Black Storm 2023 Foals

Fillies continue to dominate this year.

DROPOUT DRAMA, 9.1h dark bay filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) - Easy Senora (S) - Easy Goer (G)
Half to SP’s Trinary Star, Snow Garden, and Ojos de Brujo. Easy Senora will be sold unbred at the stable auction beginning Wednesday.

FADING FOG, 8.3h dark gray filly
NCh. Ducati (B) x Seattle Rockette (G) - Seattle Slew (S)
Half to MSW Ch. RadioCity Rockette and 100% winners. Seattle Rockette will be bred to Nobly Regal next.

91 Foals: 43 Colts | 48 Fillies | 2 Stillborn - 17 due

1 Like

ENZAHI, 8.3h dark bay colt
GCh. Mantle of Power (S) x Egyptian Princess - GCh. Akhetnaten (S)
Named after the Egyptian Arabian stallion, Hadban Enzahi. Fourth foal and third colt for Egyptian Princess. From the same damline as MSW Ch. Lord of Misrule. Egyptian Princess will be sold, unbred, in tomorrow’s stable auction.

92 Foals: 44 Colts | 48 Fillies | 2 Stillborn - 16 due

RUNAWAYANDHIDE, 9.3h blue roan filly
NCh. Worthy Victor (S) x Classical Hightail (B) - GCH. Simply Heroic (S)
Half to 100% winners. She is bred on the same Sire/Broodmare-Sire cross as MSW Ch. Worthy Endeavor. Bred on a lease, Classical Hightail has returned to Sakura Springs.

93 Foals: 44 Colts | 49 Fillies | 2 Stillborn - 15 due (final 15!)

DIPPED IN TWILIGHT, 10h black colt
NCh. Fight the Twilight (B) x Dipped in Flowers - WCh. Strike it Rich (B)
First foal for multi-winning dam, a half-sister to MSW Ch. Don’t Trip and MSP Ch. Fool For Flowers. Quite excited for this big boy as both my Fight the Twilight 2yo’s have been consistently hitting the board so far (2 starts each). Dipped in Flowers will visit Allinvain for 2024.

6 mares now overdue despite the final June foal due Monday.

94 Foals: 45 Colts | 49 Fillies | 2 Stillborn - 14 due

Awesome name! Very nice colt.

love the name!

Thanks everyone!

SPIRIT GUIDE, 9.0h bay colt
NCh. Crafty Magic x Ch. Integral - ICh. Magic Glory (S)
Bred 4x5 to Highland Rogue, Spirit Guide is the 3rd foal and colt for his dam. Integral is MSP and a half-sister to NCh. Phenomenal. She will visit Highland Burning for 2024.

HOUSE ON A HILL, 8.1h bay filly
ICh. City Upon a Hill (B) x Salle Le Peletier - NCh. I’m A Classic (S)
Second foal for the dam. Salle Le Peletier will visit Venture His Due next.

96 Foals: 46 Colts | 50 Fillies | 2 Stillborn - 12 due

All June babies officially accounted for! Just down to two overdue May foals and 7 due in July and that will wrap up the 2023 foaling season for us. Most of our June/July foaling mares will not be bred for 2024, as I’d like to “reset” their foaling dates. Not like I’m in desperate need of foals, anyways.

DEVILINTHEBELFRY, 9.1h bay colt
NCh. Too Stressful x Ch. Crack the Bell (B) - ICh. Dark Continent (B)
Named for a song and an Edgar Allen Poe short story of the same name. Sixth foal and fifth colt for his SW dam. Half to 100% winners.

SPECIAL DARK, 9.2h light bay colt
NCh. Dark Demand (S) x Cadbury (B) - NCh. Highland Wizard (S)
Fourth foal for MSP dam and from the same damline as MSW’s GCh. Prince of Thieves and Ch. Bandita.

TOASTED
GCh. Edinburgh (B) x Light Up Your Life (S) - Cigar (S), 9.3h dark bay filly
Just purchased the dam in foal back in March but I’ve been leasing her SW half-sisters Ch. Amatus and Ch. Light of Eärendil for over a year with great success. Granddam is half to FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood. Light Up Your Life will visit Fight the Twilight for 2024.

99 Foals: 48 Colts | 51 Fillies | 2 Stillborn - 9 due

100th baby of the season!

CONFETTI PUNCH, 9.3h flea-bitten grey filly
NCh. LiveLong&Prosper x Twist of Lime (B) - Seattle Slew (S)
Dam has 50% winners and is half to our gold-ranked mare, French Resistance, as well as MSW and stud-qualified NCh. Franco Classico. She will visit Von Lichtenstein for 2024.

100 Foals: 48 Colts | 52 Fillies | 2 Stillborn - 8 due

She took her time then bid us adieu.

WIZEMAN, 10.0h black colt
NCh. Formal Occasion (S) x For The Win (S) - Created
Two weeks late, Wizeman is the ninth and final foal for For the Win who retired shortly after. Wizeman is half to MSW Ch. Carry the Day, and SP Tonight We Burn, both of whom we own. We acquired For the Win 8 years ago and she hit the board 16 of 19 times despite not racing until she was five, and set 2 speed records. We own her daughter, Carry the Day, as well as her 2yo and yearling.

101 Foals: 49 Colts | 52 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Retired - 7 due

Colts are slowly trying to catch up.

1 Like

Naturally a July foal arrives, not the very overdue June foal.

LASSWADE, 8.0h grey filly
NCh. Highland Burning (S) x Ch. Scottish Brogue (B) - NCh. Slew O’Scots (S)
Named for a small village in Scotland. Third foal for MSP dam and half to multi-winner Ghillie Brogues. Scottish Brogue will not be bred for 2024.

*100 Foals: 47 Colts | 53 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Retired - 6 due

*Reset the count to only include horses who were actually born, not bought. That’s why my numbers never matched (oops).

IMPERII ORIENTALIS, 10.0h black colt
WCh. Strike It Rich (S) x Infinite Horizons - Rahy (S)
Fashionably late by 23 days and from the final crop of Strike It Rich. From the same Sire/Damsire cross as MSP Nikola Tesla. Named after the Imperii Orientalis et Circumjacentium Regionum, a collection of maps from the 18th century. Infinite Horizons was bred on a lease and returns to RC Bee.

Just the July babies left.

101 Foals: 48 Colts | 53 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Retired - 5 due

GOLDEN HIND, 9.1h bay filly
NCh. Golden Text (G) x Ch. Perfect Princess (S) - GCh. Worth My While (G)
Out of a MSW dam and half to SP Celtic Quarrel. From the same damline as MSW’s GCh. Legendary Glory and Ch. Baralin. Bred on a lease, Perfect Princess has returned to Marshall Creek.

102 Foals: 48 Colts | 54 Fillies | 2 Stillborn | 1 Mare Retired - 4 due

Love the name.

Unfortunately lost one.

Stillborn colt
ICh. Belanso (S) x Ch. Danzig Queen (B) - Danzig (S)

102 Foals: 48 Colts | 54 Fillies | 3 Stillborn | 2 Mares Retired - 3 due

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your lost foal.

Fillies won this year but still fairly even!

WOLFCATCHER, 9.2h dark grey colt
WCh. Strike It Rich (S) x Diamond Thief - GCh. Cool Thief
First foal for dam. Diamond Thief will be in the Mixed Auction, unbred.

103 Foals: 49 Colts | 54 Fillies | 3 Stillborn | 2 Mares Retired - 2 due

WITCH’S BREW, 9.0h bay filly
NCh. Crafty Magic (B) x Distilled Sorcery (B) - NCh. Seattle Sorcerer (S)
Half to 3 winners from 4 runners. Dam is a G2 winner and set 2 speed records on the track. Distilled Sorcery’s dam is half to WCh. Highland Bandit. Mare will be consigned to the Mixed Auction, unbred.

104 Foals: 49 Colts | 54 Fillies | 3 Stillborn | 2 Mares Retired - 1 due

Just waiting on one mare due July 10th then we are done with our biggest foaling season by far. I should really cut back for next year…

Ohhh love the name!

I especially love the last two names!