Beta Site

You don’t need to be logged in unless you want to see your stable budget. Nothing else is built yet that’s private, so you can view horses without logging in.

thanks!

It’s acting up agin and I can’t sign in sighs…

Please file a bug.

It might be my iPad its been acting odd all week

When I logged on to finalfurlong.org this morning on a different computer than I normally use, it brought up the beta site.  What’s THAT about?

That’s always been the case. www.finalfurlong.org leads to this site, beta.finalfurlong.org and finalfurlong.org go to the beta.

(I plan to change servers in a few weeks so this may no longer be the case when I do that.)

Gotchya.  Thanks for that! :slight_smile:

Ok i feel like my gmail hates FF and I don’t understand why. I thought trying out the beta would be fun but I’m not getting any e-mails from the beta site to reset my password. I don’t know why my e-mail is eating FF emails but I’m getting them from everyone else.

It’s not you, don’t worry. :slight_smile: The auto-data import kept causing the server to die so I disabled it, so the beta site data hasn’t been updated for a couple of months. I need to re-run the data import (and then you’ll exist on the beta, which is why you’re not able to reset your password), plus figure out why the auto-data import doesn’t want to play nice.

Oh gotcha, no worries. Glad to know my gmail isn’t an evil mail nabbing monster <3

Did the beta site web address get purchased by someone else? It directs to an odd URL…

No, I accidentally had it pointing to the wrong IP address.

Having said (and fixed) that, I don’t have any content up on the beta site at the moment because I’m taking a different approach towards developing it so there isn’t anything “shiny” to see at the moment.

Oh good. I thought I was missing something!
Honestly, I was going to use the fun feature of all horses you’ve sold to easily follow up.  :stuck_out_tongue: I can use the search feature here to find that info if I need to, but it was all bright & shiny & easy on the beta site.

I can re-launch the new site anytime, the issue was the data copying over (which is now what I’m trying to solve behind-the-scenes).