Strangely excited for this cross as Nobly Regal’s foals seem to be improving. Carry the Day will visit Tir Na Nog for 2025.

29 Colts | 29 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death - 44 Due (including 2 overdue March mares)

Great name!

ERASMUS, 9.1h chestnut colt
NCh. Straticus x Boston Harbor (S) - Created
Half to MSW’s Ch. II Good IX U and Ch. Superstorm Sandy, and SW’s Ch. Trick Me Once and Ch. Sydney Harbour. Unfortunately it was a difficult foaling and Boston Harbor was retired.

Blue Smoke now has a May opening for anyone interested.

30 Colts | 29 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death | 1 Mare Retired - 43 due

FIREFLY CATHEDRAL, 8.0h black filly
NCh. Holy Warrior (B) x Bold Firefly (S) - Secretariat (S)
Half to MSW Spill Your Secrets. Unfortunately both her older race-age sibs have been inactive for years, but her dam is half to stallion NCh. Allinvain. Bold Firefly will visit Nobly Regal for 2025.

30 Colts | 30 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death | 1 Mare Retired - 42 Due

Final March foal dropped, and just 8 due this month.

ATHENA BALLERINA, 8.2h liver chestnut filly
NCh. Allinvain x Bold Tune - GCh. Simply Heroic (S)
Hard to say what she might do, but hoping for good things with Simply Heroic as broodmare sire and Worth My While in the topline. Bred on a lease, Bold Tune has returned to Denoux Stud.

30 Colts | 31 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death | 1 Mare Retired - 41 Due

FIMBULWINTER, 10.0h grey filly
NCh. Bellagio (S) x Fire and Ice (B) - ICh. Ring of Fire (B)
Nice big filly! 3/4 sister to GCh. Coquette, who in turn is half to MSW’s GCh. Allnighter II and Ch. Khione. “Fimbulwinter,” or fimbulvinter, is the “great winter” that occurs following Ragnarok, but it is also a term used today to refer to a harsh winter. Fire and Ice will visit Fool to Be Smokin’ for 2025.

IRON LACE, 9.3h bay filly
ICh. Blue Smoke (B) x Tinseltown - FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood (S)
First filly for her dam. Dam set 2 speed records over fences, but all the MSW’s in her damline have been on the flat so I’ve been hoping Tinseltown’s offspring takes after them. Tinseltown will visit Von Lichtenstein for 2025.

30 Colts | 33 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death | 1 Mare Retired - 39 Due

Big babies tonight.

BEDSIDE MANNER, 10.1h bay filly
ICh. Blue Smoke (B) x GCh. Hot Nurse (S) - Lonesome Glory (G)
Half to MSW Ch. Lipstickandmalice and 100% winners if you ignore her 2yo half-brother :laughing: . Hot Nurse will visit Straticus for 2025.

OPERA HOUSE, 10.0h dark bay colt
Talismanic x Ch. Opera Diva (B) - Sunday Silence (S)
Very surprised the name wasn’t taken! His 2yo half-brother just won his debut, so that’s promising. I loved Talismanic in RL, so excited to see how he does in FF. Opera Diva is consigned to the July Mixed Auction but is open to private offers.

31 Colts | 34 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death | 1 Mare Retired - 37 Due

PASTA BOWL, 8.3h dark bay filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x GCh. June My Love (G) - Created
Way back in the day created horses had fake sires/dams and June My Love’s dam was named Pasta Bowl. As “June” was my first big stakes runner, I decided I wanted to name a daughter in honor of the original Pasta Bowl…then I had 4 years of colts. :laughing: Half to MSW GCh. Lingerie, and SP’s Ch. Tendresse and Juniper Tree.

MAGICIAN’S NEPHEW, 9.0h grey colt
NCh. Ancient Magic x Ch. Silver Dreams - NCh. Silver Wizard
Genuinely forgot this guy was due. Oops. Purchased in-foal, he is the third foal for his MSW dam. Lots of hope around his dam as a producer, as Silver Dreams is half to platinum mares Wonderful Dreams and Ch. Sheza Dreamer.

Both will visit Blue Smoke for 2025.

32 Colts | 35 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death | 1 Mare Retired - 35 Due

Great names!

I love those names! I remember the days of the fake sires/dams. I remember being able to suggest the names, too. That was so much fun! XD

1 Like

love the story behind Pasta Bowl :smiley: and i remember making the fake pedigrees as well!