Black Storm 2018 Crop

[color=blue]Napoleon, 10.0hh blood bay colt
NCh. French Ruby x Ch. While I’m Lucky, by GCh. Worth My While (G)
While I’m Lucky decided to wait three more days before delivering this big colt. We look almost identical to mom, except instead of a star we have a snip as our only dash of color. While I’m Lucky’s oldest foal is a 2yo who will debut later this year, but she is a half-sister to GCH. Lucky Danzig and her dam is a half-sib to NCH. Get the Point (S), Ch. Celtic Mist (S), and Clear as Crystal (S; dam of 8 winners from 8 runners including 3 SW’s and a MSW). Napoleon’s pedigree includes six gold-rated and one platinum-rated horse. While I’m Lucky has been offered for lease.

Total:
13 Foals | [color=blue]8 Colts | [color=red]5 Fillies | [color=green]2 Stillborn | 16 due

[color=red]Force Within, 8.3hh black filly
NCh. Slew O’Scots (S) x Ch. Keep Quiet, by WCh. What’s Debatable (S)
A huge sigh of relief sums up this girl! Keep Quiet kept her legs crossed for 15 days beyond her due date and we were beginning to expect the worse. Force Within is part of Slew O’Scots’ final crop. Keep Quiet will visit Major’s Flight next (presuming she didn’t quite blow her booking date).

Now I just have 2 mares overdue!

Total:
14 Foals | [color=blue]8 Colts | [color=red]6 Fillies | [color=green]2 Stillborn | 15 due

Congrats on the cute filly!  Glad to see a healthy Slew O’Scots baby.  He retired JUST before my mare’s booking date, so it got cancelled last year.  Drat!  But at least you got a good one out of him!

[color=red]Woke Up Dreaming, 8.3hh dapple gray filly
GCh. Galaxy’s Zodiac x Dancinginthedark (B), by Black Gold (S)
She blew her breeding date, but at least she foaled a healthy foal! Dancinginthedark kept her legs crossed an extra 9 days before delivering her fourth foal. Dancinginthedark’s two racing-age foals have hit the board 5 of 9 times and 5 of 8 times, respectively. Dancinginthedark will see In the Navy next.

Total:
15 Foals | [color=blue]8 Colts | [color=red]7 Fillies | [color=green]2 Stillborn | 14 due

Congratulations on Dancinginthedark’s healthy foal.

[color=red]Love and Lies, 9.3hh dark bay filly
ICh. Dark Continent (B) x GCh. June My Love
Sighs of relief and tears of joy were in the barn tonight as our favorite mare, June My Love, finally foaled a healthy girl 15 days late. This is her second filly in as many foals, and interestingly they’re both dark bays despite their sires and June herself being anything but! She’ll visit Foolhardy next (excited!).

All late mares are finally done cooking and we now wait for the March kids – who are all due within the first 8 days of the month if all goes well! The number of colts and fillies are even for once, though.

Total:
16 Foals | [color=blue]8 Colts | [color=red]8 Fillies | [color=green]2 Stillborn | 13 due

[color=blue]Phoenix Cure, 8.0hh dark bay colt
NCh. Joyeux Oiseau x Ch. Whispering Embers (B), by Fire ‘n’ Smoke (B)
A few days early but healthy! Phoenix Cure is half to Whisper Front who has hit the board in all 7 of her starts so far. Whispering Embers’ dam is half to The Fighting Fifty. She’s been offered for lease.

Total:
17 Foals | [color=blue]9 Colts | [color=red]8 Fillies | [color=green]2 Stillborn | 12 due

[color=blue]Ebriz, 9.1hh chestnut colt
NCh. French Ruby x Blues Baby, by GCh. My Lucky Day (S)
Blues Baby’s third foal – and she broke this year’s theme by foaling right on time! She’s half to MSW GCh. Glory Halleluia, MSW GCh. National Anthem, and MSW Ch. Lacking Sense. Blues Baby has been offered for sale. Ebriz means “pure gold.”

[color=blue]Throne, 8.1hh dark bay colt
NCh. French Ruby x Castleonacloud
Third foal out of Castleonacloud, who has been offered for sale.

Total:
19 Foals | [color=blue]11 Colts | [color=red]8 Fillies | [color=green]2 Stillborn | 10 due

[color=red]London Symphony, 8.2hh chestnut filly
WCh. Drum Major x Ch. My Lady’s Princess, by ICh. Worth the Wait (S)
This is My Lady’s Princess’ fourth foal and filly. Her dam is MSP and a half-sister to NCh. Government Secret (B), GCh. Ladylove (G), Ch. Legendary Lady (B), NCh. The First, and Lady Barton (G). My Lady’s Princess is being leased to Marshall Creek.

Unfortunately, we lost a colt by French Ruby out of Jazzify. We had sold Jazzify to Starfish Stables last fall, but luckily we own a yearling half-sister.

We still have 3 mares overdue.

Total:
19 Foals | [color=blue]11 Colts | [color=red]9 Fillies | [color=green]3 Stillborn | 8 due

Sorry to hear about Jazzify’s foal. :frowning: Good luck with London Symphony - love the name!

Sorry to hear about your loss. You seem to have had a higher ratio of stillborn to live births than most stables this year. Anyway, good luck with the rest of your babies, including those still due.

I seem to go from a bad year to really good year. Last year I had just 1 stillborn (1 mare tired) but the year before I had 4, and the year before that just 1. I seem to have more mares this year taking their sweet time to foal, though! Usually they threaten to foal in December but now they seem to like going 2-3 weeks late and blowing breeding dates. Silly girls.

It really seems like a bad year for stillbirths… I’ve had 2/12 foals be stillborn and when I look at other stables’ threads, it seems like no one else is having much better luck.

[color=red]Bride To Be, 9.0hh gray filly
NCh. Formal Occasion x Meant To Be (S), by NCh. Moonover Boy (S)
Twelve days late, this big girl finally decided to show! She is a half-sister to stakes winners Pride Lands and Dark Spirit, as well as stakes placed Ch. Nindalf. Meant To Be will visit Mr. Prospective for 2019. I’m pretty happy that the number of girls and boys this year so far are pretty even! I tend to have a colt-heavy year followed by a filly-heavy year.

Total:
20 Foals | [color=blue]11 Colts | [color=red]10 Fillies | [color=green]3 Stillborn | 7 due

Still being offered for lease is Ch. Whispering Embers (Fire ‘n’ Smoke x Whisperifyoudare, by No Duplicate); her dam is half to The Fighting Fifty. 20k.

Still for sale:
Castleonacloud (create); only racing foal is a 3yo with a (2) 0-1-0-1 record. 10k, unbred for the year.
Blues Baby (GCh. My Lucky Day x Rhythm n’ Blues); half to 3 multiple stakes winners. 20k, unbred for the year.

THANK YOU. I swear my two overdue mares forgot they were even pregnant. One is still forgetting but at least SOMEONE popped!

[color=red]Cherries Jubilee, 9.0hh strawberry roan filly
ICh. Take Me Away (B) x Cherry Cheesecake, by Distinct Possibili (S)
A whopping 19 days late, we were beginning to expect a mammoth foal or something far worse. Thankfully, this girl is happy and healthy! Cherries Jubilee is an almost carbon copy of her mom except she has less white on her face and more on the legs. Cherry Cheesecake will visit Drum Major next.

I have a mare who is now 22 days overdue. Pixel ponies are not good for my health.

Total:
21 Foals | [color=blue]11 Colts | [color=red]11 Fillies | [color=green]3 Stillborn | 6 due

[color=blue]Nexus, 10.1hh bay colt
FFCh. High Chances (S) x Black Clouds, by The Black (G)
It took an extra 24 days to deliver this massive son by High Chances, but the wait was well worth it! Nexus, who inherits his dam’s snip and nothing else in looks, is the second foal out of his dam. He shares the same Sire/BM sire cross as Ch. Reafan and MSW NCh. Reprise. Black Clouds has been leased to Fox Run for 2018.

Total:
22 Foals | [color=blue]12 Colts | [color=red]11 Fillies | [color=green]3 Stillborn | 5 due

Our only April-due foal finally arrived!

[color=red]S

Both May kids have hit the ground. Just two left to be born in June and we’re done for the year!

[color=red]Find Your Story, 8.3hh dark bay filly
ICh. Doodles (B) x Ch. Three Spectacles (B), by Spectacular Bid (S)
Fifth foal out of MSW Three Spectacles. I’m hoping both Doodles and Three Spectacles’ offspring are late bloomers. She’s been leased to Fox Hill for 2019.

[color=blue]Mad Hatter, 9.3hh dapple gray colt
NCh. French Ruby x For the Win (B)
Third foal out of For the Win. His lineage is a complete gamble coming from unique but unproven lines from his sire and create lines on behalf of his dam. For the Win has been offered for lease for 10k.

Total:
26 Foals | [color=blue]13 Colts | [color=red]13 Fillies | [color=green]3 Stillborn | 2 due

It will be interesting to see if I somehow end up with an even number of boys and girls this year.

All my French Ruby foals are boys!  ::) And looking at his foals thus far, from his 18 weanlings this year only 4 are fillies. Yeesh. 9 of 27 overall have been girls!

Thus concludes the 2018 foal crop for me!

Both May kids have hit the ground. Just two left to be born in June and we’re done for the year!

[color=blue]Taker of Gentlemen, 8.1hh dark bay colt
ICh. Devil His Due (B) x Glitter Rose (B)
Might change the name. Half to SP Dethroned, all his race-age siblings have won and he’s Glitter Rose’s 5th foal (and 4th colt). She won’t be bred this year.

[color=red]Twinkle Twinkle, 9.1hh bay filly
GCh. Dixie Time (B) x Cosmic Beam (B), by Redwood Prince (G)
Half to SP Chaos Theory. She’s an unknown in terms of breeding with her sire being a create and his first crop having debuted this year, and her dam has mostly gone to so-so or dud sires via FF ownership. Cosmic Beam will be sold in my stable auction later this month, open.

Total:
28 Foals | [color=blue]14 Colts | [color=red]14 Fillies | [color=green]3 Stillborn

Solid 50/50 for boys and girls! Official list:

[color=red]Autumn Red - ICh. What’s Your Point x GCh. Walk the Line
[color=red]Bride to Be - NCh. Formal Occasion x Meant To Be
[color=red]Cherries Jubilee - ICh. Take Me Away x Cherry Cheesecake
[color=blue]Dark Ages - NCh. Changeling x Dark Twilight
[color=red]Dear Virginia (originally Secret Senora) - GCh. Secretsarebound x Easy Senora
[color=red]Dream Awake (formerly Woke Up Dreaming) - GCh. Galaxy’s Zodiac x Dancinginthedark
[color=blue]Ebriz - NCh. French Ruby x Blues Baby
[color=red]Find Your Story - ICh. Doodles x Ch. Three Spectacles
[color=blue]For Glory - NCh. Call To War x Ch. Cool Your Jets
[color=red]Force Within - NCh. Slew O’Scots x Ch. Keep Quiet
[color=red]London Symphony - WCh. Drum Major x Ch. My Lady’s Princess
[color=red]Love and Lies - ICh. Dark Continent x GCh. June My Love
[color=blue]Mad Hatter - NCh. French Ruby x For The Win
[color=red]Marseillaise - Oscillation x French Resistance
[color=blue]Napoleon - NCh. French Ruby x Ch. While I’m Lucky
[color=blue]Nexus - FFCh. High Chances x Black Clouds
[color=red]Night Trials - WCh. Nightfight x Von Hollywood
[color=blue]Owl Hunt - NCh. Joyeux Oiseau x Midnight Return